Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #121
Dark Cuban
Banned

Dark Cuban can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Nor do I have the patience for people who misinterpret a grammatically correct sentence and then purport to know something about sentence structure that the rest of us don't. I sure as hell don't have the patience for trolls who post on rival teams' message boards for no other reason than to annoy the regular posters, especially when said trolls offer no kind of intelligent debate or insight of any kind.

So since neither of us has the patience for the other, our discussion should end here. But before you enter the previously unoccupied territory that is my ignore list, let me at least bid you a proper farewell.

F*ck you and your mother and your sister. If you have kids, I hope they die in a car fire. Goodbye forever, troll.
Now that folks, is Dallas class.

C'mon man. It's a bunch of really tall millionaires in shorts and tank tops running around. It's not that serious.

As the Joker says in Batman, "Why so serious?"

And hey, isn't he your avatar?
Dark Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #122
Dark Cuban
Banned

Dark Cuban can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Nor do I have the patience for people who misinterpret a grammatically correct sentence and then purport to know something about sentence structure that the rest of us don't. I sure as hell don't have the patience for trolls who post on rival teams' message boards for no other reason than to annoy the regular posters, especially when said trolls offer no kind of intelligent debate or insight of any kind.
... and hold on there, tiger.

Did you just refer to the Mavs as a Laker "rival"? Really?

The Spurs? Yes. The Celtics. Definitely.

The Mavs? I think you're confusing "trivial" with rival.
Dark Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dark Cuban, actually, Dirk's efficiency stats should SUFFER becuase he plays with an inferior lineup to Kobe. But that's not the case. Dirk is actually a more efficient scorer from 2pt, 3pt, and FT% than Kobe despite lacking the same assistance that Kobe has in LA. That's where your theory has a huge hole in it.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #124
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

dirk this year will prove he is the best player in this league.go dirk go mavs
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #125
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

honestly kobe doesn't even worry me. it's bynum, gasol, odom, and the other role players that i'm worried about.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #126
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs got the best player in the series. Problem is that the Lakers have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players and the better coach. Our guys better step up.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #127
snackdaddy

snackdaddy is infamous around these parts

Its really not fair to compare the two. Totally different types of players on different types of teams. Dirk is a much better shooter, and a lot taller. Kobe has other intangibles. Part of is persona is his personality. His value is his leadership. The way he pushes and demands more from his team. Anyone really think they win the last two titles if he was just a passive player who went about his own business? Probably not. Dirk is not that type of person. If I were to sit down and have beers with one, it would be Dirk, not Kobe. I think I would enjoy his company more. Like someone said, he's a better peson. But if I want to win a championship, I would take Kobe and not have beers with him. Sorry Dirk fans, thats just the way it is.
snackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #128
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdaddy View Post
Its really not fair to compare the two. Totally different types of players on different types of teams. Dirk is a much better shooter, and a lot taller. Kobe has other intangibles. Part of is persona is his personality. His value is his leadership. The way he pushes and demands more from his team. Anyone really think they win the last two titles if he was just a passive player who went about his own business? Probably not. Dirk is not that type of person. If I were to sit down and have beers with one, it would be Dirk, not Kobe. I think I would enjoy his company more. Like someone said, he's a better peson. But if I want to win a championship, I would take Kobe and not have beers with him. Sorry Dirk fans, thats just the way it is.
I think that if you asked the players in the Mavs clubhouse, you'd find that they consider Dirk a leader. I also think that if you asked Kobe's teammates throughout the years, you'd probably find that he's viewed as less of a leader as you're making him out to be. I'm not saying tha the's not a leader at all.. Just saying that I don't think the chasm between their leadership abilities is nearly as wide as you think.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #129
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I love Dirk, he's my favorite NBA player of all-time, and I think he should have won the MVP this year... but that said, he isn't as good as Kobe. No way.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #130
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I think that if you asked the players in the Mavs clubhouse, you'd find that they consider Dirk a leader. I also think that if you asked Kobe's teammates throughout the years, you'd probably find that he's viewed as less of a leader as you're making him out to be. I'm not saying tha the's not a leader at all.. Just saying that I don't think the chasm between their leadership abilities is nearly as wide as you think.
And also that Kobe is the kind of guy to make a big show about his "leadership", whereas Dirk is not. Kobe's the kind of guy to pat himself on the back and publicly "coach" his teammates(often leading to an uncomfortable "get me out of here" look on said teammates face as they try to walk by).

Was it after the Miami game earlier this season when he held his after game personal practice session? As i think Simmons pointed out he could've done it on the Staples practice court. But then of course some in the press dutifully reported it as "the passion of Kobe". He's a calculating child-star type twat who's every move is scripted(except for the faggot thing).

Dirk on the other hand is sincere and deferential. I suppose if Dirk had made a bigger show about destroying the Blazers after Chris Johnson's foul, whooping it up and taunting them, it may have made a Sportscenter highlight. Class and efficiency and quiet determination doesn't sell.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-01-2011 at 02:32 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #131
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

They're dropping like flies. Love it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #132
mpb319

mpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the roughmpb319 is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
honestly kobe doesn't even worry me. it's bynum, gasol, odom, and the other role players that i'm worried about.
Absolutely correct!
I actually would even lower that to Bynum and Odom.
Odom actually does a very good job defensively against Dirk because of his size and speed and he is sometimes very dominant on offense for the same reasons.

The Mavs have not had a real answer for Bynum since he has emerged.
We only advance if we can control or at least neutralize their advantages in the paint.
mpb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #133
DaMuleRules

DaMuleRules is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Dirk > Kobe. 5 rings mean sh*t when you can't play without Phil Jackson/Shaq/Pau and get more than 37 wins a season. Kobe = overrated trash.
So an "overrated" player scored 62 points by himself against a whole Mavs team lead by Dirk?

Logic then dictates that Dirk<than an overrated player.

I actually like Dirk. He seems like a good guy. He's a fine basketball player, just not one who has the mentality to take his skills to that next level.

You can dislike Kobe because he's a Laker or you've let the media convince you that he's a tool.

You can even be foolish enough to embarrass yourself by saying that he has no role in his success playing for the greatest and winningest franchise in US professional sports.

But you are in complete denial if you attempt to diminish his skills as an athlete or basketball player.

I know no one can be clueless enough to actually believe that Dirk is a more skilled basketball, though I can see why some would selectively ignore that knowledge to make themselves feel better about Dirk's lack of success.

Bryant's dedication to, passion for and immersion in the game of basketball clearly eclipse Dirks by magnitudes.

Kobe's killer instinct and emphasis on winning should be obvious even to those who are dedicated to not liking him personally for whatever reason "valid" or not.

Dirk's complete lack of such instinct and dedication should be obvious even to those who are Dirk's most ardent fans.

Kobe finds way to close out opponents even on his least productive of nights.

Dirk's record of disappearing when the pressure mounts even on his good nights is undeniable.

There is plenty of Mavs history against the Lakers (or other teams) in Dirk's career to make that completely clear to anyone willing to be intellectual honest.

Dirk>Kobe? No one can truly believe that, no matter how much in their heart they want to.

81 points in a singe game; multiple streaks so of 40 and 50 point games; multiple record for 3 pointers in a game or successively; highlight dunks/moves/game winners almost uncountable; Out scoring YOUR Mavs WITH Dirk over 3 quarters; Rising in the ranks of all time leading scorers; Closing on Jordan for 6 rings . . .

Anyone who says Dirk>Kobe clearly has not paid any attention to NBA basketball for the last decade and a half.
DaMuleRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #134
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

What a sickening display of every fallacy and misconception of both Bryant and Nowitzki that there ever was.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-01-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #135
DaMuleRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
They're dropping like flies. Love it.
I like Caron. One of my favorite former Lakers of years past. He's a friend of Kobe, and like Kobe, I was really disappointed when the Lakers traded him.

But Caron knows what's up. He knows what Kobe and the Lakers are about. He's been a part of it and seen it first hand.

He knows he's just whistling through the graveyard when it comes to talking tough about facing the Lakers.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #136
DaMuleRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
What a sickening display of every fallacy and misconception of both Bryant and Nowitzki that there ever was.
No misconceptions here. Just facts.

Kobe 62 - Dirk AND the Mavs 61.

Not a misocnception.

But if you have meaningful information to dispute the facts, by all means attempt to put me in my place. But breaking out ridiculous accusations of "misconceptions" in response to historically obvious observations doesn't even remotely come close to doing so. Which I am sure you realize, which explains why you didn't attempt to do otherwise.

Reading this thread it is extremely obvious that there are a lot of Mavs fans who only watch the Mavs and only the Mavs in the post season when the Mavs are in it and stop the second they are eliminated - as they routinely are.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #137
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Facts? One regular season game in 2005? I'm sure Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, and Jerry Stackhouse are quaking in their boots in anticipation of having to guard Kobe in this series.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #138
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

David Thompson had 73 points in a game once.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #139
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Facts? One regular season game in 2005? I'm sure Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, and Jerry Stackhouse are quaking in their boots in anticipation of having to guard Kobe in this series.
Good God, this is genius.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #140
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMuleRules View Post

Not a misocnception.

But if you have meaningful information to dispute the facts, by all means attempt to put me in my place. But breaking out ridiculous accusations of "misconceptions" in response to historically obvious observations doesn't even remotely come close to doing so. Which I am sure you realize, which explains why you didn't attempt to do otherwise.

Reading this thread it is extremely obvious that there are a lot of Mavs fans who only watch the Mavs and only the Mavs in the post season when the Mavs are in it and stop the second they are eliminated - as they routinely are.
That was a hella nice game by Kobe, that one. But of course, we would be wise to look at more than just the one or two best games the player ever had.

What I would like to talk about is performance in closeout games--either way: win to advance or lose to go home. I believe that Dirk has a quite solid record in that regard. The one game that I will always remember of Kobe's--as long as we are picking just one game to talk about--would be the Game Seven against the Suns, when Kobe threw his teammates, his coaches, his fans, and the entire franchise under the bus when he refused to play.

That's an image of Kobe I'll never be able to forget. Jordan would never have done such a thing. Nor, of course, Dirk.

Kobe has done a lot of great things and deserves tremendous respect in most areas. But he's got a little too much "me" to him for my tastes.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #141
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very glad I clicked on this thread. Thank you, chum.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #142
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and I feel the same way about Kobe as I do about Michael Irvin. I respect him as a player, but despise him as a person I feel both men are selfish greedy individuals.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #143
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe hasn't even been the best shooting guard in the NBA for the last 5 years. Iverson, Tmac, Wade have all been better during kobe's 'prime'

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #144
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Dirk is the best Mavs player ever. One of the best forwards in the history of the game. He's my hero. That's enough for me. Who cares about Kobe?

It's funny, though, that both of them seem to have a huge respect for one another. Kobe is one of the few of those superstar players who would name Dirk as one of his favorite players. Never heard that from Shaq, LeBron, Wade, Anthony or whoever else.

Last edited by twelli; 05-02-2011 at 02:31 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #145
Murphy3
Guru

Actually, Shaq has always said that he would absolutely love to play alongside Dirk.. And when he was available via trade from LA a few years back, he said that he had absolutely no interest in being in Dallas if Dirk had to go back to LA in the trade.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #146
Murphy3
Guru

I'll be honest. I don't like Kobe. I don't like him off the court. I think he can be selfish on the court at times. I think he came into this league with everything being 100% about him. With that being said, the point of starting this thread wasn't to trash what Kobe has done on the court. He has been an amazing player throughout his career. He has been great in the regular season and solid in the post season. It's just my point that Dirk's numbers are actually better almost entirely across the board in the playoffs than Kobe's. It's not a knock on Kobe. I respect him as a player. There's a very good chance that he might almost single-handedly win a game this series. The guy can be absolutely amazing. I am not going to come on this site and say anything that is not true about Kobe. I love the Mavs, but I also pride myself on my ability to tell it like it is. Kobe probably fits into the top 10 all time greatest players in the league. If Dirk wants to get into that stratosphere..well, he still has some work to do.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-02-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #147
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMuleRules View Post

Not a misocnception.

I love this. This wise and ever-knowing basketball analyst has graced us with a barrage of facts. Alluding that we as Mavs fans are being nothing more than homers and not even good ones. But friends, friends...do not speak ill of this obviously deranged Laker/Kobe fan. Lack of oxygen does destroy brain cells and we can all agree that it can be VERY hard to breathe inside Kobe's rear-end.

Here's some thoughts about the upcoming series: Dirk will be guarded by few All-stars. However, Kobe will have to somehow struggle to get his points against the formidable defensive efforts of Terry, Stevenson, Kidd, Marion, and *gasp* JJ Barea. And when he does score 30 points on 10 of 26 shooting we will praise him for having the will to win and going to the line and having that killer instinct. If only Dirk had such an instinct to kill. Those of us who watch ONLY Mavs games know that Dirk only has the instinct to kill those free throws in the closing seconds. Simply not enough.

Ok, I'm boring myself with the sarcasm but you get the point. Also, since you like talking about past achievements, correct me if I'm wrong, because I only watch Mavs games, but I believe Dirk made it to the Finals as the only All-Star on his team. And I believe Kobe made it to the Lottery as the only All-Star on his team.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)

Last edited by bobbyfg7; 05-02-2011 at 10:46 AM.
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #148
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
If only Dirk had such an instinct to kill. Those of us who watch ONLY Mavs games know that Dirk only has the instinct to kill those free throws in the closing seconds. Simply not enough.
Aside from the first 2 games in Portland, in the Portland series, he did have this. And if he continues to have a killer instinct, we will beat the Lakers.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #149
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
David Thompson had 73 points in a game once.
David Thomson > kobe
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #150
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
David Thomson > kobe
Sheryl Miller once scored 105pts in a game thus Sheryl Miller Greater > Wilt > Kobe > Jordan, etc, etc.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #151
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Sheryl Miller once scored 105pts in a game thus Sheryl Miller Greater > Wilt > Kobe > Jordan, etc, etc.
As the man said..."No misconceptions here. Just facts." Can't refute them...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #152
sylvestian

sylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the roughsylvestian is a jewel in the rough

i really think that nearly no one likes this dude 1394 guy, no matter how hard you try...
sylvestian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #153
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestian View Post
i really think that nearly no one likes this dude 1394 guy, no matter how hard you try...
I've always enjoyed his posts...
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #154
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

gary payton once had 150 points at halftime, got traded to the other team in the middle of a game, and scored 100 points for the other team in the second half for a total of 250 points. this was on mtv's rock n jock basketball but it still counts, what now bitches
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #155
Murphy3
Guru

Seriously? This what the thread has turned into?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #156
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Seriously? This what the thread has turned into?
You're right, we need to get back to reality.

13-year old Mats Wermelin, the Swedish nightmare, took over the Swedish Regional Boys Tournament at Stockholm, when he scored 272 points. QED.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #157
xrobx
Diamond Member

can the mavs sign him?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #158
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
can the mavs sign him?
I think the game was in 1974.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #159
mac222b
Diamond Member

"the Swedish Nightmare" is one hell of a name.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #160
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I think the game was in 1974.
Soooo....can the Mavs sign him?
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ban em all, cadpolishesmodknob, enough! ban cad!, laker trolls post here, return of the quack!, trolls everywhere