Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #361
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Hate to say it, but Tyson wasn't even that great in last year's playoffs.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #362
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
So long Tyson. It was great having you. You're welcome for the honor and privilege of playing along side Dirk.
Wish I could plus rep you a thousand times for this.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #363
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If by that you mean you're concerned about his injury history, that's understandable. If you're questioning his heart or his effort on the court, I don't think that's a valid concern. I've watched the guy pretty much his whole career and I've NEVER gotten even the slightest impression that he was dogging it.
Yea, that's my main concern. Back issues in 03-04, 35 GP. Then the recent toe problems in 2008-2010. Just wondering if it's something that would crop up again. I mean looking at his career GP, it's not like he has 60's dotted through each season, high 70's+ except for the 3 seasons.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #364
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

A break in the Chandler discussion. Looks like we've contacted Jamal Crawford's agent.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #365
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Crawford link:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/many-teams...st-in-crawford
Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #366
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

That was pretty awesome sike. You should send that to Chandler.

I'd have no hard feelings at all if he left. The scrutiny of Damp's contract (yes I was one of them) was never ending. Haywood already gets it and isn't THAT overpaid. Chandler just isn't talented enough to warrant 14 million a year. The expectations would be through the roof and inevitably unreasonable.

But he does have that"it" factor that seems to rub off on everyone. His infectious attitude and personality are hard to ignore or brush off. But oh the price...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #367
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
wat

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #368
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Easily the dumbest post on this board. Dallas has never played with the defensive mentality that TC brought. It became part of the team.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #369
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

It'll be VERY interesting to see what offers are actually out there for Tyson. Upwards of $12 million per year would be be a lot of money under the old CBA, and it's even more under the new CBA with its restrictions and luxury tax penalties.

Although his latest remarks are somewhat of a downer, I'd love to have Tyson back. Not at all costs, though. A figure in the neighborhood of $14-15 million per year over four or five years could eventually turn into a brutal never-ending story--regardless of whether or not his once-itchy foot decided to cause trouble again.

I'll have to see to believe that a team would indeed pay Tyson like a franchise player.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #370
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Greed at this level, while somewhat understandable, is still sickening. I was honestly hoping (against all early signs) that Chandler's money grab was posturing to get the Mavs to up their ante...but it is now appearing that he really will just chase the largest dollar sign.

So long Tyson. It was great having you. You're welcome for the honor and privilege of playing along side Dirk.
If two employers are hiring for the exact same position in the exact same business, how is it sickeningly greedy for the worker to go with the employer that pays better?

I get that as fans we want the players to be as loyal to our teams as we are... but it's not a very realistic expectation. And it ain't like Dallas has done a lot to earn TC's loyalty. They traded for him last off-season in a move that was done at least partially for financial reasons, and then basically refused to negotiate an extension with him. But his greed sickens you because he isn't publicly stating that he'd like to return to Dallas for less money than he could earn somewhere else?
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #371
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Yup..but that's the business, you can't do much about it. Couldn't they amnesty him? IMO I'm keeping that powder dry if possible for just those type of eventualities.
You can only amnesty a player that you signed before the new CBA.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #372
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tyson was solid-to-good overall, and occasionally brilliant in the playoffs. He provided about as much as could be expected. No need to discount his very real and important contributions to the championship run.

Then again, we've got enough people on the board wanting to empty the bank to keep him, it's probably not a bad thing for them to be reminded that 8/9/1 in 32 mpg isn't exactly earth-shattering, whatever his non-boxscore contributions.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #373
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If this team does blow up, at least we got a championship out of it. Could you imagine the torment if we didn't win last year and everybody was leaving? I don't even want to think about it.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #374
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
If this team does blow up, at least we got a championship out of it. Could you imagine the torment if we didn't win last year and everybody was leaving? I don't even want to think about it.
I feel the same way. We got our banner, Dirk got his ring... Whatever happens now, happens. Imagine how painful this discussion would be if we lost in the finals last year.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #375
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
A break in the Chandler discussion. Looks like we've contacted Jamal Crawford's agent.
There is stupid then there is this
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #376
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I posted this earlier in this thread if you missed it. I was debating on someone who said we should sign Chandler no matter the cost. Remember the salary cap is $58m close to $59m.
If my count is correct that is 35.2 mill without TC and Haywood, you could sign Howard and still have some money left over to let jet/kidd retire as mavs at a discounted price.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #377
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marc Stein thinks there is. I think I'll trust his opinion over yours.

Nets gave Outlaw $35mil. They want Tyson Chandler, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Then you're an idiot. Want to make a bet? NO ONE is giving Tyson Chandler a maximum contract. You really think anyone would pay Tyson the same per as D12?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #378
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Also, no thanks to Crawford. Isn't one streaky jump-shooting 6th man enough?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #379
mavs777
Diamond Member

for those of you that think no one will break the bank for TC

RT @JonesOnTheNBA: I've asked a dozen people right now in the know and most see Tyson Chandler getting a near max deal
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #380
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post

RT @JonesOnTheNBA: I've asked a dozen people right now in the know and most see Tyson Chandler getting a near max deal
Operative word being "near".
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #381
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Then you're an idiot. Want to make a bet? NO ONE is giving Tyson Chandler a maximum contract. You really think anyone would pay Tyson the same per as D12?
IIRC you've always been the idiot on this forum. I don't really care about your opinion. You're not an insider, and you're not smarter than Marc Stein.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-01-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #382
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Go f yourself buddy. Nets are dumb enough to do it, they may be dumber than you are.
Then lets make a bet, stud.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #383
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda missed what's going on right above this post. Kinda.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #384
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

CadBane is a internet badass who knows what the workings of the NBA better than Marc Stein. That's all that's going on.

Anyway what's up BG? I never got to defend my fantasy football championship lol.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-01-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #385
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Catch-22.

We can't afford both...
I was going to write this exact same thing. Bad situation.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #386
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It must be basketball season!!!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #387
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post

Do these owners ever learn a thing. We're not even one week removed from a lockout where owners bitched about expenses, now they're at it again.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #388
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It must be basketball season!!!!!
This.

Welcome back everyone!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #389
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

I have no problem with Cuban letting Chandler go if teams are stupid enough to give him a max deal or close to it. He simply is not that good, not even a top 30 player.

People forget that Haywood is still quite a good center. Assuming Butler and Chandler both dip, I can't see the Mavs not retaining Barea. After that they will sign someone to fill in the gaps. Also depending on Roddy B's development and his performance early in the season he could be a valuable chip this year.

A lineup of:

Kidd/Barea/Roddy
Fernandez/Stevenson?/Roddy
Marion/?
Dirk/Cardinal
Haywood/Mahinmi/?

Not bad and worthy of top 4 in the west IMO. If the Mavericks can make it to the 2nd round that's a fine defense to me. Deron/Dwight have both been reported to have interest in Dallas, that's justification enough not to spend everything on Chandler, as good as he was this past season.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #390
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Marc Stein was just on with Ben and Skin and said that DWill wouldn't want to come to Dallas with just Dirk. He'd want Tyson on the team as well. Take that for what you will...
The good news is that I don't think Dwight Howard would give two sh*ts if TC leaves
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #391
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Yeah I'm sure if it were Dwight on this team instead of Ty, Deron wouldn't mind.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-01-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #392
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The good news is that I don't think Dwight Howard would give two sh*ts if TC leaves
Tyson would probably make a good trading chip if we wanted to go after Howard...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-01-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #393
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I've been thinking this myself. I've also been thinking, more generally, that's it's way too early to talk about what kind of strengths/prospects Dallas will be able to claim next summer when they're making their case to the first-tier free agents. So much depends on roster moves and player development between now and then.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #394
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Easily the dumbest post on this board. Dallas has never played with the defensive mentality that TC brought. It became part of the team.
I didn't say he was awful, but his numbers were down across the board from the regular season. He played pretty good team defense but he struggled quite a bit in his individual matchups w/ Aldridge and Bynum. He was solid, but people are remembering his performances as much more than they actually were just because the Mavs won the title.

Yes, he was the difference for the Mavs this year. Was that because he was GREAT, or because he's a solid center that was replacing Damp?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #395
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't say he was awful, but his numbers were down across the board from the regular season. He played pretty good team defense but he struggled quite a bit in his individual matchups w/ Aldridge and Bynum. He was solid, but people are remembering his performances as much more than they actually were just because the Mavs won the title.

Yes, he was the difference for the Mavs this year. Was that because he was GREAT, or because he's a solid center that was replacing Damp?
I think you're mis-remembering the Portland series. Check the game logs for Aldridge. His production slipped significantly as the series went along.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #396
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Tyson would probably make a good trading chip if we wanted to go after Howard...
Not if he's owed 45 million or so over the next three seasons after this one.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #397
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Hmm, good point... I was thinking a lower paycheck and some filler, but that's probably not going to be possible.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-01-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #398
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Jet (expiring), Booby, picks + TC for Hedo (bad contract) and Dwight.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #399
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fool's gold. We had a nice trade chip in Damp and actually it got us the Ring, but now Lebron, nor Bosh. But without that cap space, it's hard for a player to come out and say I want to go there despite no cap space....especially in free agency. Now would Orlando even want to sniff Tyson at 16 million per for 4 years?

It's much easier to recruit FA with the cap space to fit them under it. That's the first step, recruiting the player, 2nd step is the money, which at the end of the day is the easy part, given cap space.

Now if we manage to get Howard to pull a Melo, that's a different story. But what Melo did is rare, to be able to call your team, and get there. My hope is Howard demands a trade and picks Dallas.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #400
Popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think you're mis-remembering the Portland series. Check the game logs for Aldridge. His production slipped significantly as the series went along.
Fair point. Not sure if that was because of Tyson's defense or the Mavs team adjusting to Aldridge as the series went along. I do remember being frustrated at time with his man defense, but his team D and overall game was solid.

My point is as valuable as Tyson was he still had his flaws. His individual playoff performance was below his season averages. He came up huge at times just like everybody on the team, but that doesn't mean he deserves a $15m/year contract.