Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-24-2008, 10:15 AM   #81
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

That's actually a chain and its pretty good. Everytime I go for sushi in Plano, I go to Osaka's on Preston/Park. Haven't been there in a couple years however, so I don't know how the food is anymore.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #82
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
This is a site for DALLAS Mavericks fans - the less you talk about Houston, the better (because you're not convincing anyone around here that Houston is better than Dallas...)

Probably not. Friendly rivalry. I love my DFW people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
In Plano, there's a really nice sushi place: Sushi Awaji at like Park and Ohio. Really good food (I recommend the BB roll), not too expensive, and awesome ice cream (I recommend plum).

Dang it I'm hungry now.
I'm going to have to check it out next time I visit Plano.

The only place I get sushi at in Arlington is around this Chinese buffet. It is decent, but could be better.

The only thing I don't like about sushi is the price.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 06-24-2008 at 10:32 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #83
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
The only thing I don't like about sushi is the price.
And that's probably one thing Houston has over Dallas - the farther you are from the coast, the more seafood costs (especially with the cost of shipping rising...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
That's actually a chain and its pretty good. Everytime I go for sushi in Plano, I go to Osaka's on Preston/Park. Haven't been there in a couple years however, so I don't know how the food is anymore.
If you want to do sushi kinda different there is a place on greenville that has a revolving sushi bar. You buy like 5 dishes or so and the sushi comes by on a revolving track. You pick what you want as it goes by.

Different for sure.

Tokyo No Hana Restaurant
100% like it
Local (214) 987-2333

7525 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75231
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #85
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
If you want to do sushi kinda different there is a place on greenville that has a revolving sushi bar. You buy like 5 dishes or so and the sushi comes by on a revolving track. You pick what you want as it goes by.

Different for sure.

Tokyo No Hana Restaurant
100% like it
Local (214) 987-2333

7525 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75231
What kind of price range? (since sushi prices vary a lot more in Dallas than other places...)

If the food is good, then the gimmick of the revolving sushi bar should be enough get the old lady off my back about "taking her somewhere interesting to eat"...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-24-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #86
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

Different for sure.

Tokyo No Hana Restaurant
100% like it
Local (214) 987-2333

7525 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75231
We actually had a place like this in Houston in Chinatown. It was neat. You sit down in your little booth, and the sushi keeps rolling through and you take your pick.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #87
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

If you are ever in LA, you need to go to "Chomp" on Thursday night. I guarantee you haven't experienced anything like it.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 06-24-2008 at 02:48 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #88
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

If you want sushi in bulk, just hit up Osaka like alby said, or Tokyo One.

Sometimes it's all about the buffet...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #89
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
What kind of price range? (since sushi prices vary a lot more in Dallas than other places...)

If the food is good, then the gimmick of the revolving sushi bar should be enough get the old lady off my back about "taking her somewhere interesting to eat"...

the lunch "special" is 11bucks for 5 plates of sushi/sashimi/others, miso soup and a salad.

Kind of pricey as most sushi is.

Individual plates is a $1.50, 2 sashimis, 3 rolls for example.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-25-2008 at 03:10 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #90
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty decent...you don't want cheap sushi anyways...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #91
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Bump.... just re-read this... still need to check out those dumplings at Jeng Chi Bakery.

but what's a good place for live bands?
something like houston's engine room, if you are familiar.