Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #81
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

94-86 Mavs
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2003, 05:32 PM   #82
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Thanks it works, but i like yahoo format better.
We have won the first of 4.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:32 PM   #83
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice win by the Mavs. The Clips put up a strong battle but the Mavs fought their way to a victory.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #84
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< That was a nasty rebound dunk by Raef >>

It was beautiful.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #85
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

31-5.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #86
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Finally Dirk has stepped up. I´m amazed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:37 PM   #87
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Good win indeed. I like how the Mavs have learned to win the close games this season.

Now 2 days rest before the game against the Kings.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:45 PM   #88
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Thought the Mavs looked lathargic throughout most of the game on both ends. Props to Finely for coming out to start the game so hot. He really carried us at during the 1st part of the game. All the Big 3 made key plays down the stretch as well as some superb defense by Griff. I'm soooo glad we got Griff, especially with Eddie being out. Also, awsome dunk by Raef. Not only was it highlight material, but it was a key score to help use win a close one. Shawn didn't have his best game, but he did make contributions and altered tons of shots. He also got the Candi man a forced seat on the bench for the last of the game which I felt was crucial.

I'm most impressed that the Mavs keep finding ways to win even when not playing well. To be 31-5 and not playing near your best ball is fantastic. Just can't wait till Eddie gets back.

Also, this was a game when we should have been going to Dirk in the post every other time down the court. They couldn't guard him in the post one on one and when he was doubled he found the open man. The team needs to learn to do this more. I don't think that it is all Nellie. For the Mavs to win a championship, they must learn that Dirk is THE go to player, and use him as such.

Loved the Tall Ball at the end. I think that's really what made the difference.

Interesting comgination of Tall/Small with NVE/Nash/Raef/Dirk/Shawn. I like it better than just Small Ball.

Overall, although this one wasn't pretty, I'll take the win glady. Sacramento here we come.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #89
MFFL
Guru

Tall ball got us this win. Raef and Bradley were keys to our managing to finally stop the Clips in the 4th. Although neither of them had huge stat games (Bradley's 9 rebounds and 5 blocks were nice) both played good defense and helped force 3 Clipper players to foul out.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:03 PM   #90
Chiwas
Guru

LRB: I guess you do have the Eddie´s diary.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:08 PM   #91
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Chiwas: I don't have Eddies Diary. Just the Chalupa I'm saving for Walton's head. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 06:13 PM   #92
Chiwas
Guru

Two chalupas. One on Walton´s, and the other?
Old 01-12-2003, 06:15 PM   #93
LRB
Guru

I'll keep one in reserve in case I see Peter Vescey.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:23 PM   #94
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Well I thought that this was another workmanlike victory, similar in a way to Boston. I kept thinking during the game that the Mavs are playing very blue collar these days; coming to work and getting the job done without a lot of excesses either way. They seem to pretty unemotional and I think that's a good thing. Heaven knows that they've needed to save all that for the Kings.

loved that tall ball too. When all is said and done, I think that we see a lot more of that in the playoffs. When both Raef and Shawn are doing their job, it makes the Mavs much tougher.

Rig is supposed to sign tomorrow and we've got the Kings on tap...so a lot to look forward to.

If the Mavs come out of this 4 game roadtrip 4-0 or 3-1, I'll be very happy. Even without the 14 game streak, the Mavs are playing at 77.2% or a 63.3 win season...very impressive. We've all hoped, but WHO really expected that they's be 31-5 ?

At the halfway point last year, the Mavs were 29-12...this year 35-6 looks like a very real possibility...if we beat Sacto...could it be 36-5 ?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:32 PM   #95
LRB
Guru

<< They seem to pretty unemotional and I think that's a good thing. Heaven knows that they've needed to save all that for the Kings. >>

Excellent point OP. I would love the Mavs to come out with fire in their eyes and super intensity for all 82 games, but that would be a super human task for any team and they would find themselvers burned out well before seasons end. The NBA regular season really is more like a marathon than a sprint. It's great seeing the Mavs learn to set the right pace to win but not burn themselves out.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #96
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I guess Nellie is starting to realize that Nick isn't hot and cold anymore. He is just plain cold. 2-10 from the field, 0-3 on threes, no rebounds, and 2 assists! Ouch. Is Nick hurt? This is getting rediculous. He hasn't been a major part of this team since the game at Golden State. I realize we are winning but I would like to see Nick break out of this slump that a month and a half old!
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 08:49 PM   #97
Chiwas
Guru

None of our point guards is playing in his top level? The French is going to take the command pretty soon this way.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #98
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< None of our point guards is playing in his top level? The French is going to take the command pretty soon this way. >>

Exactly Chiwas. Though Nash's line looks pretty good you have to watch the game and see that Nash isn't playing pg like. Tonite he finally outassited his teammates but lately he has been outassited by Griff a couple times, Dirk, Finley and Nick. Both of our pg's need a reality check and I expect Nick to be back when we have a big game which is against the Kings.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 09:31 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking that ragu will replace nash is nuts. Van Excel is really stinking it up but steve is plenty fine. A few bad decisions today but then two huge 3s.

Stevie is fine, a force of nature, nick on the other hand......
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 10:00 PM   #100
Dallas-Maverick

Dallas-Maverick is on a distinguished road

what has happened to nick's shooting anyways?
his FG% is down..is he shooting to much or trying to prove he makes &quot;big shots&quot; like he used to
Dallas-Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:41 PM   #101
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

nicks just a streaky shooter. when he came back from injury he was lighting it up. right now hes just cold and theres no doubt he'll heat up again.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 01:23 AM   #102
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nick's a bad shooter..his shooting will be down much more than it is up
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 06:54 AM   #103
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Anyone notice how athletic the Clippers were in this game? Their own ignorance and wild play kept them from winning. Bad passes and poor shot selection was the order of the day, plus I thought, maybe, the Mav's energy level was not as high as it could have been.
David is offline   Reply With Quote