Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #121
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Caron Butler reeks of a player in a contract year trying to get his. Doesn't matter if he's not feeling it or he's hurting the team. He played 22 awful minutes in New Orleans and had the nerve to bitch about playing time. I was looking at some numbers and realized that his usage rate is 26.84. If that's not the highest of his career it's pretty close. This while putting up a PER of below 11. He's just an awful player right now and, unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get much better. For some unknown reason his game fell off a cliff last year.

Meanwhile Carlisle is desperately trying to get something out of him because he knows we need him if we're going to do anything. I could hear it in his voice as he talked about Butler on the pre-game show yesterday.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #122
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Are you sure about Dampier, you do remember the iron hands right?
Yes dampier would have scored those. He wasn't being thrown a pass, just getting a rebound and putting it back up. Dampier outplayed haywood last year I thought.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #123
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

5-1 on games I've been to live. Watching the Mavericks lose in person really sucks. Financially, and emotionally...

I believe Marion should start...he can run the floor, get garbage baskets and rebounds better than Butler. What happened to team rebounding? Have you guys read Bill Simmon's article on this team?

Quote:
they imported a former All-Star who peaked three years ago and now looks he's either washed up, stealing money, or both (Caron Butler).
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #124
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Yes dampier would have scored those. He wasn't being thrown a pass, just getting a rebound and putting it back up. Dampier outplayed haywood last year I thought.
Haywood> Damp but Haywood is so inconsistent
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #125
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The two buckets Haywood scored in the fourth were on passes and one of them was a hook shot, not a dunk.

Again, not saying he was great, and for the season he's been very disappointing, but he wasn't even close to our worst player last night and blaming him for Dirk's problems rebounding is ridiculous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #126
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer View Post
If you gave Barea's minutes to Stevenson and Butler, when Kidd was out the Mavs would be lucky to get the ball over half court. The Mavs have to get someone else decent to back up the point. You'd think some combination of Butler/Barea/Stevenson could bring in a better back up at the point--even as a pure salary dump.

Without some other way to score, this team is going to wear Dirk out by the All-Star Game.
Here's how you *could* do it until Roddy is ready...

Chandler/Haywood 48
Nowitzki 36 - Marion 12
Marion 24 - Butler 24
Stevenson 24 - Terry 24
Kidd 34 - Terry 14

I'm not saying that's ideal, but Terry can definitely play backup PG if necessary.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #127
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Caron Butler reeks of a player in a contract year trying to get his. Doesn't matter if he's not feeling it or he's hurting the team. He played 22 awful minutes in New Orleans and had the nerve to bitch about playing time. I was looking at some numbers and realized that his usage rate is 26.84. If that's not the highest of his career it's pretty close. This while putting up a PER of below 11. He's just an awful player right now and, unfortunately, I don't think it's going to get much better. For some unknown reason his game fell off a cliff last year.

Meanwhile Carlisle is desperately trying to get something out of him because he knows we need him if we're going to do anything. I could hear it in his voice as he talked about Butler on the pre-game show yesterday.
I'm a bit shocked at how bad Butler has really become. He doesn't have the right to even expect playing time with the eggs he's been laying. I'd almost rather give his minutes to Cardinal.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #128
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I'm a bit shocked at how bad Butler has really become. He doesn't have the right to even expect playing time with the eggs he's been laying. I'd almost rather give his minutes to Cardinal.
hey men.This will be crazy.Butler plays bad basketball in this season.We must have to trade him and Cardinal also.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #129
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Is he going to be labeled one of "those guys?" Guys who just get there points in bad situations or on bad teams and once you put structure around them, their results are mind-boggling.

And when I mean mind-boggling, it's boggles your mind.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #130
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

This team almost has me emotionally drained and the season just started.

Bulter must go...the Mavs where undefeated when he didn't play and Terry was playing his best ball, the offense will look way much better when Bulter is gone.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote