Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #81
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood is a guy who can easily be a beast or a pushover...you just have to hope you get the good side of the player. He's been huge over the past couple of games while Chandler has been in foul trouble. Stats haven't always been there but Haywood protects that paint in a big way and has shown some shown attitude when protecting it.

You just cringe when he's 10 feet away from the basket and tries to make something happen. Just give the ball to Dirk or Barea and let them penetrate and dive in behind them and dunk it.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #82
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Sorry but I don't know what this word means, and sorry for my poor English.
Why you so like to diss another forum user? I don't diss users, I talk about players.
I just wrote about problems in this team, they need to solve it during season, if they want to win in PO and be champion. I'm happy with 9-winning streak, but as I said before it's a lot of work to do. So Mavs need to eliminate simply mistakes, I want to see progress, but they replay they mistakes, so I'm getting nervous. You can be 8th in RS and you can beat 1st team in PO. I'm JK fan, he isn't young, and it's maybe last chance to get ring.
Other users wrote about this or this problem, or ,,I hate Barea", ,,He sucks", ,,f..k you Barea" etc. and there isn't call a troll, bandwagon, just don't understand this behavior.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #83
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Why you so like to diss another forum user? I don't diss users, I talk about players.
I just wrote about problems in this team, they need to solve it during season, if they want to win in PO and be champion. I'm happy with 9-winning streak, but as I said before it's a lot of work to do. So Mavs need to eliminate simply mistakes, I want to see progress, but they replay they mistakes, so I'm getting nervous. You can be 8th in RS and you can beat 1st team in PO. I'm JK fan, he isn't young, and it's maybe last chance to get ring.
Other users wrote about this or this problem, or ,,I hate Barea", ,,He sucks", ,,f..k you Barea" etc. and there isn't call a troll, bandwagon, just don't understand this behavior.
Despite the lack of punctuation, spelling and grammar, the actual content of this one's posts isn't too bad. At times I get the impression that it's really easy to start your career around here with a couple of red boxes.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a certain etiquette about joining or posting on a new board. First do no harm, as in don't jump on and the first thing out of your keyboard is to begin criticizing the team.

If you do you are going to get ragged on for quite a while and deservedly so...It's sort of like walking into someone's house the first time and ragging on them about something.

As one famous texas ranger said after beating someone senseless:

" I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #85
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
All-Access Pass To Mavs-Kings: 'Night-Night'

Yeah, they’re the “StreakBusters.” On Saturday, the Mavs almost lived up to that moniker as they nearly allowed the Kings to bust their streak of six consecutive losses. But then came “pitching a shutout’’ and retaining composure and … It’s Alive! … That’s nine wins in a row for Dallas with a thoroughly contested and often frustrating 105-103 win … and we’ve got your All-Access Pass in Donuts!

DONUT 1: To understand what led to the win you need look no further than the final 5:24 of the game.

This is in no way meant to disparage the previous moments of impact – we hate it when people say “all you need to watch is the final two minutes’’; really sir? Your demanding microwave-oven life is that busy?

Without some of the earlier goings-on -- such as the defensive shove in the second quarter, Dirk Nowitzki’s dominant offense in the second, or Caron Butler’s swell in the third -- the final minutes would have had little significance. We’ll discuss those momentarily, but the game was won, the season maybe even epitomized, in those final five minutes and twenty-four seconds.

That’s when, as Dallas coach Rick Carlisle says, “it was basically pitching a shutout.’’

At that moment, Dallas trailed by nine points, 99-90.

The Kings were shooting 51.3 percent for the game and seemed to find an answer for every Dallas push. For most of the night, the Dallas defense that had entered the night as the league leader in opponents field-goal percentage (42.8) and stood second in points allowed (91.6) couldn’t consistently get the stops it has become accustomed to.

There was every reason to sink in the frustration, chalk it up as one of those nights you wash away in the visiting locker-room shower and move on.

Then, with 5:24 left in the game, Carlisle called a timeout … and everything changed.

Dallas scored six unanswered points to forge the beginning of what would become a 15-to-4 run that would turn that nine-point deficit into an eighth consecutive victory.

The defense popped its neck, hardened its gaze, flexed its muscles and crushed the Kings’ will, holding them to a 2-of-9 finish … highlighted by the final play of the game.

Sacramento inbounded the ball with 11.5 seconds on the clock. The ball found its way to Carl Landry’s hands. Landry got around Dirk on the perimeter only to find Tyson Chandler sliding over and closing any lane that may have once been.

With nowhere to go, Landry leapt into the air, search for an out and found only another closed lane … Jason Terry picked off his errant pass, hurled the ball forward towards Jason Kidd and the game was over.

What was said in the huddle to set it all up?

“There was about 1:15 left and I told the guys, ‘Look, from here on out, they don’t score,’’ said the proprietor of Chandler’s Heart-and-Soul Food Diner. “They ended up scoring one basket, but we did an excellent job of making it tough on them."
Corrected Jet: “Do you want me to tell you what he really said? ‘Go night-night,’ that’s what he said. ‘Go night-night.’”

A win … not exactly as designed … but a win none the less.

And everybody went night-night.

DONUT 2: So, what of those previous moments of impact? Two of them came in the second quarter.

We’ll begin with where this team has attempted to define their identity: defense. … what Terry and Carlisle, so very much speaking the same language now, both call “Mavericks Basketball.’’

The Kings sprinted out of the gate by shooting 19-of-29 (65.5-percent) over the first quarter and into the second as they jumped to a 12-point lead.

As it did to end the game, the Dallas defense then imposed itself on the Kings, who went 3-of-16 (18.7-percent) from the floor to end the first half, and the Mavs cut the lead to one.

Also in the second quarter, Dirk Nowitzki got hot. Of his game-high 25 points (tied with Tyreke Evans), 15 came in the second quarter on 6-of-7 field-goal attempts.

Dirk finished with 25 points on 11-of-15 shooting, five rebounds, five assists and one huge block late the in game when Tyson Chandler again provided some help defense in the form of a wall between Landry (again) and the rim, allowing Dirk to move in for the swat.

“Dirk got his hands on the ball, his man drives, I rotate, get the steal. It's just like we draw it up in practice every day,’’ says Terry. “Mavericks Basketball.’’

DONUT 3: Speaking of Dirk’s scoring: early in the contest Nowitzki moved up a spot in the NBA’s all-time scoring list, surpassing Hal Greer to be No. 26 … yes, only 25 players in the history of the NBA have totaled more points than Dallas’ own Dirk Nowitzki.

Next up at No. 25: Larry Bird … only 182 points away.

DONUT 4: With 11.8 seconds remaining in the game and Dallas up two, 105-103, J.J. Barea stepped to the free-throw line for two attempts … and missed them both.

Thanks to the help defense from Chandler and the steal by Terry, this needn’t be a moment that haunts Barea.

Prior to this moment, Barea was having another strong performance with seven points, six assists, three rebounds and one steal … and was tied with Jason Terry for the leading plus/minus stat on the Mavs: +9.

Two items worth noting here:

*Don’t make JJB a whipping post today; he was central to the Dallas comeback, Carlisle recognizing that his skill set fits Sacto.

*Immediately after missing the pair – really, something that shouldn’t happen to a 5-10 point guard shooting 80 percent from the line – Tyson Chandler rushed to the kid to give him a hug of encouragement. To us, that’s as critical an angle as the actual misses.

DONUT 5: As a scorer, welcome home, Jason Terry!

Over the past six games, Terry had been averaging 10.7 points per, while shooting 35.4 percent. He’d managed to help the team in other ways – notice that he was on the floor as a defensive game-closer! -- but consistent scoring wasn’t one of them.

Saturday, Terry went for 23 points on 7-of-14 shooting to go with three assists and a steal.

We say this often and we’ll say it again: If the Mavs have four or five of their nine guys playing well at the same time, “depth’’ actually matters and they can compete with anyone on any night. But man, it sure is helpful if Jet is one of the four or five.

DONUT 6: Caron Butler started the game slow. In the first half he was 1-of-6 from the floor for only two points, two rebounds, one assist and two turnovers (both on offensive fouls).

For the first time in four games Butler did not shoot 50 percent or higher, but he came close. Butler scored 11 points in the third quarter on 3-of-4 shooting. (The third quarter seems to be his bag now, maybe because he knows that Carlisle is going to give his spot to defensive ace Shawn Marion in the fourth quarter?)

Caron finished with 13 points, five rebounds and a steal in only 26 minutes of action.

Again, he didn’t see the court in the final quarter as Carlisle turned to The 3-PG Attack lineup to close things out.

Personally, we would have liked to see Butler get a few minutes in the fourth after his play in the third … but understand the need for Barea’s penetration, Terry’s offense and Jason Kidd’s defense on Evans (who only scored 2 of his 25 in the fourth quarter).

And … hard to argue with a win.

DONUT 7: The Mavs centers didn’t dominate the paint … at least not until they had to … but they did have a generally sound game.

Tyson Chandler scored 10 points, seven rebounds, one assist, one steal and one block.

Brendan Haywood added nine points, two rebounds and three blocks.

And, their minutes were split almost right down the middle: Chandler (24.5) and Haywood (23.5).

Both had their moments at both ends of the court with big blocks and powerful dunks.

Yet, it was Tyson Chandler who deserves the praise that landed on Haywood in the previous game. Particularly late in the game, Chandler was a ghost haunting any who dared enter the paint. His help defense not only protected his teammates, it won the game.

Night-night.

DONUT 8: Saturday night marked only the fourth time a team has scored 100 or more points against Dallas … and 103 matched the most they’ve given up all season.

Sacramento also scored 37 points in the first quarter, the most any opponent has put up in a single period against Dallas.

“It was a disappointing start,’’ Carlisle says. “It was our worst defensive quarter of the season, giving up 37 in the first.’’

DONUT 9: Jason Kidd continues to struggle with his shot. Already hovering around his career worst field-goal percentage (37.2 percent prior to the Kings game), Kidd went 2-of-10 Saturday night, including only 1-of-8 from behind the arc … and a few of those 3-point attempts were truly ugly.

Yet, when the game was on the line, he was clutch enough.

With 28.7 seconds left in the game and the Mavs up two, Kidd calmly walked to the free-throw line and sank both of his attempts, building the lead to four. And, we should add, he’s the guy who finally put the lid on Tyreke, an athletic freak who is eventually vulnerable to the likes of Kidd because he plays with the savvy of a Kindergarten dropout.

In retrospect, we might prefer that some of those J-Kidd desperation treys in the final quarter be shot by somebody else (Dirk, say, could’ve had more touches.) But we understand that we must live with the occasional Kidd Knuckleball, and that with a six-game home stand starting up, Jason can get into his gym and get comfy with his shot.

DONUT 10: Speaking of hanging out at the AAC ... we're throwing our DB.com Night at the Mavs on Dec. 28! It's Raptors at Mavs, and tickets that are now going for up to $22 apiece can be had in the DB.com Store! for ... well, pretty much for free. Because for $22, you get TWO tickets, the special-edition T-shirt, and a meet-and-greet at the game! Check it!

DONUT 11: That, right there, is probably as well as the 4-14 Kings can play (if that is any solace to the worried Mavs fan). Old friend Paul Westphal stuck DeMarcus Cousins and Beno Udrih into his starting lineup, but this thing is still the Tyreke Show … and the kid’s head simply isn’t screwed on very tight. Either is Cousins’ – watching him pout and pose was entertaining for us but not very productive for them – and somebody might want to remind him that he’s a rookie who has done nothing.

DeMarcus does get one or two things right, though:

"They're one of the best teams in the league,’’ Cousins says, “but we had the game won.’’

DONUT 12: The final score doesn’t give it away, but Sacramento entered the contest against Dallas with a 2-8 record at home.

Dallas came with a 7-1 record on the road.

It was close, but the trends did hold.

Another trend that held … this was the seventh straight victory over the Kings by the Mavs.

DONUT 13: Both teams were on the tail end of back-to-backs. Sacramento lost badly Friday night in Los Angeles to the Lakers, 113-80 … while Dallas plowed their way to a victory in Utah, 93-81.

The Mavs are now 4-0 on the second night of back-to-backs this season. We made the argument on the FS Southwest “Mavs Live’’ pregame show – and we’re sticking with it – that given the light minutes recorded by Kidd, Chandler and Caron the night before, the Mavs were really playing on the second night of a “half-and-back,’’ that this shouldn’t have been the same as the usual b2b burden.

After giving up 37 in the first, we guess some Dallas players’ minds and bodies didn’t feel the same way. … and that it took until the final five minutes and twenty-four seconds for the minds and bodies to get caught up.

Or maybe it’s not about minds and bodies. Maybe it’s about “spirit.’’

When you’re going good and your spirit is really good,’’ Carlisle says, “you win games like this.’’

http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1028363.html

I highlighted the part which struck me the most. Tyson is such a great teammate. I'm sure some if not all of the players (including the fans) were a little perturbed and annoyed that JJ missed those 2 FTs. But to take the time to try to make the kid feel better, after missing those 2 FTs, speaks well of this guy's character and how he has stepped up to become one of the leaders of this team.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the game again and I love with 3:42 left in the game when Dirk swung his arm forward and screamed "YEAH!" after making that lay-up from Chandler's cross-court heave.

It's good to be a Mavs fan.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1028363.html

I highlighted the part which struck me the most. Tyson is such a great teammate. I'm sure some if not all of the players (including the fans) were a little perturbed and annoyed that JJ missed those 2 FTs. But to take the time to try to make the kid feel better, after missing those 2 FTs, speaks well of this guy's character and how he has stepped up to become one of the leaders of this team.
Well, no point in completely killing the kid's confidence when you still need him to play defense.

Smart team move by Chandler - always stick by your teammates because you're gonna need them to win the game (it sounds like common sense, but sense isn't always so common in the NBA...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-05-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #88
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been mentioned but Barea did have a good game, despite the two missed free throws. There were many other reasons, outside of those free throws, the Mavs could go to when pinpointing the loss if they were on the losing end, you can imagine Rick saying that.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #89
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Those ft misses didn't bother me that much. Barea finally looks decent again.

The confidence in the defense has won us these games. There aren't many defenders in the league better than Chandler....if any.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #90
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, no point in completely killing the kid's confidence when you still need him to play defense.

Smart team move by Chandler - always stick by your teammates because you're gonna need them to win the game (it sounds like common sense, but sense isn't always so common in the NBA...)
I very much agree with what you're saying. I guess it struck me as something really nice because although most players are supportive of their teammates (i.e. they won't say anything bad to further aggravate the situation), it's nice to get that actual hug or tap after missing crucial FTs down the stretch. Others would probably just go into the huddle and not talk about it so they can concentrate on the ensuing play. But for Tyson to go there to show his support for the kid is great.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #91
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post
I very much agree with what you're saying. I guess it struck me as something really nice because although most players are supportive of their teammates (i.e. they won't say anything bad to further aggravate the situation), it's nice to get that actual hug or tap after missing crucial FTs down the stretch. Others would probably just go into the huddle and not talk about it so they can concentrate on the ensuing play. But for Tyson to go there to show his support for the kid is great.
Tyson Chandler is proving to be one of the better character guys in the league right now - despite how cliché it sounds, he really is the heart & soul of this team...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #92
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Announcers were funny- not terribly knowledgable and downright boring but they covered the game fairly and weren't homers or whiners.

Mavs were listless and didn't move their feet but still had enough energy in spurts to pull it out I'm the end. Wed have been blown out in past years for sure. You don't come in that listless and tired aNd win against a team that is hitting everything. You just don't.

Not the best win and it'll sink us In Hollinger's eyes but it's a great indicator of just how Ballsy this team can be when tired even when key players are sucking. It's a trap game- it's that game we statistically should win in but also one of "those games" that teams inevitably lose but we pulled it off
Don't know if someboy else wrote it yet (i'm on page 1) but we're actually third place now. Win is a win! Back to reading the thread.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #93
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
Yes, it's a tough crowd, but it still the best Mavs forum on the whole internets, i'm telling you, so stick around, and contribute.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-05-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #94
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I had to watch this one from the gamecast on my phone... and I'm really sad that I missed the GDT. I bet it was epic craziness.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #95
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you count out that first quarter our Mavs held the Kings to 66 points on 40.6% Shooting over the final three quarters (if I counted right as the first quarter should be 13 out of 19 for the Kings). Thats still very impressive, although I am aware of cherry-picking here.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #96
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Well if you count out that first quarter our Mavs held the Kings to 66 points on 40.6% Shooting over the final three quarters (if I counted right as the first quarter should be 13 out of 19 for the Kings). Thats still very impressive, although I am aware of cherry-picking here.
How did you feel about JJB's performance?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #97
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

If Chandler was a better teammate he would have just taken out his gun and put the midget out of his misery.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #98
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
How did you feel about JJB's performance?
Despite missing on both of that clutch FTs he was a huge part of the second unit that, among other things, absorbed a horrible shooting night of Jason Kidd. Why shouldn't you like a 7 pt (50% FG%) 6 ast night of your backup pg? By the way: He led our Mavs in plus/minus with +9 alongside Jason Terry.

Barea 4Q performance: 2-2 FG 1 AST 2 TO forced (1 steal, 1 offensive foul).
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #99
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
For the Mavericks & Jason Terry, the Past Drives & Motivates

Looking at it historically, 2009-2010 was a year that the Jet did not fly high. You would have to go back to his days in Atlanta to find shooting numbers that were worse than what he did last season. His shooting disappeared in the playoffs as he only shot 37.7% from the field in their first round series against the San Antonio Spurs. Terry has been known as a streaky shooter but that performance was one that lingered and was a source of motivation for the guard.

Terry's numbers have sputtered a little over the last five games, but his overall shooting numbers are still up versus the numbers last season. The Mavericks are 7-2 this season when Terry hits two or more 3-pointers. Terry's coach attributes the resurgence for his game to two things: Pride and a Great Summer's work. "Last was a down year for him and a down year for our team," said coach Rick Carlisle. "It didn't go the way we wanted it to with the playoffs. It's something he took personally and we all did, we just went back at it and worked harder."
you can read more @ http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12...ives-motivates
Old 12-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #100
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I had to watch this one from the gamecast on my phone... and I'm really sad that I missed the GDT. I bet it was epic craziness.
Craziness? You mean immature blow ups and premature declarations of loss just a couple minutes into the 4th quarter? I know we are prone to overreaction, but to see more than one person giving up with 10 minutes to go shocked me.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #101
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Missed this game due to personal reasons.....

Thank god for the Dirkster.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #102
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to Carl Landry? He was a straight beast in Houston. Played with a ton of energy always attacking the rim and trying to throw people in if they got in his way. Now he's put on a little too much weight and doesn't really seem to care as much. He went from a rich mans Brandon Bass to a poor mans Brandon Bass. Hard to believe that he was the centerpiece of the Kevin Martin deal.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:33 AM   #103
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
What happened to Carl Landry? He was a straight beast in Houston. Played with a ton of energy always attacking the rim and trying to throw people in if they got in his way. Now he's put on a little too much weight and doesn't really seem to care as much. He went from a rich mans Brandon Bass to a poor mans Brandon Bass. Hard to believe that he was the centerpiece of the Kevin Martin deal.
i was kind of wondering the same thing. probably sick of losing. and sick of Divas.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #104
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He flew way to close to the Uber-Sun...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #105
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

^I'm sure playing for the Kings doesn't help. They are pretty much beyond terrible so far.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #106
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What happened to Carl Landry? He was a straight beast in Houston.....Hard to believe that he was the centerpiece of the Kevin Martin deal.
I was thinking the same thing watching this game...he has such an interesting skill set for a guy his size.

Probably just wasted in Sactown.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #107
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Haywood is miles better than Damp could ever have been...yet when Chandler is in, Haywood looks like a complete scrub. Not to bash on Haywood, just Chandler is in a different category altogether
right now.
until he gets hurt or otherwise reverts?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #108
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
How would you guys rather lose? Sucks to be a Kings fan haha

1. Blowout

2. Play extremely well but lose in the last minute

3. Name your situation
kings aren't playoff bound, so they aren't playing for record this year. playing well against a good opponent and barely losing is much much MUCH better than looking like dogspit against the Lakers the night before. BOth are losses in teh final standings... but who cares?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #109
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Craziness? You mean immature blow ups and premature declarations of loss just a couple minutes into the 4th quarter? I know we are prone to overreaction, but to see more than one person giving up with 10 minutes to go shocked me.

I love GDT chaos....sorry I missed the pearl-clutching when JJ missed his FT's.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 12-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #110
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I love GDT chaos....sorry I missed the pearl-clutching when JJ missed his FT's.

Heh....it is kind of entertaining...especially when some early-prognositicator gets out there...then everyone brutalizes them......

that I like.