Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cuban Calls Prokhorov A P***y

Quote:
DALLAS - If this turns into anything more than playful teasing from one outspoken NBA owner to another, let it be known that Mark Cuban threw the first punch at Mikhail Prokhorov.

And he started with a haymaker.

"He's a *****," Cuban quipped Thursday when asked about Prokhorov.

Cuban, who spoke while on his exercise bike in the Mavericks locker room, lifted his head up to smile, and then continued to verbally jab at the Nets' new owner.

"(Prokhorov) doesn't come to games," Cuban said. "Who the hell knows?"

Cuban finished his pregame workout and took his usual spot along the Mavericks bench, where he watched his team dismantle the Nets, 102-89, behind a balanced attack from Dirk Nowitzki (21 points), Shawn Marion (18), Caron Butler (15) and Jason Terry (15). The game marked the return of Avery Johnson, who was fired by Cuban in 2008 after guiding the Mavericks to the Finals in 2006.

But while Cuban gave his former employee nothing but praise, he used every opportunity to take playful digs at the billionaire Russian.

"When (Johnson) was with us, the expectation was to win a championship," Cuban said. "I don't think that's the situation right now with the Nets. I think he recognizes that his job is progress more than rings right now. But you never know. If Prokhorov does what I did to try to make deals and get something before the trade deadline then all that changes.

"But, you know, building a true professional team means having to spend money. We just haven't seen it."
Asked if there was any added motivation to beat Prokhorov's team, Cuban responded, "Who?"

Prokhorov, who is known for his witty remarks about the Knicks, may want to add Cuban one-liners to his arsenal. He has attended four Nets games this season, preferring the executive suite to courtside. He watched the Nov. 24 game against the Hawks in casual wear - jeans and a sweatshirt - a Cuban trademark.

"Totally different," said Johnson, comparing the two owners. "(Prokhorov) sits in a suite and I barely even see him sometimes after the games. But in a lot of ways they are the same, even though they're different."

On the court, however, it's becoming increasingly difficult for Prokhorov to defend the bold predictions he made after buying the team last year. The Nets (6-17) got 24 points from Brook Lopez but lost their sixth straight game Thursday night and remain in the Eastern Conference basement. They cut Dallas' lead to five in the third quarter before folding down the stretch. The Mavericks (18-4) won their 11th straight.
Adding injury to insult, Devin Harris sprained his shoulder in the first quarter and didn't return. Rookie Derrick Favors missed his first game with a thigh contusion.

Prokhorov wasn't Cuban's only target. While praising Johnson's stint in Dallas, Cuban said Johnson's coaching predecessor, Don Nelson, "basically quit on us.

"(Nelson) was telling anybody that would listen that we were barely a playoff team at all."

Cuban and Nelson were involved in a financial feud that was settled in arbitration. Nelson, the one-time Knicks coach, was paid more than $7 million in owed salary.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz17h3bQqz9

lol

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He sure did and he raved about AJs Family Christmas cards.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

You can't control what the owner do.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban 1.

Prokhorov 0.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

In print, it's going to look malicious. I can verify, it was very tongue-in-cheek.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think most people reading that will know just how much Cuban likes playful verbal pugilism.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Prokhorov wasn't Cuban's only target. While praising Johnson's stint in Dallas, Cuban said Johnson's coaching predecessor, Don Nelson, "basically quit on us.
That's the real story here. I'm surprised nobody's talking about that. That aint tongue in cheek at all. That's pretty damn harsh (and true.)

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-10-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what happened with Cubes and Prokhorov but I really don't think he should have said this to the media. I would think he's going to get fined (Yet again) for this. No way Stern will allow one owner to publicly insult another owner.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Billanaires being billanaires. And us peasants run our mouth about it.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #10
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=5906027

"I think Mark has it wrong. I don't like cats," he said in a statement released by the team.

He probably likes miniature giraffes.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban and Prokhorov are funny dudes.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

btw Cuban at least got into his billiones by working hard and coming up with a great business plan.

Prokarov is a billionaire through taking adavntage of thousands to millions of poor russian people. While he is petting his mini giraffe dudes are dying in the snow.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #13
Dim499
Platinum Member

Kapitalism, I haz it
Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=5906027

"I think Mark has it wrong. I don't like cats," he said in a statement released by the team.

He probably likes miniature giraffes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkB9OT2XVvA

Thanks for reminding me of this awsome commercial .

"I jump in it"