Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #81
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm pretty much assuming that everyone's point and rebound stats will take a hit this season with Marion's addition to the team.
I don't know about everyone. Keep in mind some of Marion's production will come from PF, essentially replacing Bass' production.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't know about everyone. Keep in mind some of Marion's production will come from PF, essentially replacing Bass' production.
There are only so many possessions, rebounds, points to be had...Marion's production (I'm assuming and hoping) and minutes will be far more than Bass.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

From Fish...

Quote:
13. A source close to the Mavs tells me that if the Clippers are in "sale" mode in December, he thinks Camby is a more likely target for the Mavs than Kaman, because Camby's contract is much more favorable, and because the Mavs have been leery of Kaman's medical issues.

Of added relevance, even though Camby would be an expiring contract, the Mavs would get him with full Bird rights intact; that means they could sign him to a new deal in the summer at any mutually agreeable amount, without having to use any of their annual cap exceptions or 2010 trade assets to do so, or could perhaps include him as an asset as part of a sign-and-trade.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #84
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

We need to root against the Clippers every game they play, not that we would really root for them anyway.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #85
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to dig this thread up again after so long, just thought some of you might be interested in this e-mail I got from "the EVP of Technology and Operations for the NBA" (what a mouthful!). I e-mailed Mark Cuban about the crappy quality of League Pass Broadband, and he forwarded my e-mail to this guy. Interesting bits bolded.

Quote:
I am the EVP of Technology and Operations for the NBA, Mark Cuban forwarded
your e-mail regarding your difficulty with League Pass Broadband.

I have investigated your complaints.

NBA League Pass Broadband has had 7 feed assignment errors out of the 200+
games streamed in the package that resulted in delayed game starts on
League Pass. Unfortunately for Mavs fans, 3 of the instances were Mavs
games out of the 8 Mavs games that have been on NBA League Pass Broadband.

As you know, the issues happened on these dates: DAL/LAC on 10/31, DAL/SAC
on 11/20 and DAL/CLE on 11/28.

NBA Digital is making a change in operational procedure to assure prompt
resolution of technical issues that may delay the start of games to keep
this from happening the future.

NBA Digital has made substantial investment in a network that assures the
highest quality video for encoding and state of the art streaming
technology for League Pass Broadband. Basketball makes great demands on
streaming media with its high motion and our encoding and streaming
technology must meet the challenge. The product has also been substantially
improved this year with in game DVR capability.

Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a fan of the NBA and the
MAVS, and we will do our level best to improve the service. There is no
excuse for missing the start of a game, as you point out in your memo.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you experience any further
difficulty.

Best,

Steve
So it seems like we (and by "we" I mean those of us schmucks who actually paid for LPB :P ) were "unfortunately" on the receiving end of almost half of the technical glitches so far this season... I feel like there have been more than 3, but whatever. At least it sounds like they're trying to fix the problem.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #86
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://www.nba.com/video/mavericks/

Marion interview at practice. You can see him miss a lay-up at the beginning

I like how he said they need to attack the basket more, hope they actually start doing that.

There is a statement near the end that kinda disturbs me, I'm sure you can spot it

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
http://www.nba.com/video/mavericks/

Marion interview at practice. You can see him miss a lay-up at the beginning

I like how he said they need to attack the basket more, hope they actually start doing that.

There is a statement near the end that kinda disturbs me, I'm sure you can spot it

Yeah, and that is such a horse shit statement."We need to attack the basket more". They always say that and NO ONE does it. We don't have anyone who can do it successfully with any consistency.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #88
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yeah, and that is such a horse shit statement."We need to attack the basket more". They always say that and NO ONE does it. We don't have anyone who can do it successfully with any consistency.
except of course the big german, i think we can all agree he gets to the free throw line. In addition, JHo is our second best guy at getting to the line. Once he comes back I think we'll see a dramatic increase in foul shots taken, as long as he uses his new-found health to get to the basket, an ability he's shown in the past, instead of relying on his jump shot.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 12-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #89
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
except of course the big german, i think we can all agree he gets to the free throw line. In addition, JHo is our second best guy at getting to the line. Once he comes back I think we'll see a dramatic increase in foul shots taken, as long as he uses his new-found health to get to the basket, an ability he's shown in the past, instead of relying on his jump shot.

I'm talking about a guard or small forward such as Joe Johnson who can get to the bucket with his dribbling and finish or get to the FT line and/or make solid passes when the help comes. Dirk doesn't do this, he can't burn past people or cross them up, it's not a knock he's just not a guard.

I think Jho will come back and take it to the hoop but I'm not sure it will last. Also, even if he is relentless at attacking the rim, he isn't a great passer when the help comes. He tends to take those crazy shots because he commits to doing so pretty early, I think he decides he is going to go strong if he can get by his man and he is commited regardless of the help that comes.

I have been a fan of Josh but I think we are gonna need a guy with that specific skillset and wouldn't hate to see he or JET moved to bring that in.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #90
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

dude, Marion missed both of those layups....every time I get to watch the Mavs on T.V. it amazes how many chip shots he misses.. pathetic
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #91
SMC0007
Guru

Yeah, other than Marions defense and decent play around the rim with putbacks and offensive board activity, I have been more impressed with Tim Thomas. More impressed with Tim Thomas.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #92
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm talking about a guard or small forward such as Joe Johnson who can get to the bucket with his dribbling and finish or get to the FT line and/or make solid passes when the help comes. Dirk doesn't do this, he can't burn past people or cross them up, it's not a knock he's just not a guard.

I think Jho will come back and take it to the hoop but I'm not sure it will last. Also, even if he is relentless at attacking the rim, he isn't a great passer when the help comes. He tends to take those crazy shots because he commits to doing so pretty early, I think he decides he is going to go strong if he can get by his man and he is commited regardless of the help that comes.

I have been a fan of Josh but I think we are gonna need a guy with that specific skillset and wouldn't hate to see he or JET moved to bring that in.
I will agree with you that Dirk doesn't blow by people, but I would disagree that he is not a good passer when help defense comes. I think Dirk is one of the best passers out of double teams in the game.

I'm of the same opinion of Josh, I'm optimistic because he has the physical tools to be an incredible asset for us. It really depends on his attitude, which if you can base it on last year's playoffs I think is VASTLY improved.

Personally, I would rather move Jet. I know almost every mavs fan is a Jet homer, but personally I think that he has proven FAR too inconsistent, and has a tendency to melt in recent playoffs. Yes, he hits game winners here and there and will have huge nights, and on average shoot a good percentage, but i feel as if he tends to disappear on big stages.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #93
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I will agree with you that Dirk doesn't blow by people, but I would disagree that he is not a good passer when help defense comes. I think Dirk is one of the best passers out of double teams in the game.

I'm of the same opinion of Josh, I'm optimistic because he has the physical tools to be an incredible asset for us. It really depends on his attitude, which if you can base it on last year's playoffs I think is VASTLY improved.

Personally, I would rather move Jet. I know almost every mavs fan is a Jet homer, but personally I think that he has proven FAR too inconsistent, and has a tendency to melt in recent playoffs. Yes, he hits game winners here and there and will have huge nights, and on average shoot a good percentage, but i feel as if he tends to disappear on big stages.

I didn't mean to say Dirk isn't a good passer. He has become a good passer over the years.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #94
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have been more impressed with Tim Thomas. More impressed with Tim Thomas.
Should we say everything twice? Should we say everything twice?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #95
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We have to be so deep and good that we dont depend on Terry in the "do or die" way like we had to in the last 1-2 years.

Hopefully with the Big5 and sparks from Gooden/Barea/Thomas Terry can has his usual off nights and also stop chucking then and call it a night.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #96
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
We have to be so deep and good that we dont depend on Terry in the "do or die" way like we had to in the last 1-2 years.

Hopefully with the Big5 and sparks from Gooden/Barea/Thomas Terry can has his usual off nights and also stop chucking then and call it a night.
Unless he is absolutely on fire, I would prefer that terry not get more than 12-13 shots a night. But if we had a good, solid starting 2, we could move Howard to the 6th man role. I would say move Marion to the bench, but we need an offensive punch off the bench, and I think we've all seen Marion is a lot of things, but a go to scorer he is not.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #97
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Sorry to dig this thread up again after so long, just thought some of you might be interested in this e-mail I got from "the EVP of Technology and Operations for the NBA" (what a mouthful!). I e-mailed Mark Cuban about the crappy quality of League Pass Broadband, and he forwarded my e-mail to this guy. Interesting bits bolded.

So it seems like we (and by "we" I mean those of us schmucks who actually paid for LPB :P ) were "unfortunately" on the receiving end of almost half of the technical glitches so far this season... I feel like there have been more than 3, but whatever. At least it sounds like they're trying to fix the problem.
Stern hates us

But I demanded a refund and they refunded me my 100 dollars. It just sucks that their service is so poor that illegal feeds are more reliable than a "professional" service with the NBA name/logo attached.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thread boycott, thread fail