Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #121
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The major question with just about any knee injury is ligament damage. So I was commenting on your question by mentioning that I don't think XRays rule out that major fear.
They don't. I once had a shoulder injury (ripped off anterior and inferior glenoid labrum) and that is not visible on XRays. To see injuries on ligaments, labrums etc. you need a MRI.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #122
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I hope Dirk is alright and whon't miss that much time.

This was a HUGE win and I would like to apologize for the "Trade Butler" post I made weeks ago...he's playing great right now and I can't even hate.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #123
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

What's up losers? haha, joke, calm down. I'm posting from OK here. I don't feel the refs had anything to do with the outcome. Dallas is simply a better team. I mean you HAVE to defend 4 of 5 Dallas starters to 25 feet. That's tough. OKC..you have to guard KD and you have to sort of pay attention to Green from the outside when he's on (which is not often). OKC is just not a great perimeter shooting team. Harden is another guy you have to pay attention to, but that's really about it from the perimeter. Dallas simply suffocated OKC in the 4th quarter. Too many veteran players making smart plays and wanting to win. That's tough to beat. Can someone please tell Chandler to calm the hell down though? My God. I mean I appreciate the energy, but he's teetering on just flat out being an a$$hole! And don't tell me you don't know why I'd say that!

Sorry. I posted this in the wrong thread earlier.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #124
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

It looks like Butler's work in the off season DID help him. He does look a lot quicker than last season. He still shoots a lot of jump shots but it looks like he can get to the rim much easier.

Last edited by Fragism; 12-28-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #125
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
What's up losers? haha, joke, calm down. I'm posting from OK here. I don't feel the refs had anything to do with the outcome. Dallas is simply a better team. I mean you HAVE to defend 4 of 5 Dallas starters to 25 feet. That's tough. OKC..you have to guard KD and you have to sort of pay attention to Green from the outside when he's on (which is not often). OKC is just not a great perimeter shooting team. Harden is another guy you have to pay attention to, but that's really about it from the perimeter. Dallas simply suffocated OKC in the 4th quarter. Too many veteran players making smart plays and wanting to win. That's tough to beat. Can someone please tell Chandler to calm the hell down though? My God. I mean I appreciate the energy, but he's teetering on just flat out being an a$$hole! And don't tell me you don't know why I'd say that!

Sorry...Chandlers has to be more emotional to make up for the rest of the guys...He's just fine. And he was putting on a show last night for sure, he wanted it pretty bad.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #126
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Butler is getting a lot more arc on his 3 point shot this year, I have noticed that
I haven't noticed that this year, but I remember last year his shot was a freaking cruise missile, so that's good.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #127
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I hope Dirk is alright and whon't miss that much time.

This was a HUGE win and I would like to apologize for the "Trade Butler" post I made weeks ago...he's playing great right now and I can't even hate.
This was like his second worst game of the month, too. He's been very, very good these past few weeks (really dating back to the first game of a 12 game win streak).
Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #128
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sorry...Chandlers has to be more emotional to make up for the rest of the guys...He's just fine. And he was putting on a show last night for sure, he wanted it pretty bad.
Ah..I hate the guy at times, but I guess he's not that bad. I don't guess he's really a dirty player or anything. Him and Ibaka kind of get into it some, but nothing dirty. They are just 2 very physical players. Terry got the hell booed out of him for his little parade at half court after the final buzzer, but I hear he was being taunted quite a bit by a fan at courtside the whole game. OKC could learn a lot watch Dallas. Their ability to set picks and pass the ball and find the open shot is remarkable.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I fully understand that when your owner commits $55M (or whatever the guaranteed portion is) to a player then you have to give him every chance to get it together but at what point do we just bench Haywood? At least Mahinmi will play hard.
A very good question. I suspect the answer is "never", but Rick has at least gone to Mahinmi in small doses every once in a while.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #130
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post

It's annoying when someone with that much emotion is playing against you. You love it when he's playing for you.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #131
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

@thunderfan: When Chandler did play for the Hornets against the Mavs, every Mavsfan hated him i guess, but now everyone loves him. That´s how it is.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #132
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The way Chandler was pumped up at the end im pretty sure there were some serious trash talk or hidden ellbows in the game...

So i guess better not just to blame Chandler...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #133
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I still have trust in this team to turn Haywood around.

Because they have so good arguments, Haywood is really crying about 20 instead of 28min and bench instead of starter? He really would prefer to play as example as starter in Toronto to pile up the losses just for the gods sake to be a starter and play 6-8min more?

Terry, Marion off the bench, Butler often benched for Marion in the 4th. There are so many good examples why Haywood has no reason whatsoever to cry...

Last edited by sefant77; 12-28-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #134
thunderfan

There was a bit of trash talk...I know Harden had some words with Barea there after a foul he committed on Harden on a fast break. I think Harden said something along the lines of "seriously..don't do it again" The refs came in and sort of broke it up. It was a clean game. I don't think anyone threw any elbows or anything. There was the usual pushing and shoving donw low with Chandler, Ibaka, and Krstic. I think Chandler pretty much flung Krstic to the floor for his 4th foul. I can live with that..that's not necessarily dirty play. Yeah, I guess you either love or hate Chandler, he's one of those players.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #135
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite fascinating that other teams haven't figured out our zone yet.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #136
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I say its a serious lack of basketball fundamentals, specially if you see all the "young stars" clueless what to do...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #137
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Maybe rejecting the trade for Chandler might have something to do with his attitude towards the Thunder. One of those " you didn't want me so I'll show you" and he did.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #138
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The reason why they haven't figured it out is because they haven't really been practicing against it. In the playoffs, when you see the same team for 4-7 games, the opponent will start to break down tape, and practice against it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #139
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else catch this in the nba.com's writeup?
Quote:
An Oklahoma City Thunder fan sitting in courtside seats at the end of the Thunder bench razzed Mavs guard Jason Terry for much of the game as Terry got off to a 1-for-9 start, missing eight shots in a row during one stretch. But in the critical fourth quarter Terry was 5-for-8 and after every make he pointed to the fan as he went back down court. "I thought it fired our guys up," said Mavs assistant Dwane Casey.
http://www.nba.com/games/20101227/DALOKC/gameinfo.html
Old 12-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #140
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Maybe rejecting the trade for Chandler might have something to do with his attitude towards the Thunder. One of those " you didn't want me so I'll show you" and he did.
He showed them back in Nov. He had a decent game last night. One of my only consolations was seeing Ibaka just destroy that one handed soaring dunk attempt of his. I'd say a zone is a good way to play OKC because they are one of the worst perimeter shooting teams in the NBA.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #141
thunderfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Anyone else catch this in the nba.com's writeup?http://www.nba.com/games/20101227/DALOKC/gameinfo.html
yeah that guy sits in that seat a lot. OKC fans are generally pretty tame in terms of harassing the opposing team. We have a great crowd that gets pretty loud, but generally you don't see too much of that heckling.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #142
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

What i did like about Haywood. He had the ball in the low post gave it back out, got it back and the made a move to the basket. Instead of shooting a difficult hook shot he gave the ball to Marion for an easier floater. In the last games he would have taken the shot!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #143
thunderfan

OKC shoulda ran the piss out of Haywood. I think I could beat that guy down the floor walking on my hands. I guess they pretty much did take advantage of Haywood's....shortcomings..as he was one of only two Mavs players with a negative +/-, and his was -8 to the other guys -2.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #144
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching one of the barry's on nbatv breaking down our zone and it pretty much looks like man out there when someone is in the area..and they react like man on a drive. We'll see if someone figures it out or not..the thunder were kind of stupid I thought, they were jacking shots up with 20seconds left on the clock. I mean come on...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-28-2010 at 10:39 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #145
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Pure Guts. As a true MAVS FAN, I cannot be more proud of the guys. They could have easily folded. Chandler kept the defense grounded....has anyone else noticed how the refs are not so giving to TC? What will make this win even that much sweeter is if we come out tonight and put Toronto on its heels from the start and keep them there, all with Dirk sitting out giving a much needed break to his knee.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #146
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if it has been posted yet:

-----------------

When the Dallas Mavericks walked into their locker room at halftime Monday night, Dirk Nowitzki asked them the score. Jason Terry told him it was tied. "Oh, then you got 'em," Nowitzki said. "I'll just take the night off."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz19QGY4wI8

-----------------

You gotta like that!
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #147
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I do not support the cockiness of this thread title.
The Celtics and Spurs are the only two teams in the league with season records similar to ours and we beat 'em both - I'm not rescinding my statement until proven otherwise.

(also, you're likely to get toxic shock syndrome if you don't change your tampons regularly...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-28-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #148
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

i think dirk will be fine.. mri is more of a precaution i think. prolly will rest tonight and wear a knee sleeve for a few weeks. i dont see him missing the game vs the spurs. dirk doesnt really elevate much so i dont think his knees arechronically bad (unlike KG). dirks game is fairly low impact on his body.

Last edited by Lor20; 12-28-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #149
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Don't know if it has been posted yet:

-----------------

When the Dallas Mavericks walked into their locker room at halftime Monday night, Dirk Nowitzki asked them the score. Jason Terry told him it was tied. "Oh, then you got 'em," Nowitzki said. "I'll just take the night off."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz19QGY4wI8

-----------------

You gotta like that!
lol, he knew if the Mavs were tied when Terry had yet to show up, it was done deal for the 2nd half.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #150
tcat075
Diamond Member

UD's right, as of right now we are clearly the team to beat in the NBA. If the playoffs started today, I wouldn't say that, but right now we are.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12...-than-it-looks
Quote:
Remaining the Same...Its Harder Than It Looks

The Mavericks sure seem invincible. Of course, Maverick fans know not to get to cocky, but about thirty games in, this team looks very much like the number one team the ESPN Power Rankings says they are. Boston? Beat them. Miami? Yup, twice. San Antonio? Mmhmm. Utah? Denver? New Orleans? Yes, yes, and yes.

Championships are not awarded in December, but right now, the Mavericks greatest enemy appears to be themselves. Wait, don't tune be out just because of that overused, beaten down cliche. Because while it may just be a saying, its very true. Right now, the team is playing great basketball, but some of the key parts of this team are still relatively untrustworthy. Here's the top three probable reasons for the Mavericks' current play to drop off significantly. And yes, by probable, I mean that I'm not going to put Dirk getting a season ending injury on here, because he's one of the most durable players in the NBA.

3) Caron Butler's Three Point Percentage Falling Off

Now, when I say "fall off", I'm not saying if Butler's current mark of 44.8% goes to 40.2%, or 38.8%, or 41.2%. No, what I'm scared of is Caron falling all the way down to last season's mark of 34%. Its not just the three point shooting...we survived it last year, and that was without a Three-venson hitting 50% from deep. However, Caron has finally found his niche in the Maverick offense, and in December is shooting 49% from the field and 47% from beyond the arc, averaging 16 points per contest. His spot up three pointers in the corner seems to be replacing some of his wing isolations, which only slows down the offense and disrupts the flow. I'm afraid any significant dip in his long distance launches will ruin all the good chemistry he has built on the offensive end. Consistent offense from him as the third option, especially having an inconsistent second option that we do, is very important to help spell Dirk and put points up early in the game.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #151
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The reason why they haven't figured it out is because they haven't really been practicing against it. In the playoffs, when you see the same team for 4-7 games, the opponent will start to break down tape, and practice against it.
This is my concern with the zone as well.

My counter-reasoning says that the Mavs play zone better than any team in NBA history due to their length, chemistry and experience with it so perhaps it will be harder to solve. It also says the Mavs play zone differently than the conventional zone so perhaps it will also be harder to solve. The Mavs trap hard along the sidelines, almost creating a third defender, and force a lot of turnovers that way vs. just protecting the paint. Between the wishing and hoping though, the Mavs also don't really have an alternative solution to stopping waterbug PGs sans Roddy so I think the main optino now is to just get as good as they can at the zone and knock teams out before it gets to 6 or 7.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #152
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Woke up and immediately checked Twitter. Still no word on the German?
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #153
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
No, nothing yet.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #154
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
It's still early in the morning and MRI's take a bit of time - we probably won't hear anything until this afternoon...

Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #155
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
UD's right, as of right now we are clearly the team to beat in the NBA.
I'd put less stress on "best" and more on "team"... We're no longer Dirk & Scrubs - we're a squad that's firing on all cylinders and playing well enough to beat one of the better teams in the league without our franchise player.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-28-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #156
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Does anyone know if there's a recording of this game anywhere online? I'm sad to say I missed it.
You're welcome and free to choose:

http://rapidshare.com/files/43964937...nder.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43964945...nder.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43964946...nder.part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43964944...nder.part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43964929...nder.part5.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/43964894...nder.part6.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1SLC77
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTE3RMIK
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEHF1F45
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PS71M2SV
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=258LI78A
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HLL3ONYU

http://hotfile.com/dl/92546259/3edec...part1.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/92547546/63be1...part2.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/92549001/ebda8...part3.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/92550157/d2d0e...part4.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/92551400/83411...part5.rar.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/92552660/0f96c...part6.rar.html

http://www.filesonic.com/file/486551...nder.part1.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/486585...nder.part2.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/486622...nder.part3.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/486636...nder.part4.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/486659...nder.part5.rar
http://www.filesonic.com/file/486674...nder.part6.rar

http://www.fileserve.com/file/ZxYfPZ...nder.part1.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/ZyckGq...nder.part2.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/FcquzF...nder.part3.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/6Jrh2Y...nder.part4.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/tqVWMe...nder.part5.rar
http://www.fileserve.com/file/GeqemZ...nder.part6.rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
JJ got his second lowest total in logged minutes of the season. It was only 16 seconds short of a season-low.
At the same time, Kidd logged almost 36 minutes which was necessary due to him playing a great game and Dirk being sidelined. I know there are debates about having Jet play some minutes at the point guard spot, however, if that didn't work out, I would prefer Kidd to only play 32 minutes and give a couple more minutes to JJB. We need Kidd in April and I don't mind seeing JJB on the court in December as long as it helps us keeping Kidd fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm gonna say again what I said in the GDT: this is a mindset we haven't seen from the Mavs since around March 2007. Chandler's energy has made this team absolutely nasty again.
And I have to quote it again to point out the truth in it. It's not just Chandler. Marion and Kidd were all over the place, DeShawn has become a great role player, Jet was fired up as well and Butler literally smashed the ball on the court immediately after the game was over to show his satisfaction and determination. It was so obvious that our guys wanted to win this game badly to make a statement, even without Dirk.

This team's mindset is different than in previous years. We used to mail it in frequently and surrendered under pressure. It doesn't look like this team will let that happen again, not without delivering a big fight first.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #157
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I say its a serious lack of basketball fundamentals, specially if you see all the "young stars" clueless what to do...
Most of these kids are anywhere from 1-6 years removed from AAU basketball where the kids are pampered and encouraged to put on an All Star Game like show each time out. This is where bad habits form.

You compare that to the Mavs, most of their rotation the past 6 years have been playing NBA games 82 times a year. Experience is something you can't teach.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #158
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
At the same time, Kidd logged almost 36 minutes which was necessary due to him playing a great game and Dirk being sidelined. I know there are debates about having Jet play some minutes at the point guard spot, however, if that didn't work out, I would prefer Kidd to only play 32 minutes and give a couple more minutes to JJB. We need Kidd in April and I don't mind seeing JJB on the court in December as long as it helps us keeping Kidd fresh.

This team's mindset is different than in previous years. We used to mail it in frequently and surrendered under pressure. It doesn't look like this team will let that happen again, not without delivering a big fight first.
It'd be nice for Kidd to go 32 night, but there will be nights of 25 minutes, and nights of 36. It's difficult, you as a coach owe it to the other 11 men on your roster to do what it takes to win that night. Those other 11 men put with great effort, you in a spot to make a tough choice, it's made easier when Kidd has no problem running the extra 4 minutes. You go to battle each night for the guy sitting next to you in that lockerroom. You also owe it to those 11 men to prepare them for June. It's a difficult thing to balance.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #159
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Nice little read on the JET:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...special-powers
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #160
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Twice this season, we've played the same team essentially back-to-back. In both cases (Denver and NO), we won the first but lost the second game. That's as close to a playoff series as you're going to get during the regular season in terms of teams being able to make adjustments that are specifically geared toward what they perceive to be your weaknesses... I would reserve the "haven't figured out our zone yet" comment until we see how it fares in the playoffs.

Fortunately, this Mavs team has shown at times that it can switch to a suffocating man defense when necessary, so I'm not concerned - just saying.