Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #1401
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I would rather trade Josh for Okafor (in that dream) then acquire Odom and have a collection of ill fitting parts.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #1402
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #1403
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs do not need Odom and Marion. They only need one or the other. I'd prefer Marion becaue of his defensive abilities. But to each their own. Getting Odom with Dirk and Marion would make it hard to utilize everyone correctly.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #1404
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I would like to see someone other then LA sign Odom just to cripple them that little bit.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #1405
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
BTW...I don't want to get anyone's hopes up here. Let me preface this by saying that I doubt there's more than a 5% chance that this happens.

However, Cuban said yesterday at some point that no official paperwork has gone through for the Gortat signing.

Orlando, because of the exception they received in the trade, can now trade Gortat without worrying about BYC issues.

It is possible - remotely possible - that the Magic are simply playing hardball with the Mavs in order to get some sort of chip from them in a SnT (which is possible if all three parties agree to rescind the offer sheet).

Again...I very much doubt this is the case, but I just wanted to alert everyone to the possibility. DLord has mentioned it a couple times as well, lest anyone think I'm claiming this as my original idea.
You say remotely possible...on the surface, to a basketball dummy like me, it sounds like it's quite possible they realized how much interest there was in this guy and decided there was no reason to let him go for nothing...at least, that's what I would tell myself if I were a Magic fan trying to figure out why we're paying that much for someone to back up Dwight freaking Howard. But you guys know a lot more about it than I do.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #1406
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I like the idea of trading for Brand. Howard/Willams for Brand works.

Brand / Damp / Hollins
Dirk / Singleton / Hollins
Marion
Barnes? / Terry / Ross
Kidd / JJ / Robo

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #1407
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
"We still feel terrific about our team," Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. "This was an added plus. But we've got Erick Dampier, and he's more than filled that position for us in the past."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.4023c17.html

Ugh...
Wow.....just Wow!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #1408
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
You say remotely possible...on the surface, to a basketball dummy like me, it sounds like it's quite possible they realized how much interest there was in this guy and decided there was no reason to let him go for nothing...at least, that's what I would tell myself if I were a Magic fan trying to figure out why we're paying that much for someone to back up Dwight freaking Howard. But you guys know a lot more about it than I do.
Well, the problem is that if they don't do the SnT with Dallas, they can't trade him until December, can't trade him to Dallas for a full year, and he has to approve any trade for a full year.

So there's a TON of leeway for them to get royally screwed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #1409
Dirklebron

Dirklebron is on a distinguished road

They are still awaiting the official loss of Gortat (paperwork, one more conversation with the Magic?, a super-secret S-and-T?)

i hope thats true!, i can't stand damp and do we really want odom? He is no big man, he can play the 1 for goodness sake. We need presence in the middle not a lamar scrotom
Dirklebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #1410
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, the problem is that if they don't do the SnT with Dallas, they can't trade him until December, can't trade him to Dallas for a full year, and he has to approve any trade for a full year.

So there's a TON of leeway for them to get royally screwed.
I hope they do get screwed. I know Gortat is an unknown commodity so that does not other me much I'm just pissed at how they kept or MLE tied up so long.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #1411
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

On the contrary, having Odom on the lineup gives us a lethal 3 headed power forward combo when played at the same time, though giving us an average defense but sure enough will get the opposing team a hard time defending. Who knows Carlisle can tap the real talent behind Lamar and bring out an all star within..
Old 07-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #1412
Dirklebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
On the contrary, having Odom on the lineup gives us a lethal 3 headed power forward combo when played at the same time, though giving us an average defense but sure enough will get the opposing team a hard time defending. Who knows Carlisle can tap the real talent behind Lamar and bring out an all star within..

Too bad odom isn't a power foward, foward yeah but power lol yah right. Dallas will never get it we've had walker/dirk/jamison playing power foward before where that get us? Its not only about match ups, dallas needs someone in the paint other teams will be scared of, who do we have like that right now? Not one single big man, Gortat would have changed that. All odom brings is more scoring, we really don't need that at all.

LOL READ YOUR OWN SIGNITURE, then tell me u want odom.

Last edited by Dirklebron; 07-14-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #1413
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirklebron View Post
Too bad odom isn't a power foward, foward yeah but power lol yah right. Dallas will never get it we've had walker/dirk/jamison playing power foward before where that get us? Its not only about match ups, dallas needs someone in the paint other teams will be scared of, who do we have like that right now? Not one single big man, Gortat would have changed that. All odom brings is more scoring, we really don't need that at all.

LOL READ YOUR OWN SIGNITURE, then tell me u want odom.
Odom has had most of his success in LA playing the 4.

Unlike Walker, Dirk, and Jamison, Odom is NOT a jumpshooter (not usually at least). He's at his best driving the lane and playing around the rim.

Defensively, he's not great. But he can guard most of the PFs (i.e. basically everybody but KG, Al Jefferson, and Duncan - if you want to call him a PF) in the league without getting his butt handed to him.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #1414
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd/Howard/Marion/Dirk/Odom = fail

(looks like a Nellie squad on steroids, but only in relation to size...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #1415
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Kidd/Howard/Marion/Dirk/Odom = fail

(looks like a Nellie squad on steroids, but only in relation to size...)
but look at all the rings he has as a coach!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-14-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #1416
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I like the idea of trading for Brand. Howard/Willams for Brand works.

Brand / Damp / Hollins
Dirk / Singleton / Hollins
Marion
Barnes? / Terry / Ross
Kidd / JJ / Robo

Man you really like these undersized centers that aren't that good defensively. Same token, I like all the ones you brought up more than Damp overall.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #1417
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...dge_cuban.nba/

Cuban Interview w/ David Aldridge, where he talks a little bit about the Gortat matching. Poor guy.

Did he say "Roddy Buckets?"

Apologies if this link was already posted...I didn't see it anywhere else...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 07-14-2009 at 10:25 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #1418
Dirklebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog80 View Post
Odom has had most of his success in LA playing the 4.

Unlike Walker, Dirk, and Jamison, Odom is NOT a jumpshooter (not usually at least). He's at his best driving the lane and playing around the rim.

Defensively, he's not great. But he can guard most of the PFs (i.e. basically everybody but KG, Al Jefferson, and Duncan - if you want to call him a PF) in the league without getting his butt handed to him.
I am not saying odom is horrible or anything, but why do we need him? for what? What does he bring that we don't already have? What i am trying to get at is odom is not who we want or need at all, i see no purpose in him except if we want to go back to our old ways of just stacking up power fowards even though we have Dirk. Howard/marion/dirk is plenty at 3/4 where else is odom needed? 5? lol ya right he barely is a 4.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #1419
cookiemonster592

cookiemonster592 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you believe the Raptors would trade their most talented player to a competitor in the East for a pile of trash then you, sir, are a complete idiot.
+1
cookiemonster592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #1420
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is possible - remotely possible - that the Magic are simply playing hardball with the Mavs in order to get some sort of chip from them in a SnT (which is possible if all three parties agree to rescind the offer sheet).
If that's what Otis had in mind, then he can go f*ck himself and pay $6 mil/yr for his backup center.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 07-14-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #1421
cookiemonster592

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouBelieveInMagic92 View Post
Sorry to inform you,but this is the best move of the off-season(next to stalling re-signing Gortat to sign Dallas's own Brandon Bass) for Otis Smith and the Magic.Otis couldn't have played his cards any better than he did,while Dallas's card where abruptly stuck on their forehead,showing everything.We traded for VC,who will knock off $18M in cap space come 2011,in which we will use to resign the best C in he NBA to a max contract.

Gortat will not remain w/ the team past 2010,and if...I mean when we try to move Gortat,we have a trade exception($8) from the Turkoglu/Marion trade,in which we will use to trade for a top PF(theres whispers of the Magic trading Gortat,the $8M trade exception,JJ Redick and a first rounder to Toronto for CB4[the salaries matchup).So,basically(and Im assuming Ive figured out Otis's gameplan) the VC deal allows the Magic to re-sign Gortat,not to mention the $1-3M of cash considerations we got from Dallas in the Turkuglo/Marion deal that we basically just used to help retain Gortat fom you guys,even though we really didn't need it.Mainly becaue,Magic owner Rich De Vos(83) has most likely double the amount of money Mark Cuban has,so heading into the luxury tax for him in a non-issue.

Even if Gortat declines a trade this year,next year he will be just as hot(we'd be going deep int to he playoffs again,allowing Gortat to showcase his talents again,possibly even winning it all),maybe even moreso,w/ all the teams clearing cap space for twenty-ten,so if this be the plan Otis has......I gotta say a die hard Magic fan....Im rather impressed.....
That deal will never happen, plus if I recall the Magic have traded their first round draft pick two years in a row. Because of that they can't use that as a bargaining chip this year.
Plus the players you mentioned there is no way the Raptors will take that kind of trash for their best player.
So that trade you mentioned is a non starter even before it got to the gate.

The smartest move for the Magic would have been not to match on Gortat and now they can't trade him until at least Dec 15th and then only with his approval.
So who screwed who it sounds more like the Magic have screwed themselves overpaying how much for in their case a backup center.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #1422
cookiemonster592

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
What's funny is that all the Orlando posters on the message board seem to believe they are going to get Battier from Houston in December. Where exactly are they getting this idea? Didn't Houston offer less than us this summer?
I been reading everything and it seems they are talking about using the TE.
If they do that it would put Houston below the lux tax and apparently Houston is gun oh for that.
Gortat would be traded for cash and draft picks. Any ways that is what they are talking about on their forum, what Otis Smith actually does is any one's guess.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #1423
sike
The Preacha

still no official word of papers signed? Or is Gortat even in the country?

Old 07-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #1424
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #1425
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Gortat is going to sign with a Euro team to screw the Magic. Now that I'd like to see.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #1426
Dirklebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Maybe Gortat is going to sign with a Euro team to screw the Magic. Now that I'd like to see.
lol he is restrickted, if he could sign to whoever he would have been ours.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #1427
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Just learned that Orlando can't use the TPE in a packing including another player so if they use that as a chip it'll have to be just to take on a player which will again add to their luxury tax bill.

Their FO is shelling out all of this money and won't even be in the Finals next season. Maybe if they kept Hedo on the squad they'd have a legitimate team but currently they're going to be terrible defensively and won't have Turkoglu's Point Forward capabilities to direct their offense.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #1428
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Man you really like these undersized centers that aren't that good defensively. Same token, I like all the ones you brought up more than Damp overall.
Just trying to look at all the possibilities. I think Dalembert, Brand, and Kaman could all be had for a package around Howard but it really comes down to which player are we planning on chasing next offseason.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-14-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #1429
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Actually Brand plays both inside and out offensively. Defensively Brand was known to be a very good shot blocker. In fact he has had a couple of seasons where he avg 2.5 blocks per game. 6 seasons with over 10 rebounds per game.

I would suspect him to be a 15/10 guy for the Mavs pretty easily.......IF he is healthy.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #1430
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just trying to look at all the possibilities. I think Dalembert, Brand, and Kaman could all be had for a package around Howard but it really comes down to which player are we planning on chasing next offseason.
None of them are worth Howard. I'd rather make do with Damp/Hollins.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #1431
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The Mavs do not need Odom and Marion. They only need one or the other. I'd prefer Marion becaue of his defensive abilities. But to each their own. Getting Odom with Dirk and Marion would make it hard to utilize everyone correctly.
Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkolu are redundant as well........except the still figured out how to make it work.

Odom and Marion at the swing isn't bad with Kidd running the break, and Odom running the offense in the half court.

How many teams can defend a pick n roll with Dirk/Odom with Kidd spotted up at the 3 and Marion backside cutting?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #1432
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps this is a dumb question but if the paper work hasn't gone through then can't the Mavs rescind their offer?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #1433
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I wonder why there isn't any news about the official signing. Has Orlando done the deal? Is it official? Or is it just understood that Gortat will remain with Orlando and no formal signing is necessary?
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #1434
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

f the magic
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #1435
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The Magic are F'ed

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #1436
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

IndianButtMagic >>>> Magic

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #1437
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
haha he looks like stuart scott from espn.com lol
Ooh, burn.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #1438
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
What are you talking about?
If Damp averages X amount of minutes a game throughout the 09-10 season then he has an additional year guaranteed in his contract that pays $13m. Although, DB is now reporting that he has to play 30 mpg in 70 games for that to be the case, something that I was unaware of when posting that last night.

2 completely separate things:

1) Magic fans; Your GM pulled a quick one and managed to pry away Bass and Gortat all in one swoop. Congrats, that really is awesome for your team. Is it right? Not at all, but Otis did what he thought he had to do (I guess) to get/keep the pieces that he felt were needed.

That being said: Coming over here and just rubbing salt in the wound does nothing constructive at all. Props to you and your enthusiasm, but it really doesn't have much of a place here. I would hope that the members here aren't trolling on the Magic forums as well..

2) To be honest.. While typing "1" I forgot what "2" was.. Oh well, I would also like to know of the offer can be officially rescinded before it is officially matched. Then again, I don't see how that could really help the Mavs any more than it would actually help Orlando (unless a "never-gonna-happen" s&t has already been discussed).
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #1439
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"We still feel terrific about our team," Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. "This was an added plus. But we've got Erick Dampier, and he's more than filled that position for us in the past."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.4023c17.html

Ugh...

After reading that, this very-unsafe-for-work clip was all I could think of...

Not only do we lose Bass for nothing, but involving them in the deal to get Marion allowed them to keep Gortat...

If anyone here still honestly has any faith in the FO, please, enlighten me as to why. It seems like every GM in the league can't wait to screw Cubes and ding-dong Donnie. Even if there were an under-the-table agreement between Otis and the mavs "brain trust(???)", those deals are illegal in daylight and impossible to enforce. Cubes and Donnie are arrogant amateurs running my favorite basketball team. Perhaps some people feel that Donnie isn't the worst GM in the NBA; you may be right...

But Otis Smith is a better GM than Donnie today and he isn't exactly a rocket scientist...

This sucks.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #1440
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Perhaps this is a dumb question but if the paper work hasn't gone through then can't the Mavs rescind their offer?
All three parties involved have to agree to rescind the offer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?