Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-09-2003, 12:20 AM   #81
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to add that I really loved the defensive intensity that the Mavs came out with in the 2nd half. They still kept the high powered offense, but when we have the offense going and play defense like we did in the 2nd quarter it is almost impossible to beat us.

By the way Raef good impersonation of Bradley tonight. We're 26-0 with Bradley getting a double-double over the last 3 years. We're 2-0 this year when Raef gets a double-double. Maybe its just the 5 spot? Whatever, I really liked it.

Also, I don't think Dirk did any significant damage to his MVP chances tonight.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:25 AM   #82
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

LRB...do you have to bring up Walton this early, man ? The thought is enough to send me back to bed.

I finally got out tonight and watched the game with my son with friends. Sorry, I missed everyone. If Raef keeps playing this well, I'm going to have to put a seatbelt on my son.

I've got a lot of catching up to do on all of the threads, but I'm very happy to see that Sturm is posting. But I still don't like the green hair (it's a joke, it's a joke). Anyone that hates smallball is a friend of mine. Le Roi may well help to tone that down. heard that Dirk called him "The Man"...that's good enough for me.

it may be on another thread BUT...how Did Shawn get hurt, anyway ?
Old 01-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #83
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

OP: Sorry about naming the unmentionable one. Don't want you to have a relapse since you've been sick. Also, please avoid the thread that talks about his Tee Pee until you fully recover.

Yes, it good to see Sturm is still posting, and adding to the board. I do agree with you over the hair though, really should be blue since this is a Mavs board after all (just joking about he hair also).

I don't know for sure when Shawn got hurt, but my guess would be the play last game where he got the T. I saw him rubbing his thigh afterwards.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #84
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

It was great to see the Raef that (almost) any Mavs' fan was waiting for. He gave us more confidence last night, indeed. Better buy the seatbelt OP.

Dirk was simply amazing as always. It seems the team is playing better again; it was flatted in the second qtr but the Hawks were in the second half: that means a lot, another tactic in hand, maybe.

<< Anyone that hates smallball is a friend of mine. Le Roi may well help to tone that down. heard that Dirk called him &quot;The Man&quot;...that's good enough for me. >>

I wonder if there is somebody who likes smallball, better said, &quot;Nellie ball&quot; (I´m learning bad things over here). Write down my name in your list. You´re right, if Dirk named him &quot;The Man&quot;, he has to be very good, maybe better than Harrington (I hope we can sontinue to make jokes and sarcasms from time to time).

<< By the way Raef good impersonation of Bradley tonight. >>

It wasn´t, LaF scored 26. They are different kind of players. Something good appears always when something bad does: LaF played 43 minutes last night! Nobody played same or more.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:00 PM   #85
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

I don't know if this was mentioned, but the funniest play of the game last night was when Dickau (sp?) made a desperate 3 point shot attempt when he heard in the background the normal Donnie countdown 5..4..3..2.. The funny part: Dickau messed up because an Atlanta player made an offensive rebound which reset the clock and passed it out to Dickau. Dickau clanged the shot and we scored on the other end...I bet the Mavs coaching staff were laughing their heads off!!!