Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 AM   #281
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Ya'll are hilarious. Can't control what the Mods do man.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #282
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I had Chick-fil-A for lunch today. It was delicious.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #283
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Wow. What part of that said "prick" to you?

I'm genuinely curious as to why he thinks Terry is a better defender this year.
No you're not. You're just looking for an argument.

Quote:
Nothing about my post was remotely rude. Typical DM.com, you have a dissenting opinion from one of the "favorites", and you get blacklisted.
Boo hoo. Cry me a river. Nobody wants to hear the "I'm just a martyr" nonsense.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #284
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Dude stop getting so defensive. It only makes things worse. You have been unkind to other members. Not a good habit to get into. Stick with knowledge and stay away from the insults.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #285
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
No you're not. You're just looking for an argument.

Boo hoo. Cry me a river. Nobody wants to hear the "I'm just a martyr" nonsense.
Oh, I didn't realize you knew what I was thinking. What other psychic powers do you have? Do you really think disagreeing that Terry's improved on defense this year is such an outlandish claim? How the f*** am I looking for an argument by politely asking a fellow member why he thinks Terry has improved on defense, when I and the stats disagree? WTF is that? You can't ask someone to back up their assertions now? Seriously?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #286
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Oh, I didn't realize you knew what I was thinking. What other psychic powers do you have? Do you really think disagreeing that Terry's improved on defense this year is such an outlandish claim? How the f*** am I looking for an argument by politely asking a fellow member why he thinks Terry has improved on defense, when I and the stats disagree? WTF is that? You can't ask someone to back up their assertions now? Seriously?
It's the way you word it. Insulting their intelligence type of response. I actually agree with most things you say though when it comes to basketball.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #287
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe you should consider why people don't want to discuss things with you. BTW, it's not because of your brilliant intellect.

Also, FWIW, the on-court/off court stat you quoted proves very little about Terry's individual defense, one way or the other.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #288
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Btw Kidd is just as bad on defense as Terry is these days. We need a defensive guard and a defensive center while not giving up too much offense to be back where we were. I also think Marion is becoming too much a liability on offense lately with no jumpshot and his defense has slipped.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #289
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Maybe you should consider why people don't want to discuss things with you. BTW, it's not because of your brilliant intellect.

Also, FWIW, the on-court/off court stat you quoted proves very little about Terry's individual defense, one way or the other.
Actually, it does.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #290
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to say "I rest my case."
Old 02-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #291
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

shouldn't have stopped watching...after being down thru first few mins of the 4th, i couldn't help but feel hopeless once again...but i lost faith and i shouldn't have. would've loved to see JET light it up the way he did and very proud of josh and gooden and of course kidd wit those two steals and diff contributions. either way, we needed this badly. its a place we seem to hate to play at, and with this current streak of horrible games, i hope this gets our heads out of our a$$es. great W, here's some very very long awaited +rep for ya'll

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #292
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Btw Kidd is just as bad on defense as Terry is these days. We need a defensive guard and a defensive center while not giving up too much offense to be back where we were. I also think Marion is becoming too much a liability on offense lately with no jumpshot and his defense has slipped.
I concur...well...not quite, but Kidd's defense has reneged quite a bit lately. He's really bad about closing out on shooters and not getting a hand up. Also, he traps/doubles gratuitously at times. And of course quick guards give him trouble. Still, he has great hands, and guards bigger guys very well. If we had a guy (like Iggy) it would alleviate that issue a lot. I Roddy develops into a guy that can guard quick PG's, then that would allow Kidd to stay on bigger wings, because Terry and JJB can't guard quick guards either (for different reasons).
Old 02-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #293
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Kind of like "Terry has improved on defense...that's all I'm going to say"?

And if you have the audacity to ask why, you're on thin ice.

Double standards are cool!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #294
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That line can be tacked onto bare assertions, but it works even better on weak, generic remarks such as "We need to play better defense".
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #295
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kinda worried that we will win the next game and Cuban will become content over all-star break to not do anything, and then we'll just go back to how we were playing the last couple weeks.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #296
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I'm kinda worried that we will win the next game and Cuban will become content over all-star break to not do anything, and then we'll just go back to how we were playing the last couple weeks.
The Mavs have played about three good quarters in the last six games. If losing to Minny at home won't spark a trade, nothing will.

The Mavs need to win the next game for the sake of playoff positioning. The odds aren't great, but that shouldn't comfort you.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #297
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't worry to much. We just beat the WArriors not the la-celti-cavs. It would surprise a hell of a lot of people if we managed a win tonight. Cubans gonna do what Cubans gonna do and these two games most likely won't have an effect on it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #298
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Actually, it does.
It does demonstrate that the TEAM is not as good defensively when Terry's on the court, but that's something most people could have told you if they watch the Mavs on a regular basis. Then again, no one claimed that Terry is a good defender. The only claim made was that Terry is "markedly improved" on defense, even though he is still "below average". The stat you cited (on-court/off-court) doesn't speak to whether Terry's defense has improved or not. In fact, it makes no comparison to Terry's defense in the past at all.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #299
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I saw how he fell. I wasn't saying that's only due to fatigue. Definitely not. But IMO if had more rest, he would be even more explosive and Gooden wouldn't even had a chance to touch him, respectively to irritate him.
That's some pretty creative Nellie hate.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #300
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well are you happy fluid.forty.one? ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!!
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
did we win?, gdt 09/10, pow!pow!