Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-31-2002, 11:25 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Vince carter-with the exception of Antonio Davis, the only good players on the Raptors either play the SG or the SF, which VC plays. They got to let him go or let some of the others go.

Darius Miles/Ricky Davis-in the long run, this won't work. Cleveland is hold Wagner from his true position at SG. Plus if they are going to get LeBron James, they will have to let Miles go and put Davis at the SF, or trade Davis to give space for James. If James comes to Cleveland, one of them will leave.

Juan Dixon- he has the potential to be a great player, but if he stays in Washington, he will never be one. The only time he got to play was when the Wizards are up by a lot or down by a lot.

Mike Miller/Grant Hill- this will not continue to work. Just the other day, they had T-MAC playin point guard.
Antwan Jamison- not that he's not playin well, but Golden State could get 2-3 players if they trade him. Plus, with the exception of Mike Dunleavy, all of their SF, PF, and Centers are true Power Forwards.

Elden Cambell, PJ Brown, Jamaal Magloire- those are three ok players that the Hornets can get 3-5 other ok players.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2003, 11:25 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

<<
Juan Dixon- he has the potential to be a great player, but if he stays in Washington, he will never be one. The only time he got to play was when the Wizards are up by a lot or down by a lot.
>>

Yeah! Speak the truth! Dixon is an NBA Stud! It's just too bad that the wizards are so overloaded at point guard. I mean, how can ANYONE get minutes behind Tyrone Lue! Lets face it, the Wizards are STACKED at the point. There just isn't any playing time there for a rising star like Dixon. The Wizards fans obviously are getting tired of him. They must have gotten sick of seeing him win championships for the hometown Terrapins. I'm suprised they haven't booed him out of town. What can a player do with no support from the home crowd? I think the only way Dixon will get any playing time is if he's traded to a team that needs PG help... and we know the wizards don't need any PG help. I heard that Maccabi Tel-Aviv needs a point guard. In my opinion, that's the perfect place for a guy with Dixon's skills. He would exel there. Damn you Wizards! How can you keep my man down like this!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #3
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

..kind of off topic...but speaking of Tel-Aviv, look who just signed a deal with the other force in town, Hapoel...

Israel - HaPoel Tel Aviv signed Cedric Ceballos - Dec. 24, 2002 - by Yarone Arbel

Cedric Ceballos (201-F-69, agent: Kreiter Keith, college: Fullerton St.) signed in HaPoel Tel Aviv, and will join the team this Friday. HaPoel, who re-joined the IPL only this season, hope Ceballos will lead them to a better performance than they the team presented in the first round of the IPL (5th place, 6-5 record). Ceballos is one of the biggest names ever to play for an Israeli team. Both sides negotiated since the end of last week, and the deal was signed early this morning. Ceballos was selected by the Phoenix Suns in the 2nd round of the the 1990 draft (48th pick). After 4 seasons with the Suns he continued to play in the NBA with the Lakers, Dallas, Miami and finished his NBA career with the Detroit Pistons. In the last months Ceballos played with the Harlem Globetrotters. HaPoel Tel Aviv is playing in Group E of the Pan European phase of the Champions Cup along with Aris Thessaloniki (Greece), Strasbourg (France) and BC Khimki (Russia).

Ceballos scored 9,270 points in 668 NBA games, and his NBA career averages stand on 24.2 min, 14.3 pts, 50% 2FG, 30% 3FG, 5.3 rbs and 1.2 as. His scoring record in the NBA is 50 points, and in the 92/93 season he led the NBA in FG% (57.6%). Ceballos became famous for his unique dunk in the 1992 All Star dunk contest, when he covered his eyes and dunked blindfolded, on his way to win the 1992 NBA dunk contest championship.

link
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:04 PM   #4
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

speaking of israel and not calling me?!
yea cedric signed a contract to seal this deal,he'll get 100k for the rest of the season.
i dont know where you heard maccabi neads a PG but its not very acurate,i guess we could use one cause our opening PG is very young and doesnt function very well,we have good backups though.
besides,maccabi has a big contract foreigner already(quincy lewis),and this is europe,you cant aford having two players like that.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

NP - It was a joke about the Maccabbi PG. I really don't follow Israeli basketball at all. I just wanted to make fun of Juan Dixon, and say that he'd fit in better on some foreign team. Don't know why I said Maccabi. I think the Ceballos story got Tel Aviv in my mind I guess.

But thanks for the insight. We don't get much coverage here.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #6
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

well,if you want i'll be happy to report euroball on this forum.
seems its getting more and more importent right now.
BTW,though cebalos signed with hapoel,maccabi is still the far better team,too far if you ask me,theres no competition,and im a maccabi fan,so you can understand how far it really is.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Jay Williams for a bag of magic beans if permissable
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote