Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2 View Post
My Top 11 Favorite All-Time Mavs of great significance who I vow I will aquire Game-Worn Jerseys for:

1. Dirk Nowitzki - Check
2. Shawn Bradley
3. Jason Kidd
4. Nick Van Exel
5. Roy Tarpley - Check
6. Michael Finley
7. Jamal Mashburn
8. Jason Terry
9. Rolando Blackman - Check
10. Christian Laettner
11. Jimmy Jackson - Check
(and even though I'm not numbering him here because of his Mav's-traitor status, I'll need to get a Nash too, but it's depressing to think about how much that two-time MVP sumfb*tch will end up eventually costing.... )

(with, in no particular order, runner's up game-worn jersey target-candidates being: Chris Gatling/Tony Dumas/George McCloud/Fat Lever/Brad Davis/Cherokee Parks/Gerald Green/Lorenzo Williams/Jim Farmer/Cedric Ceballos/Ed O'Bannon/Popeye Jones/Shawne Williams/Doug Smith/Calvin Booth/Eric Montross/Austin Croshere/Loren Meyer/and others who I am probably forgetting... )

I vow that I will complete this list, and this thread will stand as eternal public testament to that said completion....
How you gonna leave off the Big Smooth? And for that matter, Donald Hodge?

And if you are angling for a Jim Farmer, God knows you better want a Jim Spanarkel. I bet that game-worn jersey would cost you a king's ransom.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 AM   #82
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
How you gonna leave off the Big Smooth? And for that matter, Donald Hodge?

And if you are angling for a Jim Farmer, God knows you better want a Jim Spanarkel. I bet that game-worn jersey would cost you a king's ransom.
Leaving off Sleepy Sam was a terrible oversight (especially considering the fact that I used to wait on him whilst working at the Bennigans on beltline in Addison as a young man back in 92-93 and I saw him and a couple of his boys lure a certain pair of our waitresses out to do Providence knows what with his motley group on at least three occasions or so), and as far as Hodge is concerned, maybe someday I will be able to trade the Ape another jersey for the one that he currently owns... As far as former Mavs' greats like Spanarkel are concerned, all of the old 80's Mav's jersey's that pop up on ebay or elsewhere, generally tend to be sickeningly expensive, but hopefully, bones like that won't be quite so hard for me to chew up and sh*t out in near years to come...
Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Leaving off Sleepy Sam was a terrible oversight (especially considering the fact that I used to wait on him whilst working at the Bennigans on beltline in Addison as a young man back in 92-93 and I saw him and a couple of his boys lure a certain pair of our waitresses out to do Providence knows what with his motley group on at least three occasions or so), and as far as Hodge is concerned, maybe someday I will be able to trade the Ape another jersey for the one that he currently owns... As far as former Mavs' greats like Spanarkel are concerned, all of the old 80's Mav's jersey's that pop up on ebay or elsewhere, generally tend to be sickeningly expensive, but hopefully, bones like that won't be quite so hard for me to chew up and sh*t out in near years to come...
Please. You are getting ready to erect a freakin' museum! I, for one, rest comfortably that you will include in your museum the Shaq of the Mac Gary Trent, as well as Sweet Lucious Harris, Morlon Wiley, and the great Darren Morningstar!

Of course, this is not to mention Oliver Miller.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #84
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please. You are getting ready to erect a freakin' museum! I, for one, rest comfortably that you will include in your museum the Shaq of the Mac Gary Trent, as well as Sweet Lucious Harris, Morlon Wiley, and the great Darren Morningstar!

Of course, this is not to mention Oliver Miller.
Those are some very good ideas, CD old friend, but what would you think about, say... a great former Mav's leading scorer, 50 point gamer, blind-folded slam-dunk champ, one time all-star, and post-NBA career Globetrotter like... Cedric Ceballos ?

The Game-Worn, Mei-Gray Authenticated Cedric Ceballos (including Cedric Ceballos Armband)

Partially inspired by some of the BSery that's taken place on this thread over the last couple of days or so, I followed my own advice and bought low on yet another significant piece of Mavs' history this evening. This game-worn Cedric jersey comes with full Mei-Gray authentication, a game-worn armband (I've never gotten one of those before), and even an autographed Fleer card showing Big C wearing the same armband (and a similar road jersey)... The Collection is growing, and for good or ill, I just don't know where it will stop...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-07-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #85
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And for good measure, I also blew $11 this evening, by purchasing via ebay the 8 by 10 glossy pictured below- a fine piece of photographic art that has been autographed by the greatest center who has ever worn a Mavericks' unifrom, and that will soon be framed and hanging proudly next to the autographed Dick Motta, Nellie, Tarpley, Popeye Jones, and Lorenzo Williams pics (Laugh if you must, but I still say that those latter named three might have developed into some kind of a broke man's version of a Bird/McHale/Parrish-style frontline if only Tarp hadn't have been hit with that unfair booze suspension in the Summer following Kidd's rookie year), that currently hang proudly over my expansive, and oh-so-attractive to girls, computer desk area ...

AC and Big Shawn: Poetry in Motion

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-07-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #86
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Those are some awesome Dirk jerseys, Rick41 . And it's danged commendable that you have been picking up all or many of the multifarious versions of our Big Germans' national uniform shirts...
Yep, i will admit i am an amid collector of all Dirk Nowitzki Jerseys Has dawned. I am just missing the 03-04 Silver Alternate (very rare), and both 99-00 Home and away jerseys (mitchell and ness are pretty expensive =/).

But i am determined to have all jerseys by ends time.

I am a big big fan of Deutschland.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 02-09-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #87
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

One More:

04-05 Mears Authenticated, Game Worn Michael Finley Jersey

Bought this morning at a greatly reduced price on Ebay, thanks to the Panic of '09...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-12-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #88
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Do you have the Mavs Rodman jersey? I'm looking for one.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #89
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Do you have the Mavs Rodman jersey? I'm looking for one.
A game-worn or even issued Rodman jersey would be a very, very hard jersey to acquire. Considering how few games Rodman played for us, I'd bet that at least half of the jerseys he ever wore as a Mav are probably hanging in one of his closets somewhere, and I'd bet that any others might be held by team-close insiders who don't give a hoot how much one of them might sell for on ebay, but who keep them as keepsakes or objects of amusement... If one ever popped up on ebay with a real provenance, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for mucho dinero (certainly more than I would probably be able to afford)...

Replicas though... Those things pop up regularly on ebay-strangely, especially in kid's sizes- and they can be generally had for a good $15-25...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-12-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #90
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I have never tried crack cocaine before, but I have to imagine that the feeling one might feel the first time one tried that dangerous, heady, and overwhelming drug might compare to the feeling that a fella might encounter after receiving both a Cedric Ceballos and Michael Finley game-worn jersey in the mail on the same day...
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #91
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

And now for a first.. I've been meaning to pick up a Cowboys game-worn jersey for a long, long time now, and consequently I've been watching Cowboy's game-worn auctions on ebay fairly closely for the last couple of years, but I didn't want to settle for a meaningless scrub's or training camp cuttee's jersey as my first jersey aquisition, and I just never caught the right deal for a significant Cowboy's jersey at the right time... that is... Until Now.

This is my first Cowboys game worn jersey; won this night:

The Kenny 'Shark-Dance' Gant 1993 Game-Worn Jersey

Let's take it back to 1993 and Do The MuthaF*ckin Shark-Dance up on those MuthaF******! Yeeeahh...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-23-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #92
chumdawg
Guru

My god, that thing is beautiful...
Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #93
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
My god, that thing is beautiful...
Hahaha... I am damned well happy to see you commenting, CD, old friend, because I absolutely F-ing Know that you would appreciate both the amusement value and the historical significance that a 1993 muthafu***** Kenny Gant game-worn jersey represents ...
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #94
chumdawg
Guru

You're damn right I do. Kenny Gant was a critical element on those championship teams, even if he didn't get the acclaim that an Irvin, Smith, or Aikman did. He captained what was a ferocious special teams unit, and as such extraordinarily implemental in our team's great success.

An unsung hero, to be sure. But not unsung in EvilMav's house! That's a freakin' museum-worthy piece you acquired there, my man.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #95
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

They need more Kenny Gants on the present-day Cowboys.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #96
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Due to work and multifarious other reasons, I've been forced to be regrettably scarce on the board lately, but I just can't not post something about the following acquisition on my old game worn jerseys thread. I've needed a #44 game worn jersey for a long time now, and that itch finally just got scratched ...

The Shawn Bradley 2004-2005 Playoff Game, Mei-Gray Authenticated Game Worn Jersey:

The Power and the Glory...
Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #97
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

evil sighting

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #98
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Due to work and multifarious other reasons, I've been forced to be regrettably scarce on the board lately, but I just can't not post something about the following acquisition on my old game worn jerseys thread. I've needed a #44 game worn jersey for a long time now, and that itch finally just got scratched ...
I am so excited for you! I don't know if you have kids, but if you did, i'm sure you would have traded your first-born for this one. It seems for the longest time, you, me, and Ape were the only ones that ever defended Bradley.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #99
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I am so excited for you! I don't know if you have kids, but if you did, i'm sure you would have traded your first-born for this one. It seems for the longest time, you, me, and Ape were the only ones that ever defended Bradley.
And the irony is that you three are the only humans he was capable of 'defending'.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #100
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #101
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And the irony is that you three are the only humans he was capable of 'defending'.
i don't know... he could have given you a run for your money, i think. Plus, he was awesome in Space Jam.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #102
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Big Shawn did manage to retire as the 11th most prolific shot-blocker in NBA history, and he managed to do that even though Nellie and Avery both severely restricted his minutes over the last five years or so of his career. At his best, Big #44 was a defensive force capable of wreaking havoc and frustration on opposing teams, and for every punch-line highlight that sportscenter would play over and over again showing him being dunked on, he swatted twenty more attempts into the stands...

SWAT!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #103
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Oh yeah, and I do have one more fairly ridiculous addition to the collection...

The Game Worn Allan Bristow 1983 Short Shorts

Old 06-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #104
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Big Shawn did manage to retire as the 11th most prolific shot-blocker in NBA history, and he managed to do that even though Nellie and Avery both severely restricted his minutes over the last five years or so of his career. At his best, Big #44 was a defensive force capable of wreaking havoc and frustration on opposing teams, and for every punch-line highlight that sportscenter would play over and over again showing him being dunked on, he swatted twenty more attempts into the stands...

SWAT!
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Evilmav2 again.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #105
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
i don't know... he could have given you a run for your money, i think. Plus, he was awesome in Space Jam.

Speaking of, think of how awesome it would be to get the game-worn jersey that the monstar with Shawn Bradley-powers wore during the game against Jordan and the Looney Tunes. Now THAT would be a collectible.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #106
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I do have this proudly displayed on my desk - not really because i like bradley. Someone gave it to me because it reminded them of me. Awesome...

Old 06-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #107
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
you have to spread some rep before giving it to Flaco again...

That was funny right there!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote