Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation.
Are you sure our slump had more to do with our 9th-best player not being in the starting lineup than it did with our "#2 guy" Josh Howard deciding to throw a hissy fit because his name was being floated in trade rumors?

Think before you hit the "reply" button...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #42
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While this team had a terrible slump once Beaubois was taken out of the rotation.
I am wearing a black t-shirt today. I have not been attacked by a bear today. Therefore, black t-shirts repel bears.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #43
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I am wearing a black t-shirt today. I have not been attacked by a bear today. Therefore, black t-shirts repel bears.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-21-2010 at 02:39 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #44
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

What's with the smart-ass comments? Seriously what have I done that deserved all this scrutiny? I'm saying pretty much the same thing everyone else has said that Barea has been awful. Some of you really didn't notice the big dropoff when Beaubois was taken out of the rotation for Barea or Howard? Anyways, I've had to keep repeating myself and this is getting old for some of you to understand what I'm saying. When a coach makes the same mistake over and over again, he deserves to be called an idiot imo. Or maybe stubborn. Either way it is very annoying to have a coach refuse to fix problems.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-21-2010 at 02:41 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #45
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Beaubois is an important player (as seen by Cuban's comments). To the point we might've hung onto Josh, given up on acquiring Caron and Haywood instead of give up Roddy, so it is perplexing given JJB's run of suckiness and JKidd's workload. Something must not be right with his game (yet) and we gotta wait for it to work out.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #46
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wish i could +rep you more sir....you are QUITE hilarious, must be that Austin humor ;-)

And Mavsfan1000, you have finally been ignored. I must say that I have NEVER seen a more ignorant poster in my entire life, on any forum basketball related or not. The worst part is, you actually watch the games, you just don't seem to actually understand them, haha.

I can also say that in your 1300+ posts, I have NEVER read one that even hinted at the remote possibility that you have any intelligence whatsoever. I think I could show my 15 year old sister a stat sheet from the past 10 games and she could come up with more intellectual quips and topics than you, and actually comprehend what she's seeing at the same time.

I wish you would just leave, permanently. I really do hate you (on these boards)...

To everyone else, I'm sorry if that seemed slightly strong, but I'm so sick of seeing the sh!t that gets spewed from the guys mouth that I'm having a mental breakdown over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #47
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...when did this thread go from the "Official I'm tired the Roddy whining" to the "Official let's make personal attacks at every single person who doesn't have my own opinion"? Settle down, guys.

Personally, I believe Roddy could help us cover up a lot of this team's problems. At this point in his career, he can't fix them...he's immature, undeveloped, proned to making mistakes...I know that. But like I said, he can help cover up and hide a few of our more glaring issues...defending small, quick guards, shooting the three ball, and energy (a fourth, depending on your opinion, could be JJB). It seems to make sense that if you have those weaknesses, and then you have this guy who can do some of those things well, that he should get played.

However, just because Roddy B doesn't get playing time doesn't mean Carlisle is a moron. It also doesn't mean that the team struggles just because Roddy doesn't play.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #48
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
What's with the smart-ass comments? Seriously what have I done that deserved all this scrutiny? I'm saying pretty much the same thing everyone else has said that Barea has been awful. Some of you really didn't notice the big dropoff when Beaubois was taken out of the rotation for Barea or Howard? Anyways, I've had to keep repeating myself and this is getting old for some of you to understand what I'm saying. When a coach makes the same mistake over and over again, he deserves to be called an idiot imo. Or maybe stubborn. Either way it is very annoying to have a coach refuse to fix problems.
Did you understand the purpose of this thread?

I think just about everyone on this board agrees Barea isn't really cutting it as our backup PG. I would guess over half of us agree Booby should be getting a chance to play over Barea... or at least play, some. The point is, when you post multiple times a day and almost all of your posts are this exact same shtick, it gets really f-ing old.. and you start to sound more and more like an idiot yourself as you exaggerate things to try to prove your point.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #49
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

I dont think it was so much roddy being taken out of rotation and more damp playing hurt and fairly ineffective.
That said - I can understand why a lot of people wonder why roddy cant see any playing time these days. 49% FG and 41% from 3 are excellent values for a guard... especially a rookie. Unless we have decided to trade him in the summer we need to get him some playing time or send him to the d-league if we want him to become our starting PG in a year or so... Kidd is only going to be here 15 or so more months....

Last edited by Lor20; 02-21-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #50
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
I wish i could +rep you more sir....you are QUITE hilarious, must be that Austin humor ;-)

And Mavsfan1000, you have finally been ignored. I must say that I have NEVER seen a more ignorant poster in my entire life, on any forum basketball related or not. The worst part is, you actually watch the games, you just don't seem to actually understand them, haha.

I can also say that in your 1300+ posts, I have NEVER read one that even hinted at the remote possibility that you have any intelligence whatsoever. I think I could show my 15 year old sister a stat sheet from the past 10 games and she could come up with more intellectual quips and topics than you, and actually comprehend what she's seeing at the same time.

I wish you would just leave, permanently. I really do hate you (on these boards)...

To everyone else, I'm sorry if that seemed slightly strong, but I'm so sick of seeing the sh!t that gets spewed from the guys mouth that I'm having a mental breakdown over here.
No one has proven anything to convince me I'm wrong on this. My main points were.
- Beaubois is better than Barea
- Beaubois was better than the Howard of 2009-2010 with us.
- We need more athletes on the team. Butler would benefit a ton from it as well if he could be moved to his natural position. (SF) But hey if you hate those comments, fine. I'm just not afraid to say the Emperor has no clothes on. And I hate the idea that others aren't allowed to say the same without getting attacked here.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #51
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No one has proven anything to convince me I'm wrong on this. My main points were.
- Beaubois is better than Barea
- Beaubois was better than the Howard of 2009-2010 with us.
- We need more athletes on the team. Butler would benefit a ton from it as well if he could be moved to his natural position. (SF) But hey if you hate those comments, fine. I'm just not afraid to say the Emperor has no clothes on. And I hate the idea that others aren't allowed to say the same without getting attacked here.

well, being as I can't find the ignore feature, given my own stupidity, I will respond once more to what seems like a hopeless cause.

It is not necessarily your ideas that are 100% of the problem. Its the way in which you say things. You are allowed to have your own opinion, I welcome it. But when your opinion contradicts common basketball knowledge, your opinion gets reduced to stupidity in my book.

Let me give you an example. Saying we should fire Carlisle is F!cking STUPID!!! Any moron that knows anything about basketball knows RC is a proven, GREAT coach and one of the greatest basketball minds in the game today. There isn't another coach available that I would rather have in 1000000 years. This is just one example, if needed I can pull about 20 more off the top of my head

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #52
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Wow...when did this thread go from the "Official I'm tired the Roddy whining" to the "Official let's make personal attacks at every single person who doesn't have my own opinion"? Settle down, guys.
I'm actually not sure that there were any "personal attacks" at all. I certainly didn't make any. Attacking a guy's uninformed comments and absurd logic is not the same as a "personal attack."

Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #53
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Bears, beats, Battlestar Galactica.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #54
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
I'm actually not sure that there were any "personal attacks" at all. I certainly didn't make any. Attacking a guy's uninformed comments and absurd logic is not the same as a "personal attack."
pretty sure he was referring to me. And just to let you know, Mavsfan1000, I don't think you're a bad person, or necessarily even an unintelligent one. I'm just saying you're actual POSTS are unintelligent.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #55
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
well, being as I can't find the ignore feature, given my own stupidity, I will respond once more to what seems like a hopeless cause.

It is not necessarily your ideas that are 100% of the problem. Its the way in which you say things. You are allowed to have your own opinion, I welcome it. But when your opinion contradicts common basketball knowledge, your opinion gets reduced to stupidity in my book.

Let me give you an example. Saying we should fire Carlisle is F!cking STUPID!!! Any moron that knows anything about basketball knows RC is a proven, GREAT coach and one of the greatest basketball minds in the game today. There isn't another coach available that I would rather have in 1000000 years. This is just one example, if needed I can pull about 20 more off the top of my head
So you have a problem with me dissing Carlisle then. Alright we'll see how things go. But Beaubois has looked so much better than Barea and Carlisle is the one who decides which one plays as well playing Kidd over 40 minutes. But I guess that is not enough to call him an idiot. Just very frustrating to see Barea make 2 quick turnovers, a bad jump shot, and getting blown by on defense in his short time playing. Understand my gripe?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #56
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
So you have a problem with me dissing Carlisle then. Alright we'll see how things go. But Beaubois has looked so much better than Barea and Carlisle is the one who decides which one plays as well playing Kidd over 40 minutes. But I guess that is not enough to call him an idiot. Just very frustrating to see Barea make 2 quick turnovers, a bad jump shot, and getting blown by on defense in his short time playing. Understand my gripe?
See this is the type of post you should continue with. This is legitimate right here. And in answer to your question, yes, i understand your gripe. I gripe to my roommate about the same thing every single Mavs game. I absolutely abhor JJB. However, you will NEVER find me calling for RC's head because of it.

Do RC's lineups and minute distribution techniques befuddle us? Yes. However, do we know what is happening at practice and behind closed doors? No. That is why I don't make assumptions as to the intelligence of our head coach.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #57
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personal attacks may be a bit harsh, but there was/is certainly a lot of criticism going around from several different people. That's all I was saying.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm saying pretty much the same thing everyone else has said that Barea has been awful. Anyways, I've had to keep repeating myself and this is getting old
Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Did you understand the purpose of this thread?
lol

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #59
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. However, do we know what is happening at practice and behind closed doors? No. That is why I don't make assumptions as to the intelligence of our head coach.
Actually, we do know that nothing's been going on because they haven't been able to practice.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-21-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #60
ReDirkulous Tyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Actually, we do know that nothing's been going on because they haven't been able to practice.
haha, good point. But I think you know what I meant

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #61
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Personal attacks may be a bit harsh, but there was/is certainly a lot of criticism going around from several different people. That's all I was saying.
To be honest, I'm not too sympathetic toward someone who calls the coach an "idiot" and then gets criticized.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Why can't people post new threads without the words "thread" and "official" in them? Every thread is the official something or other thread.
This is not true...Why on the front of this very message board there are: 21 threads and 4 threads with the word official or thread in them.

Why can't people count in the us anymore?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #63
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not too sympathetic toward someone who calls the coach an "idiot" and then gets criticized.
I'm sure a lot of people are thinking like this during the game. To me having the best players on the court at the right times is equally as important as your system. My only explanation I can up come with is Carlisle is trying to groom Beaubois slowly and feels that playing Beaubois this early in his career will stunt his growth as a player. I feel that the opposite is true. More playing time equals more confidence. Maybe some players become full of it like Howard but everyone is different. And sorry about my comment earlier. I thought I was being insulted and overreacted.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #64
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree with all of you. None of you on either side of any argument in any thread has made a bit of sense. You are all really close to being "ignored". Don't test me.

BTW, to IGNORE someone:

1)Click on their name

2)Click on PUBLIC PROFILE

3)Click on USER LIST

4)Click on add to IGNORE list

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #65
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Is it possible for the mods to temp ban someone for incessant moronitude? (moronity? moronism?) IMO that's a far greater threat to society than those boobs that spiral posted.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #66
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I'm gonna make the official "i'm tired of everyone whining about what people do, or dont post, or how they organize it".

That said, there's no reason why Roddy can't get minutes of JJB and Terry at this point.
I would so post in that thread.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to start a thread talking about how tired I am of those people that are tired of other people posting or not posting in organized manner.

If I don't do that, I'll probably just start a thread about being tired of "official" threads.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #68
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41N View Post
smc0007 and mavsfan1000 are completely right, theres no way that roddys inexperience is the reason for sitting on the bench. he penetrates better than barea, he's a better 3-pointer-shooter, he's a better defender and he even makes less mistakes. theres NOTHING that speaks for barea...

you're right...
if i continue like this, i might become a nerd with 32,827 posts and no real life...
That's 32,831 dude.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-21-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #69
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I only post about Roddy in the game threads. Every time JJB has the ball stick in his hands, while the offense comes to a crawl, I will call for Roddy, because even though he's made mistakes he's one of the few guys on this team that can penetrate and finish, or dish it out to the open shooter. I also don't think he gets completely man handled on the defensive end.

But there's a reason I'm typing this on a keyboard while Rick is an established coach with a great reputation in the league. I just wish Roddy would get more burn, or he'd get sent down to the D-League.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I love all the people on spurstalk calling for Pops head. Yeah, great idea guys.
They may be the same people over here.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #71
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well their record speaks for itself. Much better than ours. I'm sure the fans are right sometimes but the mistakes are less glaring than they are here. Our record should be better. It has fallen ever since Beaubois was taken out of the starting lineup. The trade revived us but I still think we need that spark.
You wanna back that up with some data? So you are actually saying that the reason the mavs were winning is because they had Roddy in the starting lineup?? He's started 13 games? I don't know what the record is with/without him...but are you serious?

How does that ignore button work again??
Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #72
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Are you sure our slump had more to do with our 9th-best player not being in the starting lineup than it did with our "#2 guy" Josh Howard deciding to throw a hissy fit because his name was being floated in trade rumors?

Quote:
Think before you hit the "reply" button...
THIS is funny...
Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #73
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know or care what our record would be if Roddy had been playing. All I know is, he's the only young prospect on this team, and I am just effing sick of seeing JJB and Terry stink it up out there.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #74
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't know or care what our record would be if Roddy had been playing. All I know is, he's the only young prospect on this team, and I am just effing sick of seeing JJB and Terry stink it up out there.
This...I mean is Roddy going to go 0-10? So Terry shouldn't play much next game...right? I mean, Terry has been given multiple opportunities through shooting slumps, yet if Roddy makes a few "only coach can really notice" errors then he gets a bunch of DNPs.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #75
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
You wanna back that up with some data? So you are actually saying that the reason the mavs were winning is because they had Roddy in the starting lineup?? He's started 13 games? I don't know what the record is with/without him...but are you serious?

How does that ignore button work again??
Too hard to find data for that but their +/- ratio is the closest you'll get when on and off the court. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910DAL.HTM
Beaubois +0.5
Terry -1.6
Howard -5.5
Barea -6.3

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #76
dude1394
Guru

What is the efficiency rating on nba.com and why does JJB have one that is almost 2x that of Roddy?

Anyone have any other objective ratings that can be looked at? It would be MOST interesting to be able to pull out roddy's numbers as a point guard versus a shooting guard. As a shooting guard I'm okay with him, but not at point.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #77
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If you are saying he should have been out there instead of jet some I can agree with you. But instead jet was being replaced by marion?

If you are saying Roddy should be replacing jkiddo...not me, not me.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #78
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Too hard to find data for that but their +/- ratio is the closest you'll get when on and off the court. http://www.82games.com/0910/0910DAL.HTM
Beaubois +0.5
Terry -1.6
Howard -5.5
Barea -6.3
Gooden -11? You are saying that Roddy was more valuable than Gooden, right?

Edit: I was giving gooden way too much credit, only -6.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-21-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #79
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

http://www.nba.com/statistics/plusmi...team=Mavericks
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #80
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
What is the efficiency rating on nba.com and why does JJB have one that is almost 2x that of Roddy?

Anyone have any other objective ratings that can be looked at? It would be MOST interesting to be able to pull out roddy's numbers as a point guard versus a shooting guard. As a shooting guard I'm okay with him, but not at point.
Efficiency rating at nba.com accounts for how many minutes you are playing. More minutes you play, the better your rating will be. This just accounts for when you are on the floor, how the team is doing. The on court/off court stat itself doesn't factor in the amount of minutes you've played.

Tags
fluffmeister