Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-07-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

who is your least favorite mavs player?
..and why?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Dirk. He can't shoot. He can dribble. No "D" in Dirk. Couldn't get a rebound to save his life. Pretty much a consensus worst player on the team. Don't know why they released Harrington and not Dirk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SARCASM AND SHOULD ONLY BE READ BY MATURE POSTERS

Old 01-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nve.. he annoys me. take off the damn headband.. mix in a made field goal every once in awhile.. play in control from time to time (which he has done a better job of recently), mix in some defense
Old 01-07-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Walt Wizard bugs me sometimes. Ever notice how many stupid turnover he makes? He is not the smartest player on the court by any means.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #5
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

NVE- with out the quick I believe we are felonless(if thats a word)
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

williams only averages .5 TO's per game in 20.7 minutes per play
Old 01-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< williams only averages .5 TO's per game in 20.7 minutes per play >>

Yeah but isn't .5 over the legal limit for driving? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Righ now Raef is still on my #$it list. Granted he had a nice game last night, but it was one of a very few this year. This needs to change.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:20 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

none are my least favorite. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 10:20 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

(took it back)
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 10:21 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

i deal in the positive quite a bit... however, i'm not gonna kiss everyone's ass just for the sake of kissing ass either.. you do your bit, dude, and i'll do mine
Old 01-07-2003, 10:38 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Howard.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 10:48 PM   #13
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

Popeye Jones. He doesn't fit in; he doesn't help the Mavs at all and I doubt he will ever make any sort of sustained impact. Sure, you will all tell me he is a good guy, but he is my least favorite player on the team.

Van Exel is not a bad guy at all. He has a bad rep, but can anyone cite a single thing he has done as a Mav that is felonous in any way?? Take off the headband?? Should Walt take off his?? Who cares. Play under control?? If there is a point guard who gets out of control a lot on the Mavericks his name is Steve Nash. That's not a criticism and I understand that much of what he does is beautifully orchestrate the Mavs &quot;controlled chaos&quot; but he is out of control more often than Van Ex. I understand the complains about his D, but I can't comprehend the genuine dislike that many Mavs fans have for Nick Van Exel, he's one of my favorites.

Edit: spelling
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:12 PM   #14
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

Don't dislike any of them, but Nash is getting there.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 11:15 PM   #15
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

Evan has had an attitude ever since he came here. He had a problem with the media, and the fans as soon as someone said that he was here to replace Boothe. Which he was. He didn't like that, and he hasn't produced anything possitive since he arrived. He is just taking up space on the bench, and in the locker room, and with the salary cap. He has never even tried to replace Boothe, or make a name for his self.
Let him go, and the sooner the better. He's just riding the coattails of the other players, and he is compleatly worthless as far as I'm concerned.......
Old 01-07-2003, 11:39 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

TAW = worthless
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:16 AM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< TAW = worthless >>

if i must pick someone, i guess it'll be him because he's almost non-existent.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:38 AM   #18
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It would have to be that lazy, heartless Michael Finley. Maybe the Mavs will FINALLY ship him off this year.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:52 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

michael finley for latrell sprewell, you heard it here first
Old 01-08-2003, 08:53 AM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Least favorite? Give me Popeye Jones as well. He's too slow, and he doesn't fit in with the team on the court.

Running a close second would be Nick's headband. I agree with Murph. Take that stupid thing off and make a few more field goals instead.

Old 01-08-2003, 08:56 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

murph actually has a secret manlove for NVE and wants him to take off the headband so he can put it around his waist and use it as a belt.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #22
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

I don't know TAW enough to hate him. Popeye annoys me a little bit because he looks like an orc from LOTR. Evan needs to not be injured.

However, right now, it's Raef. When he's out there, the defence is weakened because of his lazyness. I'm hoping, however, that he'll start actually trying. He's showing some signs of improvement, so maybe soon that'll change.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #23
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

williams only averages .5 TO's per game in 20.7 minutes per play

Watch how many of those turnovers are bonehead plays that seem out of the ordinary.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #24
MavsManiac

MavsManiac is on a distinguished road

Hmm... is this All-Time or current Mavs?

Hard to dislike any of the current guys (is TA-W considered a Mav?), but there are some from the past that come to mind quickly, namely Kurt Thomas &amp; Gary Trent. There are more, but those 2 are the most recent ones I'm glad are gone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Forgot the &quot;Why?&quot;

KT = When times were tough, bolted to NY &amp; badmouthed the organization
GT = Signed an autograph just a scribbled &quot;33&quot;... ticked me off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 03:19 PM   #25
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i got only love for the mav. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
really,i dont hate any player in the mavericks corporation,but i do love some players more than others,like obviusly the three,and i love adrian,and shawn.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:21 PM   #26
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

sorry to double post.
forgot TAW,i think doc said it best,worthless,truely worthless,the mans is getting more green than nash and isnt doing shit.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:35 PM   #27
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

[img]file:///Tractorbeam_3/Desktop%20Folder/jkiddmug.jpg[/img]

Hands down. (Which is exactly what he should have done.)

Old 01-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

Can't understand all the people listing TAW as their least favorite player. What has he done to deserve this? He is the only Mav not to make a turnover, miss a shot, miss a FT, or make a foul. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 04:30 PM   #29
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

so did i. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 05:40 PM   #30
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

my least favorite mav of all time has to be darren morningstar.

what a spare.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:16 PM   #31
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone noticied that TAW is getting ready for a return to the Mavs. Just in time to be traded.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:52 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

where would the mavs trade taw to?
Old 01-10-2003, 03:29 AM   #33
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Current: Raef LaFrentz the human foul machine (I am rooting for him though)

All Time: Sam Cassel, he just looked weird
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:01 AM   #34
LRB
Guru

<< where would the mavs trade taw to? >>

Timberwolves for Brandon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #35
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

This is the easiest question.................................

James Donaldson.

True, he is STILL the Mavs best center, but what a dick!

Tarpley is a CLOSE 2nd. He tried to single handedly RUIN this franchise, but I ultimately blame Carter for the MANY bad decisions regarding Mr. Toot Toot.

OPEN letter to Donald Carter.......................A pony tail? Come on.

BLG
Old 01-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

<< This is the easiest question.................................

James Donaldson.

True, he is STILL the Mavs best center, but what a dick!

Tarpley is a CLOSE 2nd. He tried to single handedly RUIN this franchise, but I ultimately blame Carter for the MANY bad decisions regarding Mr. Toot Toot.

OPEN letter to Donald Carter.......................A pony tail? Come on.

BLG
>>

Yeah, Donaldson is a real good choice BLG. He was a guy who would really choke under pressure also. Just ask Harper. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 08:12 AM   #37
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

stupid little prepy white boy . . . back-up point gaurd, Scott Brooks . . . what a loser. on a different note Tony Dumas was my fav. bench player of all time till Najera and Nick came along.