Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #561
MavsFanTillDeath

MavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the rough

butler man of the game
MavsFanTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #562
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah did Butler make that?
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #563
Eamjr10

Eamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really niceEamjr10 is just really nice

Great win Mavs, way to make a statement to the rest of the league! The Mavs are here and they are for real
Eamjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #564
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

I fought Butler made shot before 0.0, so why 103 ?
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #565
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
If you check now, they updated it to 106, at least on Yahoo.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #566
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

so like i said on the first page, easy win, could have easily been by 25 or 30 if we didn't put it on cruise control at the end. = )
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #567
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought they wont count shots at the end of regulation if they don't affect the outcome of the game.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #568
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler had 3 blocks and took a charge on both Wade and LeBron.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #569
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

F Miami

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #570
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I thought they wont count shots at the end of regulation if they don't affect the outcome of the game.
Seriously? If it goes through the rim before time expires, pts have been scored.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #571
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Heat has much firepower and Mavs b2b again. So i donĀ“t expect a win. Heat might win this game by 10 or 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Bold words. Dont go back on them
Hmm.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #572
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Terry in last 4 games 18-53
But we won, and that's important.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #573
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah, don't know where you heard that...maybe CadBane said it. They most definitely count, though...there's no special "mercy rule" or anything like that.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #574
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

The blown lead was really unnecessary, the C-man just left Dirk on the bench for too long. Which if you happen to look at the plus minus of Dirk in this game you will agree.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #575
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Nah, don't know where you heard that...maybe CadBane said it. They most definitely count, though...there's no special "mercy rule" or anything like that.
I read it somewhere a while back. Don't remember where but I remember the NBA trying to rid when a player goes up for a layup or hits a shot with time expiring and their team is up a good amount. To keep from padding stats or something of that sort.

But at the moment I can't prove where I read it so I'm totally unreliable right now.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 11-28-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #576
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read it somewhere a while back. Don't remember where but I remember the NBA trying to rid when a player goes up for a layup or hits a shot with time expiring and their team is up a good amount. To keep from padding stats or something of that sort.

But at the moment I can't prove where I read it so I'm totally unreliable right now.
I've never heard that. I think one time a player threw the ball at his own backboard to get an extra rebound to get a triple double or something, but the stat was negated when they realized it was stat padding.

As far as buzzer beating shots go, I believe the old rule was they didn't bother to review shots in the 4th if they had no effect on the outcome; they would just go with whatever the ref saw live. Now they go ahead and review them for the "statistical integrity of the game" or somesuch.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:14 AM   #577
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I've never heard that. I think one time a player threw the ball at his own backboard to get an extra rebound to get a triple double or something, but the stat was negated when they realized it was stat padding.

As far as buzzer beating shots go, I believe the old rule was they didn't bother to review shots in the 4th if they had no effect on the outcome; they would just go with whatever the ref saw live. Now they go ahead and review them for the "statistical integrity of the game" or somesuch.
Ricky Davis, for Cleveland back in '03 or so.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #578
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Terry in last 4 games 18-53
But we won, and that's important.
Maybe last year, we lose all 4. With Caron-Marion, even Chandler now chipping in offensively, we're able to survive an off night from a scorer. I actually like how RC's rotating the lineups now, with Dirk getting an early blow and returning with Barea, who takes Kidd out. On tired legs, it's harder to cool down and warm them up. Kidd runs for 10-11 to start then closes with 7-8 left. I love the ball movement, even Dirk just catches, 1 fake, 1 dribble then shoots or passes. Don't allow the defense to reset itself by having the rock die in someone's hands. Great game, Houston, Minny and Utah this week. No time to rest.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #579
rockd24

rockd24 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know the name of the new warmup song for the Mavericks? It's a rap song they played it just as the Mavericks came out to shootaround. All I can remember from the song is "The jet takes off on the run way" and "your best player just got shut down by the matrix".
rockd24 is offline   Reply With Quote