Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2002, 10:26 PM   #121
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

122-95.

ok, who's gonna be the first to bitch about this win.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:27 PM   #122
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Nice win by the Mavs! Too bad there were injuries...Hopefully, Dirk will be back soon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:29 PM   #123
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< Congrats to NP for a good call on this game. >>

cheers
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:29 PM   #124
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

TV is about to give an update on Dirk...will let everyone know if it's any real info...
Old 12-10-2002, 10:32 PM   #125
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Rockets won!!

It seems that SAC hasn´t an Eddie who can stop Yao.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:35 PM   #126
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< Bradley
LaFrentz - Jones
Bell
Finley - NVE
Nash - Johnson
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Yikes, I don't wanna think about that. If Bradley and LaFrentz can stay out of foul trouble, we could have a chance I guess.

Damn injuries.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:36 PM   #127
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Nope..TV has no news info...just one of their &quot;teases&quot;. Jerkoffs.

I can't wait to see what our lineup is against SA. I heard that Vince Carter is out again. This is a very weird year for injuries. UD is right..it must have some connection to our foreign policy. LMAO.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:36 PM   #128
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

<< Rockets won!!

It seems that SAC hasn´t an Eddie who can stop Yao.
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

B4 that game Sac had won 15 of last 17...Nice to see Mavs pick up a game on the competition.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:36 PM   #129
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< TV is about to give an update on Dirk...will let everyone know if it's any real info... >>

No news yet
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:20 PM   #130
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

This from the Mavs official site:

Dirk Nowitzki left with a right ankle sprain in the first quarter but X-rays were negative.

Old 12-10-2002, 11:20 PM   #131
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Popeye (of all people) was interviewed after the game and said that Dirk was in good spirits and there had been very little swelling. Also that Dirk wanted to get taped heavily and play against SA.

I'm taking that with a huge grain of salt. Guess we'll just have to wait for any real news. Sorry, but that's all I've heard.

Edit: I hope that he sits too, KG. The rest of the guys can do the job and I'd rather see a healthy player out there. Just wondering who's healthy ! I haven't heard anything on Griff yet.

Old 12-10-2002, 11:21 PM   #132
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

OP, I also heard on the radio that Dirk didn't have heavy swelling and hoped to play against SA.

I hope he sits it out. No reason to risk it.

Old 12-11-2002, 12:09 AM   #133
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< 103-79...Nellie calls a time out. Playing just like the Lakers game...slow it down...don't be aggressive...get into turnovers and missed shots...I HATE this... >>

Actually nellie called a timeout to tell the team to NOT slow it down. Team handed it well tonight, played good d, bradley was strong. Popeye was really pooped out there, he's not used to playing so much.

Raef, stevie, mike got some real good rest...Very nice game, they put their foot on the clippers throat and never let them up. Nice job.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 12:13 AM   #134
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< I hope he sits it out. No reason to risk it. >>

Exactly.

I'd rather take the chance of losing to SA instead of having Dirk try to make a go of it when he should be resting it for a couple of days, at least.

It won't be easy without Dirk, but we have a fairly favorable schedule after the SA game.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:13 AM   #135
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< MFF - They also said partially dislocated shoulder on the radio. Sounds like missed time to me. With all the injuries, Dallas could be forced to field this lineup tomorrow night:

Bradley
LaFrentz - Jones
Bell
Finley - NVE
Nash - Johnson

That's getting pretty thin.

The list of the injured...

Dirk - ankle
Williams - elbow
Najera - knee
Griffin - shoulder
>>

Sounds right. Griffin might play. I can't remember if he is left or right, but it looked like his right. Dirk will be out I feel, he was carried of and sat there quite a while. Unfortunately Jones I think will be pretty pooped. Nick did a pretty good job of coasting while playing tonight. Stevie, Nick, Mike will play some big minutes tommorrow. It will be very tough because raef/popeye/bradley are IT for folks above 6'7&quot;. Finley will HAVE to play big(and I mean big rebounding) tommorrow.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 12:19 AM   #136
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< they put their foot on the clippers throat and never let them up. Nice job. >>

This is what they need to do every game; it´s a change of mentality from the last two years. They need to practice to get used to &quot;never let them up&quot;. Of course they can´t win every game but if they have a 20, 30 or 40 points lead, they have to fight till the last minute to keep or increase the lead and never be in a hurry at the end, or worse, lose the game. It´s a good way to get the championship. Good game tonight. They are going to be in good shape tomorrow and with good chance to win Spurs.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:21 AM   #137
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Agreed Dude...we were drifting before that time out. I am VERY happy to see that we got back into our game. You can really spread the props around tonight...everyone helped to put another game between us and the Kings &amp; Lakers.

FYI - 42 points in the 2nd quarter was a record.