Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-22-2003, 09:04 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Did anybody catch Gruden comments yesterday saying that Cuban had his jet flown in to fly him and his staff to San Diego?

What kind of connection does Cuban have with Gruden?

can anybody shed any light on this...thought it was kind of odd
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2003, 09:23 AM   #2
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road

When & where did you read or see this?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:31 AM   #3
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I was watching ESPN's coverage of media day lastnight. And they were showing some higlights of Grudens comments on playing against the team that he left, and the first thing Gruden said was that they just flew in on Cuban's private jet and that is was really nice. They didn't go into any further than that. I thought I didn't hear him right but later it was said again on SportsCenter.

Anybody else hear this?
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

<< I was watching ESPN's coverage of media day lastnight. And they were showing some higlights of Grudens comments on playing against the team that he left, and the first thing Gruden said was that they just flew in on Cuban's private jet and that is was really nice. They didn't go into any further than that. I thought I didn't hear him right but later it was said again on SportsCenter.

Anybody else hear this?
>>

------------------

yup, heard the same thing... i thought he said that it was the Maverick's team jet... how big is it if they flew the whole Raiders team over on it?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

actually, gruden coaches the bucs. and the people that were flown were the coaches. the team was already in san diego.

and i saw the clip, too, but don't know anything of the story.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #6
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

i saw a clip of Mark Cuban saying that, in return for lending out the jet, the Mavs get Sapp to guard Shaq for a game. Cuban admitted that Sapp probably would only last a few sequences up and down the floor.