Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-15-2001, 08:01 PM   #41
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Mavinator- I am back to help you in the Bradley support movement.

I was in Buenos Ares when I saw the first game of the Spurs series. I was the most pleasing Bradley smashing I have ever witnessed. The play-by-play was in spanish, but I think I saw him block 6 shots (mostly on Duncan) and grab 9 boards in the first quarter. I read Fisher's column on the game that stated Bradley was the only Maverick playing at a playoff level. I hope this is only a glimpse of the Bradley playoff heroics Evilmav was speaking of.

In this series, Bradley erased any doubt that he could effectively cover the Duncan/Robinson duo. If juwon could play a lick of low post D, we could have really slowed them down.

I hope no one is still talking about trading Bradley and depending on Booth. Booth looked terrible in this series.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2001, 08:11 PM   #42
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Excellent! Great to have you back, madape... The Evilmav has taken an unexpected vacation from the internet, and I've been all alone in the crusade, but luckily it's harder for people to argue with me when Bradley is dominating the best frontcourt in the league defensively. This series was but a prelude to next year...

I've looked into the Potapenko trade, and unfortunately it won't accept a straight-up trade for Eisley, and Trent is apparently untradeable, so the beautiful dream might not be realized. I'll keep experimenting though...
Old 05-15-2001, 08:23 PM   #43
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Trent can't be traded yet because he is a free agent. We should be able to sign him to whatever contract is necessary to make a trade.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 08:30 PM   #44
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I think I would let go of Trent for the Train, then... after that we need to pick up Hedo Turkoglu. I think I would give up Booth for Turkoglu if Potapenko were coming here to play backup center...
Old 05-15-2001, 08:35 PM   #45
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Trent is a Bird. We can sign him to whatever amount we need to in order to match salaries in a sign and trade.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:53 AM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm glad to see trent gone next year, he had worn out his welcome
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:01 AM   #47
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

My wish list? A couple of role players for the bench - a rebounder and a scorer. Continued development for Dirk and Nash. One of our guys with POTENTIAL to become a player (Harvey hopefully).
Old 05-16-2001, 12:54 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i would love to see harvey become a banger/rebounder.
hopefully, he's only a couple of years away
Old 05-17-2001, 03:23 AM   #49
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Ukraine train for Bill Curley!
Old 05-18-2001, 12:18 PM   #50
MFFL
Guru

Outstanding article on dallasbasketball.com

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/headline_A.asp?pr=
Old 05-18-2001, 12:50 PM   #51
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

nice points in that article. didn't even know spoon was a FA. He's a competitor.

but the sign and trade of eisley and trent for the two Williams sounds nice.

I think a player like JYD would fit in great here. Not expected to score, but fights for everything, and grabs rebounds like crazy...

Old 05-18-2001, 12:54 PM   #52
Mavinator
Golden Member

Eisley and Trent for the Williams brothers would be a beautiful dream...

I strongly dislike the idea of Bradley for Davis, though. I'm willing to concede that Davis might be the better player at this stage of their careers, but I think the Mavs really need Bradley. Without #44 as our anchor, our defense is terrible to nonexistent. Who likes the idea of 6-9 Antonio Davis logging heavy minutes at center here? You think he's a help defender? What about mistake-prone and foul-prone Calvin Booth being depended on to play half the game? I would kill to have Davis on the team, but I just don't believe the benefits of such a trade would outweigh the costs on our interior defense...
Old 05-18-2001, 01:02 PM   #53
Mavinator
Golden Member

In other words, Bradley for Davis is a small upgrade in talent (for the time being), and a huge downgrade at the center position...
Old 05-18-2001, 01:10 PM   #54
madape
Diamond Member

If there is any one player in the NBA who's game will benefit by the new rule changes, its Bradley. The Mavs would be crazy to trade him now when his value could really sky-rocket in the next few years. The new rules will likely put a premium on shotblockers, and Bradley is the best in the NBA.

Old 05-18-2001, 01:26 PM   #55
Mavinator
Golden Member

How many decent centers (who are not power forwards playing out of position) are there in the league? Three first-tier centers, Shaq, David Robinson and Alonzo Mourning. A handful of second-tier centers- Bradley, Mutombo, Divac, Sabonis. How many of them are real shotblockers, two? Three? If we give away a player so rare and important, then who knows how long it'll be before we get someone to replace him? It might never happen. I don't think we should let a player like Bradley get away... it's no coincidence that the best two teams in the league, SA and LA, are the teams with the best centers, and three next best, Dallas, Sac, and Philly all have decent and full-sized centers playing for them...
Old 05-18-2001, 01:38 PM   #56
MFFL
Guru

The ONLY reasons I would consider trading Bradley is the fact that he cannot log heavy minutes and he is prone to inconsistency. IF we could get a player who could log consistent minutes at a high level then I would have to make the deal.
Old 05-18-2001, 01:43 PM   #57
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'm actually kind of sold on bradley. he's goofy, but if he stays away from yelling at the refs, he can be productive.

if we're able to get a more physical PF to play alongside bradley, that would be ideal, and bradley would play even better.
Old 05-18-2001, 02:35 PM   #58
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I'm with MFFL, there has to be something SIGNIFICANT for Bradley that I would trade for. REALLY significant. I think the rule changes will help him out, but it sucks that he can't log more than 25-30 minutes a game. So if we could get something SIGNIFICANT for him, I would do it. The only reason I say this is I wonder how many more productive years Bradley has in him. After a while, he's going to get sick of the abuse he takes and he's going to be OUT OF THE league. So that's why I suggest if we CAN trade him for something significant do it. Actually I would prefer to keep him, I just know if Cuban would like to get a banger in here, it's going to be hard to get Bradley, Booth, Howard, and someone else all significant minutes.
Old 05-19-2001, 08:57 AM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

well, the mavs do need to get someone in here that can play solid man to man defense down low.
yes, i want to keep bradley,

remember, the mavs aren't going to be playing zone defense all of the time, i'm sure...so we still need a banger