Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough
Default This Goes Out To Everybody....

I Dont understand Some of You guys on here..when the trade was made and i said it made us 3x better people laughed and said.."we still cant compete with the lakers or the nuggets and this and that!! And as a diehard mavs fan i believed and believed and after 2 impressive wins against a playoff contender in phoenix and an NBA FINALS TEAM IN ORLANDO.. Im 150% sure we can compete with Anyone.thats what makes the sport of basketball great.

-upsets happen all the time, nobody expected the 76ers to beat the spurs tonight..nobody expected the nuggets to lose to the wizards or the cavs to lose to the bobcats!! Thats why theres cinderella teams like george mason university who people dont even know what state the college is in unless they google it. nobody expects the 8th seed warriors to beat the no.1 seed mavs a fews years back. the majority of people thought the finals was locked up and the parade was set when up 2-0 against the heat only to be let down.thats what makes the sport of basketball what it is.

-and as a mavs fan if u dont believe that we can compete with anybody in the league after these 2 impressive wins, then your truely not a mavs fan!!

Mavs Fever is Back!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

=\

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #3
accsuperstar

accsuperstar has a spectacular aura aboutaccsuperstar has a spectacular aura aboutaccsuperstar has a spectacular aura about

it's the regular season dude
accsuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
Mavs Fever is Back!!
Catch it, spread it.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Getting a little carried away I see. We'll see in a couple months.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Getting a little carried away I see. We'll see in a couple months.
Its The Second half of the Season. this is when every win counts. this is when u start to look at the seeding and possible playoff match ups..you dont wanna go on a 5 game losing streak or start slumping right now.u can easily drop from a 2-3 seed to a 7-8 seed and a date in the 1st round with the lakers,nuggets or whoever.especially in the westernconference where the 3-8 seeds are pretty much a game or 2 apart. you dont wanna look back and be like damn i wish we coulda got that win. i know i might be getting carried away but what theres only 28 games left? which seem like alot but with all these back to back games the playoffs will be here tomarow!! im jus saying with these 2 victories this might possibly be where we look back at the end of the year and say that was the turning point of the season.

GO MAVS!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
I Dont understand Some of You guys on here..when the trade was made and i said it made us 3x better people laughed and said.."we still cant compete with the lakers or the nuggets and this and that!! And as a diehard mavs fan i believed and believed and after 2 impressive wins against a playoff contender in phoenix and an NBA FINALS TEAM IN ORLANDO.. Im 150% sure we can compete with Anyone.thats what makes the sport of basketball great.

-upsets happen all the time, nobody expected the 76ers to beat the spurs tonight..nobody expected the nuggets to lose to the wizards or the cavs to lose to the bobcats!! Thats why theres cinderella teams like george mason university who people dont even know what state the college is in unless they google it. nobody expects the 8th seed warriors to beat the no.1 seed mavs a fews years back. the majority of people thought the finals was locked up and the parade was set when up 2-0 against the heat only to be let down.thats what makes the sport of basketball what it is.

-and as a mavs fan if u dont believe that we can compete with anybody in the league after these 2 impressive wins, then your truely not a mavs fan!!

Mavs Fever is Back!!

BRING IT!

GO MAVS

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I like the enthusiasm. GO MAVS!!
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Exactly. Believe

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by accsuperstar View Post
it's the regular season dude
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Win a few more in a row and I'll be a believer. Although who am I kidding, I already am. Can't help it. This team could have lost 10 straight and I'd still believe...

Last edited by tcat075; 02-20-2010 at 05:23 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

He's 150% sure. I best call up my bookie.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be afraid to be a fan.

Beating 2 playoff teams on the road with new players who have yet to have a full practice is impressive.

Being able to shut down Orlando for a 19-0 run is impressive.

Having a center who can catch and finish, and play Dwight Howard with just 3 fouls is just not Mav like. When Damp returns for 15 or 20 minutes a night, the D will be even better.

Now if there was just some way to get Roddy ready to take all of JJB's minutes by the playoffs, I'd be willing to say we're good enough to challenge anybody. The only downside I see so far is Kidd having to play 40 minutes. Solve that, and we're set.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #14
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

I agree! I believe in the number 41!! Let's GO MAVS!
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

God damnit. I though it was WW III.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs can't beat the Lakers. Guess I'm not a real fan.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #17
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The Mavs can't beat the Lakers.
They already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson* View Post
But bro, that was without gasol!
But we didn't have Butler or Haywood then either. Our team has improved a lot. Plus who says someone can't get hurt again on the Lakers . You did say that we "cant" beat the Lakers, not that we won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson* View Post
Ok badfish, maybe we can beat them one game. But no way in a whole series! I mean get real brah!
It would be hard, spiral. But bigger upsets have happened. We could get hot at the right time and with a tough, dedicated, veteran group like the Mavs we could have a shot.
Plus its never easy to repeat.

* some answers by spiral are simulated because Badfish didn't want to wait for the whole argument to play out

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #18
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Can the Mavs beat the Nuggets, Lakers and Cavs in a 7 game series? It is definitely possible but you can't really say that based on the last two games. How they play against the Lakers next week would be a much more significant. Regardless, no matter how good you are, you can always get better and I am sure the front office is looking to add another piece before the playoffs.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
* some answers by spiral are simulated because Badfish didn't want to wait for the whole argument to play out
I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Please don't do it again, because I go out of my way to make sure my responses are never as simplistic and pedestrian as the ones you just attached to me.

Yeah, we beat the Lakers once at the beginning of the season. Then I seem to remember them beating our asses by, what was it, 40 points? Which by the way, was also without Gasol for all but 7 minutes, bro.

Yeah upsets happen, but generally speaking, the better team wins. And the Lakers are the better team by a significant margin. Can't, won't, what's the difference? So let me put it this way;

The Mavs ain't gonna beat the Lakers.

Not no way, not no how.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-20-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, we beat the Lakers once at the beginning of the season. Then I seem to remember them beating our asses by, what was it, 40 points? Which by the way, was also without Gasol for all but 7 minutes, bro.
Both huge losses to Denver and LA happened when we played zero centers the entire game. It started to unfold again when Haywood sat on the bench with two fouls last game in Orlando.

Don't take that weak sh!t into account, please.

Edit: By "weak sh!t" I mean the piss poor defense in those games.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-20-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Both huge losses to Denver and LA happened when we played zero centers the entire game. It started to unfold again when Haywood sat on the bench with two fouls last game in Orlando.

Don't take that weak sh!t into account, please.

Edit: By "weak sh!t" I mean the piss poor defense in those games.
That's a fair point, but I just think it's funny that people use the victory we had in LA in October is some sort of definitive proof that we can beat them. "We already beat the Lakers!" they say. Whoopty doo.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #22
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Well you should expect the Lakers and every team we play until we get Damp back to pound the ball inside and drive to the the rim to try to get Haywood in foul trouble. Even though Haywood is a smart player, we are going to be on the refs hands, and that's never good if you're a Mavs fan.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not even focused on the lakers. odds are we won't even meet them in the playoffs. i just hope we continue to improve and work on a win streak
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
i'm not even focused on the lakers. odds are we won't even meet them in the playoffs. i just hope we continue to improve and work on a win streak
Amen.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #25
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. Please don't do it again, because I go out of my way to make sure my responses are never as simplistic and pedestrian as the ones you just attached to me.
lmao. Alright, dlord. It was a joke, I know you don't actually talk like that.

I think this team is different then the one from a couple months ago. Not just from the obvious talent perspective but from the emotional lift they have been given. I just hate when people make it to seem like LA is some invincible super team thats perfect in every way. They have faults. Sure they are the clear favorites, and someone would be crazy to bet against them in any western playoff match, but they can be upset.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I'm more interested in meeting and beating the Nuggets in the playoffs. That would make for a VERY successful season imo.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like we can beat the Nuggets and Lakers in the playoffs if we click on all cylinders, Damp gets healthy and everyone else stays healthy. This team has a lot of potential.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #28
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on! I'm coming!

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 02-20-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: super wrong thread.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #29
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Lame thread. I'm optimistic, but it's just two games. As for the "I told you so" attitude of the post, I think we were all excited about this trade. So don't take credit for it.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #30
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The Mavs can't beat the Lakers. Guess I'm not a real fan.
No one can when the lakers are healthy. Everyone is playing for second place to be honest. That is how good they are.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #31
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
No one can when the lakers are healthy. Everyone is playing for second place to be honest. That is how good they are.
The Lakers are not a perfect team, and I wish people would quit acting like they are. They're beatable, even if you think the Mavs are more beatable.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #32
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Screw the lakers and screw the nuggets. F'em. Let's lace 'em up and go at it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
look at me, mrs. cleo ftw, that's what she said, thread diarrhea