Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-15-2001, 08:51 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Nellie seems to be the most easy-going man in existance. Nothing seems to bother him that a beer cannot cure. But it must bother him on some level that Mark Cuban got 4 votes for NBA Executive of the Year and Nellie received 0 votes. I can't imagine that it will affect their working relationship, but it must hurt on a professional level.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2001, 11:01 PM   #2
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

nellie is above that
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 11:04 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

erub, why you say that? Finley is jealous of Dirk if you read the posts here. Oh but wait, Fin is a lesser man and only thinks about himself. I forgot where I was posting. Sorry--didn't meant to attack you.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:51 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

wow, i like how when everything has died down mavsfinleyfan insists on trying to fan the fire
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

No, she's just bringing alot humor to these stupidly boring Fin/Dirk debates. Thanks MavsFan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 09:00 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm glad that no one asked for your opinion. luckily for you, it's an open forum.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:19 AM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Rob - What do YOU want from the forum. These snide comments all the time are getting old. Say what you want but mavsfinleyfan is NOT contibuting to the discussion.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:32 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

IT'S THE SAME FREAKING DISCUSSION ALL THE TIME!!!

Personally, i get sick of reading it all, so i put in snide comment, and i'm sure rob may, too.

but, on the other hand, mavsfanfinley's sarcastic posts are getting kind of old. Finley and Dirk are our stars. They are not good players. they are great players. both of them. that's a fact.

their games are so different, but they both bring so much to the table. but they both have weaknesses.

if you guys want to have 18 kajillion threads repating the dirk/fin debate, go ahead. i think it's pointless.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:35 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

your opinion is noted,
personally, i think dirk will be the bigger star, what do you think big boy?
Old 05-16-2001, 09:43 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

honestly, dirk is one of my favorite players (along with Laettner). I see nothing but up for him. I do see 25 ppg in the future. I see an MVP. i see him getting better every year. he's only 22! So in my mind, i see him being a HUGE star.

but right now? he's a great player. he and finley compliment each other so well.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:50 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

i can see that possibility.
but i'd rather focus on things that need to be done to help the mavs next year.
what does dirk need to do, what does finley need to do, what do the mavs need to do, etc...
but i get sucked in, i can't see why some people cannot see his up-side that he has?
he's only freaking 22.
i truthfully think that this off season, dirk will progress as much or more than he did in either of the past two off seasons.
he will be a monster in the NBA
finley's an all-star, and he'll get back there a couple of more times at least, probably.
enjoy it, the mavs haven't been this good in a long time
Old 05-16-2001, 09:54 AM   #12
MFFL
Guru

BBL - Don't take this wrong. I'm NOT trying to be rude or snide. But what the hell are we supposed to talk about? There's no more games this season, so you talk about ways to improve the team. The draft and free agency are a long way off and a lot of moves will be made so it is usless to speculate. That leaves us talking about internal improvement of the team. Of all the players on the team, only 3 are worth discussing. The rest are either bit players or developing players. Dirk/Finley is the most interesting because it involves the roles of our two best players. If you don't like that discussion, start another. I started this one about Nellie/Cuban just for fun and mavsfanfinley posted her waste of bandwidth.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:59 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

i know
why complain about people talking about dirk and fin in a thread in which people aren't really talking about dirk and fin?
what do you do when you do that? you start up a conversation about dirk and fin
Old 05-16-2001, 10:00 AM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Right, MFFL, but i'm sick of reading the SAME THINGS over and over again. i'm acually with murph on this. concentrate on what they need to do to get better. i'm not trying to tell you how to post, but a lot of this stuff is just repitition.

i actually like the fact that we can even have an argument over who our stars are, and i'll be more than happy to contribute to discussions (i don't have the time that murph and thekid do, though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ). if they were threads about bradley's shoe size, and people kept posting the same things, i'd get fed up. and yes, Mavsfanfinley brought this thread off-topic in an attempt to start something (or so it seems).

so, back to topic.

nellie is our GM. he had way more to do with our breakout than cuban. cuban brought in fans, but nellie built the team. he should have gotten votes, especially more than cuban.
Old 05-16-2001, 10:16 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

nellie won't get jealous, he's good enough at creating spotlight for himself, much like finley creating his own shots

both cuban and nellie were instrumental in getting the mavs back on the right track.
nellie has done a tremendous job, not a perfect job, but he has done a tremendous job and should be recognized for it
Old 05-16-2001, 05:08 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. It's ok when one of you brings humor to the table but not for others? Whatever.

What are we suppose to talk about? Well, there should be something else besides who's better Dirk or Fin? It's so freaking old already. I must have read some of the posts wrong too. There was no talk at all about trading Finley for Houston? Only when someone pointed it out, did some of you backtrack and say we wouldn't trade Fin unless it's a player like Shaq.

Remind me again--there's been no posts about Finley being jealous of watching Dirk take over the team? How Finley passes the ball, when he's not ball-hogging it, only to Howard.

I have made how many sarcastic posts?