Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-10-2003, 10:15 PM   #41
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

LRB is going to throw the chalupa to the refs, he said so.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #42
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

My view from the AAC:

Didn't seem ugly or boring to me. All in all, I had a lot of fun at this one. It was an awfully SOLID game from the Mavs...and I especially enjoyed the Big 3 "Relay". Dirk dominated, then Fin dominated , then Steve dominated...then on the 4th day, they rested.

If there was ever an argument for all three of the "Big 3: to be playing in the All-Star game together, tonight was the night...

Griff gets BIG props from me tonight. He was all over the court and came up real huge on the backboards...he seemed to be in position all night to make the right play at the right time. Thought Raef looked good again from my vantage point...not great...but real solid. Threw down a dunk for the chalupa when, two weeks ago, he would have tried to baby it in. Like the aggressive attitude.

Team defense looked good too...thought we harassed them pretty well...saw Shawn alter a lot of shots again...and Raef as well. I'm NOT a Boston fan at all...I absolutely hate their low %, high volume shooting attack...they were cold, but a lot can be atributed to the defense, too. I left mid 4th quarter when we started slowing it down...looking forward to getting Rig here and in the mix.

We move out to 30-5...and I'd like to point out that, since the opening 14-0 streak, the Mavs have gone 16-5 for a 76.1 winning percentage. If we want to throw out the 14-0 opening streak, the Mavs would STILL BE ON PACE to win 62.47 games...THAT'S IMPRESSIVE !!

Hard to find fault with anything tonight. Kings lost, too and looks like Bibby had an atrocious night (just when I played him in VGM).

Old 01-10-2003, 11:17 PM   #43
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Does anybody want to replace Nellie or trade the big 3 to start over? I just would like a pessimistic persons view on this. I can't make up a statement that does not involve swinging on the mavs nuts. Somebody out there could suprise me with their opinion however.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:18 PM   #44
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Back to being naive does anybody else think that we are watching one of the greatest teams in history play before our very eyes and just won't realize it before the season is done?
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:20 PM   #45
Chiwas
Guru

<< Does anybody want to replace Nellie or trade the big 3 to start over? I just would like a pessimistic persons view on this. I can't make up a statement that does not involve swinging on the mavs nuts. Somebody out there could suprise me with their opinion however. >>

Now I woudn´t trade anybody, not even NVE. (Maybe Popeye)
Old 01-10-2003, 11:36 PM   #46
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

My 1st Game at the AAC:

Unfortunately this game didn't go well for me on a personal note. I took my mom who is a big Mavs fan. We got to the game early and got some food. Big mistake. My mom got sick on the food and threw up just before tipoff. We spent the 1st quarter cleaning up. If anyone say the mop crew, that was us.

Anyways spent most of the game worrying about her. She insisted on staying though until about mid-4th quarter.

My seats were great, 17 rows back of the Mavs bench. To me it looked like the Mavs came out with an attitude that we own you, especially Dirk. He just seemed to be so relaxed and in rhytm the whole game. I really think if the Mavs had needed it and he had pushed it he could have gotten 50 tonight. But all his points seemed to come in the flow of the offense. I really liked the ball movement for the most part. Didn't quite see as much walking the ball up until the 4th. It was great seeing Fin getting his shot back from behind the arc. Griff seemed to be everywhere, think I saw him out with the dancers too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I really saw a lot of hustle out of the Mavs. I remember on play where the Mantis got tripped up coming up the court. He really put a super effort to get back but the Celtics had number and Pierce got one of our guards under the basket in a bad way he puts up what looks to be a sure layup and out of nowhere comes this Mantis to shove the ball back down his throat. Last year Shawn didn't hustle and the Mavs got scored on. If Bradely doesn't get MIP there it will be a huge miscarriage of justice. Liked Raef's game. Also glad Walt got some major minutes tonight. Looks like he still has a little rust to work off but seems he's coming around. From my view point it looked like the officials called a really solid game. I blast them all the time for their screwups so I gotta praise them when it looks like they got it mostly right. My favorite play was the alley oop dunk by Dirk from Finely in the 3rd. That really brought the house down.

Just want to say that I think the Mavs look good, but nowhere near their best. Except for a brief effort in the 3rd Boston just couldn't bring enough to coax the very best out of the Mavs. It almost looked like those games where the NBA champion would go and play some of the top European teams. The other team looked good, but just in another league from the Mavs.

Chiwas: I said I would throw a chalupa at Bill Walton if he was at the game, not the refs. No sightings of the redheaded space alien, so no chalupa throwing from yours truely.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:09 AM   #47
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Back to being naive does anybody else think that we are watching one of the greatest teams in history play before our very eyes and just won't realize it before the season is done? >>

We will know after the playoffs are over and not until then.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 12:21 AM   #48
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

LRB...just noticed your before the game post...my seats are 117 also...wish I would have known earlier...sorry about your mom...but you should eat somewhere nice before the game you cheapskate...LOL.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:25 AM   #49
Chiwas
Guru

<< Chiwas: I said I would throw a chalupa at Bill Walton if he was at the game, not the refs. No sightings of the redheaded space alien, so no chalupa throwing from yours truely. >>

My mistake.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:38 AM   #50
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< LRB...just noticed your before the game post...my seats are 117 also...wish I would have known earlier...sorry about your mom...but you should eat somewhere nice before the game you cheapskate...LOL. >>

Hey I thought that the AAC had good food. It certainly wasn't cheap!!! I just wanted to get there early and if we had went out to eat, I was afraid that it would have been too early for my mom. Lesson learned though.

What part of 117 do you sit in? We were on Row R near the asile facing center court.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:57 AM   #51
OutletPass
Diamond Member

LRB...You have a PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:27 AM   #52
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Did you hear about Vin Baker crying after the game?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/ce...ot01112003.htm

Jim O'Brien had said prior to last night's 103-78 loss to the Mavericks that Vin Baker could have trouble finding playing time because he wanted to go with quicker lineups. But the sight of his team losing by 25 was obviously troubling to Baker.

After picking up what was almost certainly the first healthy DNP of his career, the Celtics backup center got emotional.

Asked if he understood the deal, Baker said, ``The coaches, you know, made the decision to go with Walt (McCarty) and go with the smaller lineup. They're a very versatile team, Dallas, and coach put the lineup out there that he thought was going to win the game for us and we came up short as a team.''

When it was suggested it must have been tough to watch when he wanted to help, Baker's eyes welled as he responded following an 11-second pause.

``You know, you want to be on the floor, obviously, with your team and . . . I'm sorry,'' he said as his eyes reddened. ``You want to be on the floor with your team and help them win. This is a big game for us and, again, we came up short. And you definitely want to be on the floor with them, so it's disappointing from that standpoint that I didn't get a chance to help the team win the game.''

A moment later, he referred to his emotional state and said, ``You guys have to excuse me, man.''

Vin Baker still sucks, but the fact that he actually seems to care about his teammates and the game makes me respect him a little more. It's too bad he's slow and sucks.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:17 AM   #53
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

What was up with Finley's passse tonite? He was just throwin some Nash type passes last nite. That oop was great too.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote