Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #521
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Done and done. Now back to freaking out about Dirk.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #522
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Just read a bit that Lebron and Nike will be working together on his free agent tour. Lebron's visiting the Knicks, Nets and then the Bulls. Nike's going to come out with a shoe listing the date of each team's visit.........
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #523
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There's a much higher probability that I'll nail your mom tonight.

Maybe you should start worrying about that instead...
if you like 60yr old ladies with white hair go for it. like i said before its alot easier to talk shit when your behind a computer screen.just shows how much of a pussy you are. keep talking.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #524
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
if you like 60yr old ladies with white hair go for it. like i said before its alot easier to talk shit when your behind a computer screen.just shows how much of a pussy you are. keep talking.
Feel free to meet me face-to-face after I'm done giving your mom ass-to-mouth...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #525
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Feel free to meet me face-to-face after I'm done giving your mom ass-to-mouth...
start getting your funeral arrangements together.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #526
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
start getting your funeral arrangements together.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #527
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He'll still have more red boxes than she does.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #528
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It's a bad move when it doesn't work. But the celts for example mortgaged their future for now and it DID work. Sounds a little like monday-morning qbing.
You are incorrect about the Celts. I would refer you to CLUTCH # 41'S post ( #497). They have young players who play major roles which the Mavs don't. They are also solid at every position which the mavs are not.

As for being a monday morning QB while I have not posted a lot on this site what I did post was always in line with my posts now. I was never that happy with the Harris/Kidd trade although I understand why it was done. And it seemed to make sense. I wanted to trade Howard for Kidd. It would have allowed us to retain Harris who would have paired with Kidd and each could have mitigated each others weakness's. It could have been a straight up trade with us even getting a draft pick because Harris had higher trade value then. I also was not happy with the three year contract afforded Kidd for the reasons that have become more obvious to more of you and validated by the results this year.

I believed then that Dirks window was larger than Kidds and that the plan should have been geared to that four or five year window rather than the two year window of Kidds. It should never have been building a team that could play with Kidd but those that would complement Dirk. That would have allowed us to strenthen the weakness's in our roster. We were fortunate in the Butler and Haywood aquisitions but it didn't entirely eliminate the weakness's that eventually bit us in our collective rears.

RC is the main problem because he is not a coach who likes to develop players but utilizes veterans because they help to hide his own deficiancys. While not the only example the most recent one was his not use and lack of development of Roddy. I mean how hard is it to teach a player to defend a pick and roll. He is also too methodical and doesn't have the ability to forsee and plan for potential problems. As you point out it is not that hard to see problems once they hit us in the face but it is not as easy to see them before they happen. Many of you posters just like RC cant seem to see farther than the noses on your face. Unfortunately RC's shortcomings effect the planning and future of the team while all that we posters effect is only retorical.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #529
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
You are incorrect about the Celts. I would refer you to CLUTCH # 41'S post ( #497). They have young players who play major roles which the Mavs don't. They are also solid at every position which the mavs are not.

As for being a monday morning QB while I have not posted a lot on this site what I did post was always in line with my posts now. I was never that happy with the Harris/Kidd trade although I understand why it was done. And it seemed to make sense. I wanted to trade Howard for Kidd. It would have allowed us to retain Harris who would have paired with Kidd and each could have mitigated each others weakness's. It could have been a straight up trade with us even getting a draft pick because Harris had higher trade value then. I also was not happy with the three year contract afforded Kidd for the reasons that have become more obvious to more of you and validated by the results this year.

I believed then that Dirks window was larger than Kidds and that the plan should have been geared to that four or five year window rather than the two year window of Kidds. It should never have been building a team that could play with Kidd but those that would complement Dirk. That would have allowed us to strenthen the weakness's in our roster. We were fortunate in the Butler and Haywood aquisitions but it didn't entirely eliminate the weakness's that eventually bit us in our collective rears.

RC is the main problem because he is not a coach who likes to develop players but utilizes veterans because they help to hide his own deficiancys. While not the only example the most recent one was his not use and lack of development of Roddy. I mean how hard is it to teach a player to defend a pick and roll. He is also too methodical and doesn't have the ability to forsee and plan for potential problems. As you point out it is not that hard to see problems once they hit us in the face but it is not as easy to see them before they happen. Many of you posters just like RC cant seem to see farther than the noses on your face. Unfortunately RC's shortcomings effect the planning and future of the team while all that we posters effect is only retorical.
If I Could Give You a Green Box I Would.lol. I agree with you on everything here. good post.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #530
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but what if dirk leaves this offseason??? i know alot of people think the odds of him leaving are 1 in 1,000,000 but theres still the possibility...whats plan b then??
Plan B is do a sign and trade with him. Unless he does a nashie and just screws the mavs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #531
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban can all but ensure that losing Dirk in a S&T would be the worst-case scenario by offering him more money than another team can. That'd still suck, but Dirk (just like everybody else), is extraordinarily unlikely to leave the Mavs for less money than what he could get by re-signing.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #532
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a horse in the hospital

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #533
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Theres a horse in the hospital
Patient just died in room 105... Cirrhosis of the eye...
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #534
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Patient just died in room 105... Cirrhosis of the eye...
Nurse come in please where are you?

F*ck it he’s dead...

Last edited by Underdog; 06-04-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: this thread needed more cowbell
Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #535
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Use Damp + Picks to do a S&T for Boozer. Utah does not want to take on any salary so the trade makes sense for them. Also, all Boozer cares about is the money, he wouldn't mind coming to Dallas if it means more money for him...
I hate Carlos Loozer more than any NBA player.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #536
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Humble Billy Hayes joining the Spurs? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Billy_Hayes
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #537
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Humble Billy Hayes joining the Spurs? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Billy_Hayes
Oh now WTF.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #538
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Don't know if this was posted but hear you go....

Fantasy GM: Dealing Damp's contract

Quote:
The Basics: This one is worthy of some lively debate, even if Mav fans would be disappointed that Damp brings back no immediate dividends. Could Mark Cuban stomach Andrei Kirilenko’s massive contract for one season? The Mavericks would look to take on a contract that prohibits the Jazz from signing their own free agents in exchange for a youth injection from the draft and a little long-term financial flexibility. Some would say it’s a waste of Dampier’s contract, but if there are no other options I think I like the idea. I think.

The How: The play would be Damp’s contract, Shawn Marion (Owed $7.3 million next season/$33 million over the next four) and Dallas' 2011 first-round pick for Kirilenko (owed $17.8 million in his final year) and the No. 9 pick in this year’s draft. The tricky part of this deal is when it would happen. Unless agents are giving up the goods before they’re supposed to, Dallas wouldn’t know it's not in play for a big free agent until after the draft. This is only valid if Utah were to draft a guy at No. 9 that Dallas coveted. But we all agree that Dallas needs blue-chip youth, so for the sake of conversation we’ll assume Dallas likes the guy Utah has drafted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...damps-contract
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #539
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
more than Vince Carter even?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #540
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
more than Vince Carter even?
Even more. And I'm a Dukie to boot.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #541
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ribo and UD good catch.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #542
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
I hate the guy also. If you have a better move to make Dallas competitive if Dirk leaves please tell...
Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #543
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

So Utah dealing their #9 and taking Marions ugly contract to get rid of AKs expiring?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #544
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

you the kirilenko still remembers when dirk hit the matt hardy side effect on him in that game a couple years ago?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #545
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Oh now WTF.
Pretty sure that's just wikipedia claptrap. Nothing about that on MySA.com, or SpursTalk, or Google.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #546
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Jason Terry must out from Dallas Mavericks if Mavs want win championship.Cuban must engage Joe Johnson or Lebron James.Jason Terry is old man he can't shot in playoffs game.He is unnecessary this team!!!Dirk must get new help.Mavericks need new face in 2010-2011 season!!!
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #547
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post

There's a player named Avery Bradley???? How could we not do everything possible to get him in a Mavs uniform? 'Cause if we tank another playoffs, Avery Bradley would be the perfect goat. Please tell me his middle name is Joshhoward.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #548
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Jason Terry must out from Dallas Mavericks if Mavs want win championship.Cuban must engage Joe Johnson or Lebron James.Jason Terry is old man he can't shot in playoffs game.He is unnecessary this team!!!Dirk must get new help.Mavericks need new face in 2010-2011 season!!!
Horse has a sibling?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #549
RedPhase

RedPhase is infamous around these partsRedPhase is infamous around these parts

We should get Boozer,kamen or al harington if bosh,wade or lebron fail. H3ll we could just waive damp ourselves and sign a FA outright.Sevenson+Damp+TPE+2 1st rnd picks + $3m cash for Boozer (s&t) + karilenko + filler.

Then resign Dirk and Haywood. Give Roddy(chris paul beta ver.0.9.43) WAAAAAAAY more minutes at the point. Resign damp with the MLE and keep Butler. Doesn't put us over but at least we look respectable and fix the "double-down-on-dirk-kicks-the-ball-out and-X-player-bricks-goes-5-22-from-the-3pt-line-and-we-lose" problem we've had for like... years.

But with iggy we can keep barea+terry off the floor for at least half the game. That shatty sponge defense from the midget twins(JJB/Terry) killed us in virtually every important game we had.Including with the spurs this year.
RedPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #550
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Agreed, I'd move him simply so that RC has no crutch to play this guy. He would be forced to play Roddy more minutes.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #551
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhase View Post
We should get Boozer,kamen or al harington if bosh,wade or lebron fail. H3ll we could just waive damp ourselves and sign a FA outright.Sevenson+Damp+TPE+2 1st rnd picks + $3m cash for Boozer (s&t) + karilenko + filler.

Then resign Dirk and Haywood. Give Roddy(chris paul beta ver.0.9.43) WAAAAAAAY more minutes at the point. Resign damp with the MLE and keep Butler. Doesn't put us over but at least we look respectable and fix the "double-down-on-dirk-kicks-the-ball-out and-X-player-bricks-goes-5-22-from-the-3pt-line-and-we-lose" problem we've had for like... years.

But with iggy we can keep barea+terry off the floor for at least half the game. That shatty sponge defense from the midget twins(JJB/Terry) killed us in virtually every important game we had.Including with the spurs this year.
I like the idea of Playing Roddy many more min. at point. I don't care for signing more older established players who are on the way down. We have done that before a and it doesn't work. They cost too much and never seem to produce leaving us stuck to get rid of them after a year. We need to sign players who have an upside not a downslide potential for the money. Kamen does fill a need and isn't that old.

Why would we want to resign Damp. He did not give much of an effort for his overpaid contract. What makes anyone think he would play for the mile which would still be overpaying him. He is aging and he was starting to be plagued by injurys. That will only get worse with time. Look at his body type- large body on chicken legs. It would be better to have a younger player as the back up than an older slower player taking up money and space with a huge potential downslide.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #552
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
I like the idea of Playing Roddy many more min. at point. I don't care for signing more older established players who are on the way down. We have done that before a and it doesn't work. They cost too much and never seem to produce leaving us stuck to get rid of them after a year. We need to sign players who have an upside not a downslide potential for the money. Kamen does fill a need and isn't that old.

Why would we want to resign Damp. He did not give much of an effort for his overpaid contract. What makes anyone think he would play for the mile which would still be overpaying him. He is aging and he was starting to be plagued by injurys. That will only get worse with time. Look at his body type- large body on chicken legs. It would be better to have a younger player as the back up than an older slower player taking up money and space with a huge potential downslide.
I've always liked Damp, but I agree--I don't see the need for the Damp Boomerang, unless it's for the minimum. I'd rather get two younger guys in there to fight for minutes, in hopes that one of them can develop into a nice long-term solution. If we re-sign Haywood, and assume some small-ball is inevitable, we really only need a couple minutes per game out of a backup center.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #553
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've always liked Damp, but I agree--I don't see the need for the Damp Boomerang, unless it's for the minimum. I'd rather get two younger guys in there to fight for minutes, in hopes that one of them can develop into a nice long-term solution. If we re-sign Haywood, and assume some small-ball is inevitable, we really only need a couple minutes per game out of a backup center.
No way is Damp going to command much more than the minimum on the open market, and re-signing Damp for the minimum is INFINITELY preferable to having to play small ball for any duration. Haven't we had f*cking enough of not having a backup center over the past 3-4 years? I'm SICK of that.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #554
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
No way is Damp going to command much more than the minimum on the open market, and re-signing Damp for the minimum is INFINITELY preferable to having to play small ball for any duration. Haven't we had f*cking enough of not having a backup center over the past 3-4 years? I'm SICK of that.
this^
Damp would be an excellent backup
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #555
bobatundi
Golden Member

I hate small-ball too...but it's going to happen. Rick played the 3 PG lineup (Kidd, Barea Terry) a lot despite us having two legit centers, an all-world PF, two legit SFs, an NBA-sized SG (Stevenson) and a highly athletic combo guard (Roddy B). We could have five centers on our roster, and we'll still see a few minutes of small ball here and there.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #556
SMC0007
Guru

Nice catch Blanco Nino- too bad your ass got saaaacked.

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #557
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...iedrins-anyone

From Skin...
For Part V of our fantasy offseason series, we continue with the philosophy that Dallas will have to utilize Erick Dampier’s non-guaranteed contract trade asset for something other than a superstar in a sign-and-trade. In Week One, we rolled out the thought process of using Brendan Haywood as a sign-and-trade asset himself as opposed to the team’s primary center. We’ll continue with that theme and look at a replacement. Target: Andris Biedrins.

Andris Biedrins is one season removed from averaging 11 and 11 at the age of 23, and the Mavs could surely use his lively body along their front line as they try to add youth to this team.
The Basics: There’s plenty to like about Biedrins. He’s a young guy (24) who goes hard. He’s a big time rebounder, averaging 8 per 24 minutes for his career. He’s not polished offensively by any means, but he knows his limitations as evidenced by his career 60 percent shooting clip. There are also some red flags. He’s missed 69 games the last two seasons and he’ll be paid a healthy $9 million a year for the next four seasons. And he finds himself in foul trouble frequently (3.4 per 24 minutes for his career). But he’s one season removed from averaging 11 and 11 at the age of 23, and the Mavs could surely use his lively body along their front line as they try to add youth to this team.

The How: This would be a straight salary dump move for the Golden State Warriors, so the Mavericks would have to ask for a little salary relief as well. Dallas would send Dampier and Matt Carroll (owed $4.3 million next season and $7.4 million for the next two seasons after that) plus some cash for Biedrins and Vladimir Radmanovic (one year remaining at $6.9 million).

The Why: For Dallas this would be about getting a lively young frontline player with good size (6-11/240 lbs) that’s had some success in the league. Dallas would still bring back Damp at minimal money to have a rotation of bigs. And it’d allow them to utilize Haywood in a sign-and-trade.

Golden State was rumored to want to move Biedrins at the trade deadline last February to get out from underneath his big contract. If they don’t get a good young big at #6 in the draft in a few weeks, they’re supposedly interested in flipping Anthony Randolph for Kevin Love. If the Mavericks could talk Golden State into Carroll’s inclusion (the deal could be done without him from a salary cap standpoint) and giving them the cash to ease the burden for this upcoming season, then the Warriors would still save close to $11.5 million for next season. For a team pushing closer to new ownership, that’s a tidy sum to spend. They could use it to keep their good young players like Anthony Morrow or C.J. Watson or it could be utilized in another trade or in pursuit of other free agents on the market.

The Bottom Line: Again, this certainly isn’t as exciting as acquiring a premiere free agent through sign-and-trade means, but Dallas would improve their roster while still maintaining the flexibility to make other moves with Haywood as S&T bait and approximately $24 million in expiring deals for 2011. It’s more realistic than the wonderful dream of the superstar. But is it enough to keep Mavs fans optimistic about the future?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #558
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Biedrins is a gamble, but if we're still holding onto the DUST Chip with no one to chance with come late August.....I'd have to think long and hard about it. Dang injury history.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #559
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But is it enough to keep Mavs fans optimistic about the future?
Hell no. If this is the best we can do with the DUST chip, then no, I would not be optimistic about the future. At all. This would be like Plan H.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #560
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Hell no. If this is the best we can do with the DUST chip, then no, I would not be optimistic about the future. At all. This would be like Plan H.
It would definitely get me super excitedly optimistic about a slightly increased chance of making it to the second round of the playoffs!! WOOO HOOO!!!!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...