Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
JKiddFTW

JKiddFTW will become famous soon enoughJKiddFTW will become famous soon enough
Default Championship Tattoo?

How do you guys feel about tattoos and what do you think about getting a mavs one

Im seriously thinking about getting the LOB where Jet has it with dallas mavericks above it and 2010-2011 nba champions

opinions?
JKiddFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

As much as I love the idea and want to say go do it, I think you will regret a commemorative t-shirt significantly less in about 40 years time.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

lol orangedays is back
Old 06-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #4
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays View Post
As much as I love the idea and want to say go do it, I think you will regret a commemorative t-shirt significantly less in about 40 years time.
But you could have a Stanley Cup stiched over it when you donĀ“t like it any more
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #5
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKiddFTW View Post
How do you guys feel about tattoos and what do you think about getting a mavs one

Im seriously thinking about getting the LOB where Jet has it with dallas mavericks above it and 2010-2011 nba champions

opinions?
I say go for it. I think in 10-20 years, it will be a lot easier to remove it. Just don't do it on your neck like Deshawn.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i've got a tattoo. And of course i want more. When i got my tattoo, i waited a few years to see if i still wanted what i got. And i did. I had talked about it for years and years. So my girl was finally like. Shut up about it and go do it. I've considered a mavs tattoo right when we won, but, at the same time i always told myself that i was only going to get tattoos that mean something to me, or that are special. Of course a mavs tattoo would feel special to me, but, would it still feel this special in a few years? Not sure.

If i was considering doing something like that, i'd wait like a year or longer and see how i felt then. Otherwise i'd end up looking like stevenson!...Just my .02 cents. And at least i've got a tattoo, so i have some street credit.

good luck
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Don't do it!! Speaking of tattoos, go to youtube (I can't get on it here) and search for the chick who got the OKC Thunder tattoo on her thigh. It's horrific. It's like the size of her whole thigh.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
oiboyz

oiboyz is on a distinguished road

Suppose you get a Mavs logo instead of specifically saying "2011 champs". Then in twenty years if the Mavs haven't won another, your tattoo represents the team you root for without sadly emphasizing the championship drought. And if the Mavs do win more, you won't have to update the tattoo by adding a long line of new dates.
oiboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
Buddhabrot

Buddhabrot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKiddFTW View Post

opinions?
I like Tattoos that have a meaning and reflect sth that is Part if you.

If youre a true Mavs Fan, then i will definitely urge you to get it.

A friend of mine wants to get one, he isnt even a Mavs Fan, he just sort of likes Dirk. Thats when i would say no.
Buddhabrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
Don't do it!! Speaking of tattoos, go to youtube (I can't get on it here) and search for the chick who got the OKC Thunder tattoo on her thigh. It's horrific. It's like the size of her whole thigh.
Yikes...whole new meaning to the term 'thunder thighs.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFPhBFZNQkM

That actually introduces another variable I hadn't previously considered, what if (heaven forbid, and at this point I can only speak hypothetically so as not to tempt the karma gods) something were to happen akin to what happened to the former Minnesota Lakers or New Orleans Jazz or Seattle SuperSonics? An outdated tattoo would only serve as a reminder of the pain associated with such a loss.

Now I'm totally bummed out.

Last edited by orangedays; 06-14-2011 at 08:45 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfan View Post
i think the artists did a pretty good job. Well i mean, that woman had sleeves of tattoos. so its safe to say she doesn't really care about what ifs.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
UtahDirkfan

UtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to allUtahDirkfan is a name known to all

I don't care. I'm still getting my back tattoo. a high mountain top with Cardinal dressed as a wizard holding the trophy with a lightning bolt coming down and the big 3 at the bottom crying. Maybe a fire breathing dragon flying in the background depending on if there is room.
UtahDirkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
thunderfan

thunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the roughthunderfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDirkfan View Post
I don't care. I'm still getting my back tattoo. a high mountain top with Cardinal dressed as a wizard holding the trophy with a lightning bolt coming down and the big 3 at the bottom crying. Maybe a fire breathing dragon flying in the background depending on if there is room.
I'll pitch in to see that.
thunderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDirkfan View Post
I'm still getting my back tattoo. a high mountain top with Cardinal dressed as a wizard holding the trophy with a lightning bolt coming down and the big 3 at the bottom crying. Maybe a fire breathing dragon flying in the background depending on if there is room.
nice....tasteful.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Tattoo's are beyond dumb.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
JKiddFTW

JKiddFTW will become famous soon enoughJKiddFTW will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
i think the artists did a pretty good job. Well i mean, that woman had sleeves of tattoos. so its safe to say she doesn't really care about what ifs.
i was just gonna say i think it looks pretty good based on colors and the logo itself, as for the lady that it was on..not so much lol
JKiddFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Tattoo's are beyond dumb.
Not when tastefully done, IMO.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote