Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #201
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Humphries 16-9-2-2 is an amazing stat line for only 21 minutes
FROM WIKIPEDIA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Humphries

His first success in sport came in competitive swimming, where he was the top 10 year old in the nation in 6 events, second only to a young Michael Phelps in the remaining events. Kris Humphries still holds the USS national record for the 50M freestyle for 10 and under boys, at age 12 he gave up swimming to pursue a promising career in basketball.

Humphries attended Hopkins High School, where he enjoyed an impressive basketball career. In 2002 he led them to a 25–2 record and its first state championship in 49 years.[1] He was subsequently named a 2003 McDonald's All-American and named Second Team All-USA by USA Today.[2] He was also named to the Super 25 Basketball Team by USA Today, named Mr. Basketball in the state of Minnesota, and state player of the year by the Minneapolis Star Tribune and College Basketball News.[2] He was one of 10 finalists for the 2003 Naismith Prep Player of the Year Award, averaging a double double in his final three seasons, averaging 25.7 points, 11.4 rebounds and 5.0 assists a game as a senior.[2]

Coming out of high school Humphries had accepted a scholarship offer to Duke University, but later reconsidered and attended the University of Minnesota instead. At Minnesota, Humphries was named 2004 Big Ten Freshman of the Year and was also named to the All-Big Ten First Team by the media and coaches. He was named Honorable Mention All-America by the Associated Press and by Rivals.com. He was the first freshman to lead the Big Ten in scoring and rebounding in the same season. He scored in double figures in all 29 games, with 16 point/rebound double-doubles on the season for Minnesota. He averaged 21.7 points and 10.1 rebounds (both tops in the Big Ten), while shooting .444 percent from the field and .742 from the line. On February 18, 2004 he set a school record with 36 points at Indiana. He also set a school record for most points by a freshman for a season with 629. He became the first Big Ten freshman to be named conference Player of the Week in two of the first three weeks of the season.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #202
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst0509 View Post
Mayo started last night IIRC. I believe Rudy Gay came off the bench though. Their rotations did seem kinda weird. I noticed at least two times during the game where all 5 Memphis players subbed out at the same time - first time I can ever remember seeing that in an NBA game.

I love the new HD screens, distractions and all. I sit in the nosebleeds so it's nice to have a good view of the action when I want it. My only major complaint - the stat board no longer has player names on it which is REALLY annoying. It took me more than half the game to figure out who was playing for Memphis because I'm too far away to read the back of their jerseys.

And I never thought I'd say it but so far I miss Humble too. Hopefully Rodney Blue will win the job - I could definitely listen to that guy.
A friend sitting next to me said he emailed cuban about the names not being on the board as well as the hustle-stats, etc. Cubes emailed him back in about 30 minutes saying he agrees and stay tuned. I expect they'll fix that. There is NO WAY you can watch a game without the currently in the game roster names present.

The guy last night did provide about a quarter of entertainment for myself and my buddy. The way he pronounced GASHole just cracked us up. So the rest of the night is was "That GASHole really flushed that one", etc. Very high enjoyment sophomoric humour. But fun.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #203
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
A friend sitting next to me said he emailed cuban about the names not being on the board as well as the hustle-stats, etc. Cubes emailed him back in about 30 minutes saying he agrees and stay tuned. I expect they'll fix that. There is NO WAY you can watch a game without the currently in the game roster names present.

The guy last night did provide about a quarter of entertainment for myself and my buddy. The way he pronounced GASHole just cracked us up. So the rest of the night is was "That GASHole really flushed that one", etc. Very high enjoyment sophomoric humour. But fun.
Great to hear - I twittered the same thing to Cuban when he asked for feedback about the new video displays but never heard any response from him.

And don't worry, you weren't the only one in the arena cracking up over the "Gas-Hole" pronunciation
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #204
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

saw this on realgm:
Quote:
Memphis native Shawne Williams is no longer with the Mavs even though he is under contract. The Mavs told Williams he is no longer welcome around the team because of his lack of maturity, professionalism and work ethic. Williams is in the last year of his rookie contract. Dallas is said to be holding onto his rights in case Williams can be used in a trade.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ast-grizzlies/

looking worse and worse for Jawai if the last sentence is true. He didn't play at all until now.

Last edited by mavErika; 10-12-2009 at 06:53 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #205
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I liked the tenacity Jet showed on defense last night.
He has been talking about defense a lot, maybe he plays decent D this year.
Who knows, anything is possible...

Btw Roddys dish made sports center top ten.

Also heres a couple more videos I found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AiEyw2NCgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLi_PEqsQFE

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 10-12-2009 at 07:43 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #206
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Btw Roddys dish made sports center top ten.
lol was just about to post that, sweet pass by Roddy. Already has his first sportcenter highlight . Almost like passing of the torch, first gets the pass from kidd and Bobo goes fancy nashty like to Dirk

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 10-12-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #207
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DONUT 2: Statistically speaking, it doesn’t get much better than this: At this moment, the Dallas Mavericks are the NBA team with the most points per game (114.0) and are also the NBA team committing the fewest turnovers (14.3). (Thanks, mavEricka!)

There is much more to winning than those two stats, of course. And it’s a small (three-game) preseason sample. But this is efficiency at work, Carlisle’s system meshing with the talents of Kidd (for sure) and maybe Marion, too.
Fish & mavEricka with the D-M/DB info loop...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-13-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #208
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Good job MavEricka.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll have the best offense in the league or no doubt top three. The defense is really the only issue at this point imo.

edit: Barring injuries which are a worry as well.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-13-2009 at 11:45 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #209
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Fish & mavEricka with the D-M/DB info loop...
haha, just saw that. I got my own donut, and I really like peanut butter together with chocolate, especially for breakfast.

So does that mean Fish is looking through little D-M.com for Donut ingredients? Anyhow, I'm glad I could help out.

Btw, Fish is now live with Brian Cuban talking Mavs right now:
http://www.briancuban.com/cuban-live/
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote