Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future
Default Dirk Interview

Translation from mavsmoneyball.com:
Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki Interview: A Prodigy ages, too.

by DOH on Sep 11, 2010 3:03 PM CDT

Dirk Nowitzki: His Life has been "pretty good" so far, says the Würzburger. "Madness was just how fast it all happened." He talks about his wishes & desires among other things in this interview. [Mainpost. Jürgen Höpfl.] Translation after ...

The private stress from last year is left behind. Dirk Nowitzki looks relaxed and loose - and currently lacks apparently only one thing to happiness: the target chased for years; a championship with the Dallas Mavericks in the North American professional basketball league, the NBA, the toughest league in the world. Where he as a German, enjoys a (so far) unparalleled special status. Before the Würzburger leaves in two weeks in his then already thirteenth NBA season with the Mavericks, he met with us for the traditional, summer-exclusive interview. The now already 32-year-old, fresh in a relationship in Texas, chatted relaxed, not only about the sport, but also about his private development and the aging that won't even pass the nation's flagship athlete.

Question: "Now it only needs Nowitzki", dubbed the Sport Bild 'recently in its report on the new, prominent german team, the FC Bayern. President Uli Hoeneß invested a lot in the basketball team to rise as quickly as possible from the Second to the First Bundesliga . Is it just lacking Nowitzki for that?

Dirk Nowitzki: What? That was what was written? You'll hear that sentiment often from Alba Berlin that it was a big dream (for them) if I would play there. But these are ultimately no more than gimmicky thoughts for a time in four or five years, of which I have no idea what the future brings - because everything is open.

The Bavarians would still be an interesting topic, because in soccer you are a big fan of FCB .

Nowitzki: Let's wait some time first, if by then it will even still be fun to play for me, there are still a few heavy steps missing before i would seriously think about doing something like that. Regardless of me, the Bavarians will surely establish themselves into a good role in the German basketball. The fact that they are good at professional sports, they have long since proved - and the money to be able to let something grow they have, too.

Your next goals are the Olympic participation in 2012 and finally winning the title with the Dallas Mavericks.

Nowitzki: Absolutely, yes.The Olympics 2008 in China, which I have repeatedly said, was, despite our defeats there, around and beside the basketball games such a great experience that I definitely want to enjoy it again. But for that our German team at Euro 2011 has pull through in Lithuania, which is hard enough. In any case, I plan to wear the national jersey again. And the championship? Yeaaah,yeaaah,yeaaah, hopefully we will manage that.

You have just signed for another four years this summer - in spite of skeptical voices that the Mavericks will never win a Championship.

Nowitzki: I thought about this long enough this summer. I am back for a long NBA season, the twelfth or how many'th actually....

.... the thirteenth.

Nowitzki: Do you researched that really well? Not that this is wrong now - could be, okay, i believe you, the thirteenth. I was over there for the negotiations, and the most important thing was, I would say the key point is that our owner Marc Cuban immediately came to me and said: 'Hey, Dirk, we both sit in the same boat. " The same boat, that was it. He wants to be champion, i want to be champion, he dreams of it, i dream of it. If I would've left, i would have thought, i give up, i did not make it. It would have seemed to me like running away.

But after twelve years in the same club it ain't running away anymore.

Nowitzki: Granted, there was a moment, if the Miami Heat would've had reported exactly at that time, 'they want to build a super team with me, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James', it would have been very tempting and almost a guarantee for the title. When they got Chris Bosh it was clear, the best options do i have and keep in Dallas, because all the other clubs are not further than us in the fight to the ring for the NBA Champ. Not Chicago, not New York, and neither the New Jersey Nets can guarantee me a better result and not to drop off again in April to end the season prematurely. And teams like the Lakers couldn't have gotten me for financial reason. But we'll somehow manage it, we've got four years left together. Why make a new beginning like twelve years ago in a different environment when I have experienced so much loyalty and I know what I have in Dallas ?

Because it is still curious, almost unique in professional sports, that a man like you only had two stations in his enormous career, Würzburg and Dallas.

Nowitzki: You're right though, I have to admit - and maybe that actually has something to do with my grounded origin Upbringing. I am always happily back every summer in Würzburg.

You seem more relaxed than last year at the same time.

Nowitzki: What I have experienced that time in private, is something I never want to experience again. (Ed.: Nowitzki's fiancée Crystal Taylor proved to be a traitor, and landed in jail during the play-offs, straight out of his home). This was not easy to overcome initially, but eventually I managed it and marked it off.

Have you thereby become harder, tougher?

Nowitzki: I have been through so much, I had and have so much fun in life! It would've been the worst thing if my joy of life would've remained on the track permanently. But for a while it was it that way.

When you went to the NBA, you were very young, not even 20 years. Now you are already 32. What happened to you in all the time?

Nowitzki: I've matured, which what was more complicated than it - obviously - sounds now. I have been too alot on the Road earlier in my Life, i am still now, but i have other thoughts now. And i discover new sides of me. Recently, I was actually at the Wagner Festival in Bayreuth.

Could you repeat where you were, or have we heard that wrong?

Nowitzki: No, no, that's right. Parsifal - I even got he text before and read it. Heavy substance.

And you had no trouble sitting quietly for four hours with your height in your seat without constant back and forth stretching?

Nowitzki: I was up there in the (vip) box, because you have more leg freedom there, and there were two breaks in between, it worked, wasn't a problem. I'mma say, I had the chance to go -

- other Interested in that have to wait for many years in vain -

Nowitzki: - clearly, so I'm also happy there, it was an experience, that's all. But I don't have to go again next year.

When you were a newcomer in Dallas in 1999, playing at that time, your teammate AC Green was honored for his thousandth NBA Game.

Nowitzki: Even for the thousandth NBA game in a row, which nobody achieves nowadays anymore. He was the absolute Ironman.

Now youself are at the threshold for the thousandth NBA game. Would you have ever even thought about that possibility?

Nowitzki: No, no one can really imagine such things. But it all happened so fast, there was always something going on, always moving in there, every year: first the training camp in October, then the season starting in November with four or five games a week, the All-Star weekend in February and in spring the play-offs. Sometimes, you join the flight right after a Game, eat on the plane, go to bed in a Hotel in the next City, sleep a few hours and play again shortly thereafter.

Do you have the overview of what is happening where and how and when?

Nowitzki: Not so exactly (anymore). Only the very important matches do you still know after twelve summers, how they were, especially in the dramatic play-offs.

Didn't you sacrificed the best time of your life for basketball, your Youth?

Nowitzki: Hard question, huh, good question. How long is the youth? I was was until 19 at home, graduated with 18 from high school (Abitur), everything was normal, i was Lower Franconia B-youth-tennis champion. I really had a nice time, in hindsight though, everything is like children's carnival. Did i spent my youth spent in the NBA, sacrificed to the sport? But, yes, I did. But in return I can say I have always done what I liked most, sport. Basketball is my life, and I have nothing sacrificed with that. Madness was really just how fast it all went, that I have said, yes. Almost a Pity!

Previously, you were the child prodigy, now you soon, pardon me, the old sack.

Nowitzki: Exactly. I am one of the oldest in our team! We've got a young Frenchman, and when I see how nervous he jumps aroundt, just as i did at the beginning, I have to laugh at myself afterwards.

Fortunately, you have so far been spared from serious injury.

Nowitzki: Luckily, yes, I am also grateful for that. Mostly I had blessings in disguise (=Luck), at least so far, even at the story of the last year. The stupid thing at that time was that they had really been waiting at some magazines for such a moment, to say, now we have him, can't be that there are no skeletons in his closet. First they praise and thunder you up, then they beat you up and shower you. But i also became accustomed to that.

Then you will herewith receive the opportunity to summarize your whole life (so far) in a bold headline. What would that be?

Nowitzki: I would say: Went quite well, had great times.

Sounds, however, as if it was already over anyway.

Nowitzki: Okay, there must be an additional point. Went quite well. But there is still a lot coming.....

Once again, original link.

Published 10/09/10

LINK

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Main Post - LOL

@Dr: Thank you, Sir !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 09-13-2010 at 02:28 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

"If I would've left, i would have thought, i give up, i did not make it. It would have seemed to me like running away."

"Why make a new beginning like twelve years ago in a different environment when I have experienced so much loyalty and I know what I have in Dallas ?"

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

1) translation by Mavsmoneyball or by google?
2) oh, how I am now looking forward to the end of the season when disappointed Heat fans are posting this article, wondering why the got Bosh instead of going after Dirk.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

For those which trust the google translator more, here the interview translated by google:
Quote:
Nowitzki Interview: Even a prodigy grows older

Dirk Nowitzki: His life had been "running pretty well," says the Würzburg exceptional athletes. "The madness was just how fast it all went." In the interview he talks about his desires, among other things.

The private stress from last year, he has left behind. Dirk Nowitzki looks back relaxed and solved - and currently lacks apparently only one to happiness: the target for years championship with the Dallas Mavericks in the North American professional basketball league, the NBA, the toughest league in the world where he as a German, a hitherto unparalleled enjoys special status. Before the Würzburg stands out in two weeks in his then already thirteenth NBA season with the Mavericks, he met with us to the traditional summer-exclusive interview. The now already 32-year-old, fresh in Texas liiert chatted, relaxed, not only about the sport, but also about his private development and the aging that passes not the flagship of the nation's athletes.

Question: "Now it only needs Nowitzki, dubbed the" Sport Bild 'recently delivered its report on the new, prominent team, invested with the FC Bayern president Uli Hoeness in basketball and as quickly as possible from the Second to the First Bundesliga will rise. it is absent only Nowitzki?

Dirk Nowitzki: What? Such was the written? Alba Berlin is heard so often that it was a big dream if I would play there. But these are ultimately no more than gimmicks thought for a time in four or five years, of which I have no idea what the future brings - because everything is open.

The Bavarians were still, in soccer you are finally big fan of FCB, an interesting topic.

Nowitzki: Wait time, then even if I was still fun to play, there is still a few heavy steps, before I seriously thought about doing. Regardless what the Bavarians will establish themselves very definitely a good role in the German basketball. The fact that they make good professional sports, they have long since proved - and the money to be able to grow what they have.

Your next steps are the desire Olympic participation in 2012 and finally winning the title with the Dallas Mavericks.

Nowitzki: Absolutely, yes. Olympic 2008 in China, which I have repeatedly said, was despite our defeat there around it a series of such great experience that I definitely want to take it again. But for our German team at Euro 2011 has bite in Lithuania, which is hard enough. In any case, I did before to return to the national jersey. And the championship? Jaaa, jaaa, jaaa, hopefully we will manage.

You have until this summer, signed for another four years - in spite of skeptical voices that the Mavericks will never master.
Nowitzki: I rumüberlegt this summer, long enough. I am back to a long NBA season, the twelfth or how many'th actually. . .

. . . the thirteenth.

Nowitzki: Do you have a well researched? Not that this is not true now - could be but, okay, the thirteenth. Then I was over there to the negotiations, and the most important thing was there, I would say the key point is that our owner Marc Cuban immediately came to me and said: 'Hey, Dirk, but we both sit in the same boat. " The same boat that was it. He wants to be master, I want to be champion, he dreams, I dream of it. If I was gone, I would have thought, I give up, I did not make it. It would have seemed to me like running away.

After twelve years in the same club one of club's no longer running away.

Nowitzki: Granted, there was a moment when the Miami Heat had reported exactly as they want to build a super team with me, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, it would have been very tempting and almost a guarantee for the title. When they have got but Chris Bosh was clear and got the best options and keep me in Dallas, because all the other clubs are not further than us in the fight to the ring for the NBA Champ. Not Chicago, not New York, and the New Jersey Nets can not guarantee me better and not cut off again in April to end the season prematurely. And teams like the Lakers would have made me so no financial reason to get. But let's be somehow swing already, we are left even four years together. Why make a new beginning as twelve years ago in a different environment when I have experienced in Dallas so much loyalty and I know what I am?

Because it is still curious, so is almost unique in professional sport that a man like you did in his huge career only two stations, Würzburg and Dallas.

Nowitzki: You're right though, I must admit - and maybe has to do to actually have my native origin. I am always happy every summer in Würzburg.

They seem more relaxed than last year at the same time.

Nowitzki: What I have experienced that time in private, something I never want to experience more (Ed.: Nowitzki's fiancée Crystal Taylor proved to be a traitor, and landed during the play-offs from his home out in prison). This was initially not easy to overcome, but eventually I managed it and mark off the thing.

Are you thereby become harder?

Nowitzki: I have been through so much, I had and have so much fun in life! It would have been the worst thing would be my joy of life has remained permanently on the track. For a while it was it that way.

When you went into the NBA, you were very young, not even 20 years. Now you too are already 32nd What is happening in all the time with you?

Nowitzki: I've become adult, what was more complicated than it sounds so obvious now. I'm used to now and have been too much the way I am now even more, but I make my other thoughts. And discover new sides of me. Recently, I was actually at the Wagner Festival in Bayreuth.

Could you repeat where you were, or have we questioned us?

Nowitzki: No, no, that's right. Parsifal - I had even before I read the text and worried. Heavy substance.

And you had to stay at your length no trouble sitting quietly for four hours without constant back-and herzurutschen?

Nowitzki: I was up there in the box, because you have more leg room, and there were two breaks in between, which was already, was not a problem. I say again, I had the chance to go -

- To other interested parties waiting in vain for years -

Nowitzki: - clear, so I'm also happy there, it was an experience that's all. But I must now next year will not have the same again.

When you were in 1999 as a rookie in Dallas, at that time your teammate AC Green for his thousandth NBA game has been honored.

Nowitzki: Even for the thousandth NBA game series, which now provides no more. He was the absolute Ironman.

Now you are even now at the threshold for the thousandth NBA game. Would you have ever even thought possible?

Nowitzki: No, but really no one can imagine. But it all happened so fast, there was always something going on, always moving in there, every year: first the training camp in October, then the season starting in November with four or five games a week, the All-Star weekend in February and in spring the play-offs. Sometimes, you join right after 'NEM Match eat on the plane, flying in the walk, the nearest town to the hotel bed, sleep and play short again.

Do you have the overview of what happened when and how and where?

Nowitzki: So not exactly. Only in very important matches we know after twelve summers yet, as they were, especially in the dramatic play-offs.

Do you have the basketball is not the best time of your life sacrificed your youth?

Nowitzki: Hard question, huh, good question. How long is the youth? I was was up 19 at home,'ve made with 18 high school, everything was normal, was Lower Franconia B youth tennis champion. I really had a nice time, in hindsight, everything is like children's carnival. I surrendered my youth spent in the NBA, sacrificed to the sport? But, yes, I have. But in return, I can say I have there ever done what I would do for, sport. Basketball is my life, and I have nothing sacrificed. A madness was really just how fast it all went, that I have said yes. Pity!

Previously, you were the child prodigy, now you soon, sorry, the old bag.

Nowitzki: Exactly. I am here in the team one of the elders! We've got a young Frenchman, and when I see how nervous the rumspringt, as I at the beginning, I have to laugh at myself afterwards.

Fortunately, you have so far been spared from serious injury.

Nowitzki: Luckily, yes, I am also grateful. Mostly I had a blessing in disguise, at least so far, even in the history of the last year. The idiot at that time was that they had been waiting for some magazines really in such a moment, to say, now we have him, can not be that is where nothing. It was only praise and thunder it you up, then they beat you up and a shower yourself together. But also because I have accustomed myself.

Then you will receive herewith summarize even the opportunity, your old life in a bold headline. What is the?

Nowitzki: Because I would say: At the very well run, great time had.

Sounds past but somehow, as if it is already.

Nowitzki: Okay, there must be an additional point. Already gone quite well. But there is still a lot. . .

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 09-14-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

"Yeaaah,yeaaah,yeaaah, hopefully we will manage that."

Says it all.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote