Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-21-2003, 02:13 PM   #41
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< I can't agree with the complete makeover statement at all. I have not seen the proof that scoring significantly decreases in the playoffs, i'm open to seeing it.

Also unlike the boston celtics who rely almost entirely on the outside shot, the mavs have been very consistent. They don't run off 5 wins/5 losses etc.
>>

This is not about a decrease of scoring in the playoffs. The question is: can we get good shooting against the western powers on a consistent basis (7 game series). Because we need an adequate shooting % to beat those teams. The regular season so far points into another direction. I´d say San Antonio, Utah, Sacramento, Portland, Phoenix and the Lakers are respectable teams right now. We are 4-5 against those teams. In the 4 wins we shot .433 (would have been higher if not for that one grind it out win against Portland). In the 5 losses we shot .401. That´s a pretty big difference. And it IS inconsistent, and it also shows you how much we rely on at least adequate shooting if we want to beat any of those teams. That´s just the way our offense and our whole gameplan goes. It´s not a good formula for success in the offseason. And 4-5 is pretty weak in itself.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2003, 03:47 PM   #42
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road

<< I've seen two many plays recently where the person bringing the ball up (NVE and Nash are the prime culprits) have just shot the ball. Zero passing. >>

Except when they turn the ball over. -1.0 passes made.

Old 01-21-2003, 04:36 PM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<<

<< I've seen two many plays recently where the person bringing the ball up (NVE and Nash are the prime culprits) have just shot the ball. Zero passing. >>

Except when they turn the ball over. -1.0 passes made.
>>

I do not think this is any more prevalent than it was last year or earlier this year. They were just hitting 'em.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dude, you're right..nash just isn't shooting very well..he's still taking alot of bad shots..it's just that last year, he made a decent amount of the bad shots.

nve is nve..he would miss 60% of shots if he were all alone in a gym
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote