Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/11608512668897280

Then you give that muthafucka a 6th year. For 3 critical reasons you do that. One to show the Yankees that they can't have everything they want. Two to show other free agents that this is the place to be. Three to have a damn good pitching staff. Then you go after Grienke as well instead of going after Crawford and hopefully add 1 bat (or resign Vlad). That is not pie in the sky stuff - if we sign Lee that all could happen.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Then you go after Grienke as well instead of going after Crawford and hopefully add 1 bat (or resign Vlad). That is not pie in the sky stuff - if we sign Lee that all could happen.
Lee and Grienke? Does anyone think that is an actual possibility?

Lee, Grienke, CJ, Lewis! Would there be a better 4 in the majors?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
If we are truly moving towards a 90-95m payroll as has been discussed, absolutely it is possible. It just depends on whether or not the FO wants to part with Scheppers or Perez to START the negotiations.

Then you add in someone like Holland AND someone like Beltre and you have a pretty good package, but it will likely require someone like Davis as well. It will be a 3+ for 1 deal, depending on the talent of the prospects leaving.

Adding Lee at roughly 23m per and Greinke for 13.5m per raises you up 36.5m. Considering we had a payroll last year of roughly 55m, it can definitely be done. Now, there are internal raises to be figured in and other contracts that have been offered up as well (e.g. Torrealba), but of course some contracts are coming off the books (e.g. Molina).

Bottom line, I think we can fit Lee, Greinke, and Vlad definitely - but not a more expensive bat than his (like my dream scenario of Beltre at 3rd with Young playing DH or 1st).

All I know is that if we can lock up Lee, we would be foolish not to consider also going after Greinke considering the wealth of talent we could find ourselves having at SP. It would also give us an escape valve if CJ ends up moving on to the west coast when he hits FA.

IF we get Lee, get Greinke too. We have the prospects. It fits in our proposed salary structure. Do it.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-06-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Philly has a pretty good 4 and Oakland has a helluva 3, but yeah, we would be pretty damn good. When you factor in that Feliz COULD be our 5th starter (or eventually whoever isn't traded out of Perez/Scheppers)........ Ha - nice position to be in.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 12-06-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

San Francisco has a pretty good 4 or 5.

I'd LOVE to see that rotation, though. I love Greinke.

However, he does kinda scare me with his mentality. I could see him choking in the playoffs.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/11608512668897280

Then you give that muthafucka a 6th year. For 3 critical reasons you do that. One to show the Yankees that they can't have everything they want. Two to show other free agents that this is the place to be. Three to have a damn good pitching staff. Then you go after Grienke as well instead of going after Crawford and hopefully add 1 bat (or resign Vlad). That is not pie in the sky stuff - if we sign Lee that all could happen.
Absolutely. If i had the option to rep you i would.

Crawford doesnt make much sense to me.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote