Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #161
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

haha CadBane lasted about 2 weeks with this new "tamer" persona. Back to being a dick.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #162
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
haha CadBane lasted about 2 weeks with this new "tamer" persona. Back to being a dick.
Meds ain't cheap in this economy!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #163
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Meds can't fix that...

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #164
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Well lets actually look at the facts:

1. The players weren't getting along with Larry Brown anymore. Several players, including Jax, hated his system. Since Brown has been fired, they've been playing great basketball.

2. Lets not act like this is some scrubby ass team. Last year they made the playoffs and had one of the best home records in the NBA.

3. They have a pretty talented core in SJax, Crash (both of whom would automatically become our second best scorer), Augustin, Tyrus Thomas, and Diaw.

4. No, there is 0.00000000% chance the Raptors overtake them. I'll bet you 10 dollars against 100 on that one. Want to pony up?
Agree with all of this. However, you have to factor in the loss of Chandler to this team. From what I understand, that was one of the things that Brown was most unhappy with (the loss of Chandler). With Chandler, I think they're a definite playoff team in the East. Without Chandler, however, I think they're borderline at best. They no longer have that defensive presence in the paint that made them, and by proxy us this year, so dominant defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #165
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
Agree with all of this. However, you have to factor in the loss of Chandler to this team. From what I understand, that was one of the things that Brown was most unhappy with (the loss of Chandler). With Chandler, I think they're a definite playoff team in the East. Without Chandler, however, I think they're borderline at best. They no longer have that defensive presence in the paint that made them, and by proxy us this year, so dominant defensively.
Chandler was their 3rd Center last year behind Mohammad and Theo Ratliff and they still made the playoffs.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #166
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not saying we are condtenders. But maybe a deep run. I mean, what else has changed? Nothing but Dirk. We were looking realllll good when Dirk was healthy, even when Butler wasn't. Without Dirk, Terry is Larry Hughes bad. With him, he's at least capable of being a 6th man quality scorer. These guys are way worse without Dirk, but with him they look better.
Butler is a bigger piece of this puzzle than it at first appears. We are really weak now with physical 3s. Shawn/Caron was a really nice 1-2 punch on those guys, now it's shawn (who really needs to play backup power forward minutes) and then ??? sasha?? It's not a good.

I hope the MBT do not think that roddy will solve that problem, it will not. They need a physical 3.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #167
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Chandler was their 3rd Center last year behind Mohammad and Theo Ratliff and they still made the playoffs.
It's larry brown...he wears out his welcome everywhere... Sort of like Don Nelson but in another way..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #168
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's larry brown...he wears out his welcome everywhere... Sort of like Don Nelson but in another way..
I know about Larry Brown--I'm form Philly. My response was in regards to the poster saying the Bobcats were a definite playoff team with Chandler. In fact, they were a playoff team last year with him being just the the 3rd Center. Larry couldn't have been that upset with the loss of Chandler since he barely played him.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #169
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know about Larry Brown--I'm form Philly. My response was in regards to the poster saying the Bobcats were a definite playoff team with Chandler. In fact, they were a playoff team last year with him being just the the 3rd Center. Larry couldn't have been that upset with the loss of Chandler since he barely played him.
Yeah, Chandler wasn't exactly the same player for the Bobcats as he is for the Mavericks...

But I still can't understand how anybody (not necessarily you) can claim that a 15-21 team is a playoff lock when there's still 46 games to play - there's absolutely no consistency to base that opinion on...

Last edited by Underdog; 01-13-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #170
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
just quoting an article I read on espn...so that may have been false, I didn't follow the Cats much last year. One thing also to consider is that the East, overall, is much better this year than it was last year. Teams like NY, NJ, Indiana were pretty bad last year, and are now middle-of-the-pack in the east.

Quote:
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #171
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, Chandler wasn't exactly the same player for the Bobcats as he is for the Mavericks...

But I still can't understand how anybody (not necessarily you) can claim that a 15-21 team is a playoff lock when there's still 46 games to play - there's absolutely no consistency to base that opinion on...
Yes, there is. And if you're too dense to see that, shut your mouth and lets make a bet. I'm tired of it.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #172
Underdog

Quote:
Yes, there is. And if you're too dense to see that, shut your mouth and lets make a bet. I'm tired of it.
They're 15-21 with 46 more games to play.

Only an egotist would make or take that bet - you're thinking with your dick, not your brain...

Old 01-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #173
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They're 15-21 with 46 more games to play.

Only an egotist would make or take that bet - you're thinking with your dick, not your brain...
Like I said. You're so damn confident it's not a sure thing, I am confident it is.

How about this. The Bobcats don't make the playoffs, I'll leave the board for good. They do, then you leave the board for the duration of the playoffs.

Deal?

If not, then quit running your mouth. It's easy to straddle the fence, that way when they do, you can claim you never said they wouldn't. Pathetic.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #174
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

freaking out about epeen size lol
Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #175
Underdog

Quote:
Like I said. You're so damn confident it's not a sure thing, I am confident it is.

How about this. The Bobcats don't make the playoffs, I'll leave the board for good. They do, then you leave the board for the duration of the playoffs.

Deal?

If not, then quit running your mouth. It's easy to straddle the fence, that way when they do, you can claim you never said they wouldn't. Pathetic.
Saying "it's not a sure thing" isn't the same as saying "they won't make it".

I just don't see anything that separates the Bobcats from the 76ers and Bucks. They haven't made any trades and they're not a good team - if they make the playoffs, it's because they got out-sucked, not because they've done anything to deserve being there.

The rest of your post is nothing but classic Cadbane trolling - get over yourself, guy...

Old 01-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #176
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a "clinch by" deadline?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #177
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Saying "it's not a sure thing" isn't the same as saying "they won't make it".

I just don't see anything that separates the Bobcats from the 76ers and Bucks. They haven't made any trades and they're not a good team - if they make the playoffs, it's because they got out-sucked, not because they've done anything to deserve being there.

The rest of your post is nothing but classic Cadbane trolling - get over yourself, guy...
As an avid NBA watcher, I'm telling you they ARE a pretty good team. Substantially better than Philly. My guess is the Cats and Bucks make the playoffs, Indy doesn't, Philly certainly won't. The Cats have some good players, like I said, Crash and Jax are both better than anyone on our roster not named Dirk. Their problem is depth.

If you don't want to make the bet, you can't keep running your mouth. I'm done with you.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #178
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're so damn confident it's not a sure thing, I am confident it is.
That does not make one bit of sense.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #179
Underdog

Quote:
Quote:
If you don't want to make the bet, you can't keep running your mouth. I'm done with you.
What is your deal?

Have you actually read anything I've posted?

You're trying to create a false opposite between us so you can "win" some kind of internet debate, maybe garner a little rep and satiate your ego... But I never said the Bobcats weren't going to make the playoffs - I only stated that there isn't enough evidence to proclaim that they are, especially not with 46 games left.

Seriously, get over yourself...

Last edited by Underdog; 01-13-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #180
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
You're trying to create a false opposite between us so you can "win" some kind of internet debate, maybe garner a little rep and satiate your ego... But I never said the Bobcats weren't going to make the playoffs - I only stated that there isn't enough evidence to proclaim that they are, especially not with 46 games left.
Bolded to show importance.

CadBane thinks they are FOR SURE going to make the playoffs.
UD says, ehhh I wouldn't say for sure but I guess it's possible.

and CadBane loses his mind because UD refuses to make a black or white prediction about a losing team in a bad conference with 46 games left. Literally anything can happen (as shown by a 15-21 team in the playoff hunt).

Besides, who the f**k cares. It's the bobcats.

btw what happened to Cad's last prediction. Wasn't TC suppose to be completely underwhelming? Like, for sure?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-13-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #181
Underdog

Quote:
My guess is the Cats and Bucks make the playoffs, Indy doesn't, Philly certainly won't. The Cats have some good players, like I said, Crash and Jax are both better than anyone on our roster not named Dirk. Their problem is depth.
Crash and Jax are the best two players on that roster - the same could be said for every team in the league who has a better #2 than Jason Terry...

(and if you want to have a more interesting discussion, I'd kill to have either/both of those guys on the Mavs...)

Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #182
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Cadbane has done nothing to deserve the bashing he is getting in this thread....

Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #183
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

and CadBane loses his mind because UD refuses to make a black or white prediction about a losing team in a bad conference with 46 games left. Literally anything can happen (as shown by a 15-21 team in the playoff hunt).

btw what happened to Cad's last prediction. Wasn't TC suppose to be completely underwhelming? Like, for sure?
The reason people care is because they're a potential trading partner. If they stay in the playoff mix, the package for Jackson or Wallace has to be even higher to try to pry them away.

I refuse to make a black or white prediction because there are a lot of variables. I tend to think they're talented but they're still a mess. It does kind of feel like they have to be good at the right time to survive. Either way...early exit.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #184
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently players don't get injured or something.

Meanwhile, WTF Mavericks? Talk about jumping the shark. Minus Caron, I can't tell if we have a bad cast or just a Dirk-dependent cast.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #185
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The reason people care is because they're a potential trading partner. If they stay in the playoff mix, the package for Jackson or Wallace has to be even higher to try to pry them away.
Okay, that makes sense. I still stand behind everything else I said.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #186
fluid.forty.one

btw, are we back below .500 now?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #187
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay, that makes sense. I still stand behind everything else I said.
As you should
Old 01-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #188
fluid.forty.one

Oh and BG.. I think SJax and Wallace's value goes up just as much as a potential playoff team (which UD, and most of us probably agree they are if for no reason other than "anything can happen in the nutty east") just as much as someone predicting them a "for sure" playoff team with 46 games left. So, the whole fight about people refusing to give a definite prediction 46 games out is still silly.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #189
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Oh and BG.. I think SJax and Wallace's value goes up just as much as a potential playoff team (which UD, and most of us probably agree they are if for no reason other than "anything can happen in the nutty east") just as much as someone predicting them a "for sure" playoff team with 46 games left. So, the whole fight about people refusing to give a definite prediction 46 games out is still silly.
I'm pretty sure the package would change if they were in Detroit or Washington's position, significantly farther back in the pack. At this point, I'm thinking they're asking for Butler, Roddy and something of immediate value. If they were further back, it's mainly just Butler.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #190
fluid.forty.one

Sure them being an 8 seed as oppose to being in 11th place right now affects things... but I don't think even they think of themselves as a 100% lock for a playoff spot. Right now they are still a "potential" or "in the hunt". I'm just saying it's stupid to say they are a 100% lock for the playoff.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #191
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Sure them being an 8 seed as oppose to being in 11th place right now affects things... but I don't think even they think of themselves as a 100% lock for a playoff spot. Right now they are still a "potential" or "in the hunt". I'm just saying it's stupid to say they are a 100% lock for the playoff.
totally agree
Old 01-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #192
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
totally agree
and obviously the reason this is important (other than having fun arguing with CadBane) is:

just like Sjax and Wallace will be more expensive since they are in 8th instead of 11th, they would be even more expensive if the Bobcats were a "lock" for the playoffs. Luckily (if we are shopping for one of those players) they are just 8th and not necessarily a lock.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #193
SMC0007
Guru

When you take in account who Charlotte will be playing in the playoffs how much more valuable can they claim Jax or Crash to be? IF their key guys stayed healthy they still would be done in the first round, maybe even in 4 games. Are they really going to compete, or just try to keep attendance and interest up as long as possible? I don't pretend to know the financial end of not moving them and keeping fan interest up vs moving them for expirings, exceptions + whatever young talent they can get to rebuild but they aren't doing ANYTHING in the post season as currently constructed and everyone knows this.

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-13-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #194
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That does not make one bit of sense.
Actually, it makes perfect sense. Didn't you go to law school?

You can be confident in the inverse. I.E. I'm confident that it's not a sure thing UD will ever get married.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #195
CadBane
Banned

Quote:

I will gladly eat crow on Tyson Chandler. I admit my errors, unlike some people.

Tyson has been fabulous this far. He never looked like 1/4th the player he is now the last few years. If he stays healthy, then he's 100% shut me up on that issue, and I couldn't be more pleased to be wrong (On rare occasions, it does in fact happen. Better jot this one down, you won't be seeing another in your lifetime. )
Old 01-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #196
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
We'll see then, won't we?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #197
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You can be confident in the inverse. I.E. I'm confident that it's not a sure thing UD will ever get married.
confidence (n): the quality or state of being certain

So, just let me get this straight. You are telling me it makes sense to say, "I'm confident that X is uncertain." In other words, "I'm certain that X is uncertain"?. That's deep, man.

And of course, the real point here is that UD was actually conveying the exact opposite of "confidence," despite how you tried to paint it. He was plainly stating that he didn't know what would happen. That is the opposite of confidence. That is humility and a willingness to cede to the uncertainty of sports. You seem to be unfamiliar with that concept.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-14-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #198
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup. I was going to use this if he had replied, but he wisely left my last post alone. Glad someone remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Cadbane has done nothing to deserve the bashing he is getting in this thread....
Honestly, I kind of agree.

Quote:

And then he goes off and just can't help himself from throwing a personal shot at someone and I decide that you know what, he deserves it now. Sure, call a guy stupid for his opinions or a dick for his actions, but commenting on the personal life of someone whose personal life you don't even have a clue about isn't clever, or funny, or insulting. Its just kind of stupid...
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #199
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
And then he goes off and just can't help himself from throwing a personal shot at someone and I decide that you know what, he deserves it now. Sure, call a guy stupid for his opinions or a dick for his actions, but commenting on the personal life of someone whose personal life you don't even have a clue about isn't clever, or funny, or insulting. Its just kind of stupid...
He's wrong anyway. I went to clown college.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #200
CadBane
Banned

You can be certain that something is uncertain. Not that complicated.

http://www.realization.com/pdf/silicon_india.pdf

Tags
cadban makes friends, calumny, i too get it!!, mods missing in action, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, trollbane, trollbane...getit!?!?