Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #1521
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I need to know what number VC is going to wear... anybody know? Can't see it in that pic
He is not a number; he is a free man!
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #1522
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
I need to know what number VC is going to wear... anybody know? Can't see it in that pic
#25.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #1523
fleadog99

fleadog99 is on a distinguished road

I still think, behind close doors.... Cuban is going after Dwight Howard. We could send Odom, Carter, Fernandez and/or West and/or Brewer. If it doesn't work then no one knows, and we have a great/deep team going forward. If it works and we get Dwight Howard.....crazy. You all know how sneaky/creative Cuban can be.
fleadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #1524
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
#25.
awesome, didn't know if he would change numbers or not, seems like he changes it from team to team
Old 12-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #1525
HubertJubberman

HubertJubberman is on a distinguished road

What are the odds that we do get Dwight? I understand were in the talks, but don't you think Hitl-I mean Stern would veto the trade?
HubertJubberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #1526
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubertJubberman View Post
What are the odds that we do get Dwight? I understand were in the talks, but don't you think Hitl-I mean Stern would veto the trade?
Stern can only veto trades involving the league owned Hornets.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #1527
FromDownTown!

FromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really niceFromDownTown! is just really nice

Isn't it amazing how mid-level to superstar caliber players now have Dallas on their radar as a team of choice. I remember when the discussion was "no one wants to come to Dallas". Win a championship ....they will come!

I love this team the FO has put together, however do what you need to do to get Howard here since we're on his short list.

Last edited by FromDownTown!; 12-13-2011 at 03:45 PM.
FromDownTown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #1528
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubertJubberman View Post
Stern can't veto trades outside of New Orleans, since they are currently owned by the league. I like the odds of us getting Dwight. I mean Cuban is a breath of fresh air in terms of owners throughout the league...even 12 years later. Others are still chasing him. Dwight complained about Otis, with the combined leadership of nelson-Cuban, he should be able to see the vision and foresight the Mavs brass have. I mean we let Chandler...most of the FA class from a championshp team leave and still end up with VC, Odom, West, while maiintaining cap flexibility...Howard's watching. He sees the Lakers get boned by Stern, he sees sources reveal his secret conversations with NJ brass. I mean if he had free choice, Mavs is an attractive destination.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #1529
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Normally I know this sort of thing but I lost track due to the lockout. So I have to ask when is the deadline for trades and free agency?

I have to say if we are able to land Howard along with the already acquired Odom and Carter I will feel like a kid in a candy store this off season.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #1530
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sources tell ESPN that Mavs are in advanced discussions to deal Rudy Fernandez to Denver Nuggets for future draft considerations
http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine
Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #1531
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
Stern can only veto trades involving the league owned Hornets.
Technically he can veto any trade but he won't touch any of the trades but the hornetts ones.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #1532
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
cool
Old 12-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #1533
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Considering the problems we're having with Rudy and his visa issues I like this move.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #1534
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I don't know where Rudy would fit anyway. IMO get rid of him and find a C to fill his roster spot.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #1535
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Well, too bad Rudy turned out to be every bit as douchey as his worst critics said. Doubt we get more than a 2nd rounder or two for him.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-13-2011 at 03:59 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #1536
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we get lucky, Hamilton freaks out completely at Denver's camp and they trade him back to us for Rudy, reversing the stupid Draft Day deal.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #1537
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #1538
euroRudy

euroRudy is on a distinguished road

i want to see Rudy in the NBA and not back in Spain...im hoping he signs for a team that gives him plenty of playing time so he can prove that he really belongs in this league..i dont know about Denver, and also i doubt they are the only ones interested. the Mavs should get at least a 1st round pick for him
euroRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #1539
mavs777
Diamond Member

If the Mavs can get another first round pick in 2012 I am a big fan if not don't include brewer

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine/...97934942113792

@ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein ESPN sources say that Denver covets Mavs swingman Corey Brewer as well and are trying to expand the deal to land Brewer with Fernandez
Old 12-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #1540
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
If the Mavs can get another first round pick in 2012 I am a big fan if not don't include brewer

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine/...97934942113792

@ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein ESPN sources say that Denver covets Mavs swingman Corey Brewer as well and are trying to expand the deal to land Brewer with Fernandez
Nene on a 1 year deal please.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #1541
mavs777
Diamond Member

There is 0 chance Nene agrees to a 1 year deal.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #1542
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
There is 0 chance Nene agrees to a 1 year deal.

Yeah I was just joking.

I'd like a player like Chris Anderson but I hate Chris Anderson.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #1543
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
HoopsHype's own @BarriHoopsHype confirms Rudy's Denver-bound. Mavs known to still have high hopes for Brewer but Denver in hunt for him, too
Don´t give them Brewer!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #1544
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

O.K. a first round for the 2012 draft for both of them. It's almost imposible, but...
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #1545
TexRockDFW

TexRockDFW is on a distinguished road

Does this trade if brewer/rudy are shipped out open the possibility that cubes resigns stevenson?
TexRockDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #1546
RowdyMav

RowdyMav is on a distinguished road

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7343125

Dirk seems happy with additions.
RowdyMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #1547
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Normally I know this sort of thing but I lost track due to the lockout. So I have to ask when is the deadline for trades and free agency?

I have to say if we are able to land Howard along with the already acquired Odom and Carter I will feel like a kid in a candy store this off season.
Trade Deadline this year is March 15. No deadline on free agent signings. You need to keep in mind that there are 3 players who signed in China, that cannot opt out until the season is over in March. Wilson Chandler, KMart and JR Smith.

Oh man, Howard would be nice, even if we get him as a FA signing in the offseason. Howard recognizes Cuban's acumen for this business. I posted earlier, that Howard sees Stern nix a trade of the Lakers, he sees a leak on the NJ end regarding their "secret meeting" Dallas just quietly sees all their FA's leave and get a nice reload back. Cuban sees more than just tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #1548
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRockDFW View Post
Does this trade if brewer/rudy are shipped out open the possibility that cubes resigns stevenson?
Definitely, creates a spot. But probably Cuban has a standing offer of a 1 year vet minimum.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #1549
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
Yeah I was just joking.

I'd like a player like Chris Anderson but I hate Chris Anderson.
Birdman has a couple years left on his deal, can't see Cubes taking this guy to reduce flexibility. Seems with this trade we'd create a trade exception, won't be surprised if this is used on that center.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #1550
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Dallas need another center, but can only offer the veteran's minimum and will only go one year. Here's who is available as an unrestrictd free agent:

Alexis Ajinca
Hilton Armstrong
Jason Collins
Samuel Dalembert
Erick Dampier
Francisco Elson
Kyrylo Fesenko
Nenad Krstic
DJ Mbenga
Nene
Joel Przybilla
Etan Thomas

Nene is clearly out of Dallas's range. Dalembert and Krstic are the clear class of the remainder of this group, but I can't see either of them signing for one year at the veteran's minimum. Armstrong and Fesenko might have some potential, but the Mavs need someone who can play this year.

So I think the choice is between Collins, Przybilla or Etan Thomas to give them some minutes this year. Who is the best option?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #1551
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap, give me Fesenko, DJ or Przybilla
Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #1552
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Would love Joel but he still didnt decide if he retires or not.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #1553
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I like the vanilla gorilla

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #1554
mavs777
Diamond Member

I hate Fasenko he has a little skilled but he is soft as a pillow, and can't make free throws to save his life. Actually wouldn't mind eton
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #1555
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hate Fasenko he has a little skilled but he is soft as a pillow, and can't make free throws to save his life. Actually wouldn't mind eton
WTF are you talking about? Soft? Fesenko isn't soft at all. He guarded Bynum better than anyone on our roster.

I'd prefer Joel, Fesenko, or Elson.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #1556
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Give me Joel...he wuld be the perfect fit IMO..I didnt even know he was available.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #1557
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'll add another vote for Pryz. Solid role player when healthy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #1558
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Give me Joel...he wuld be the perfect fit IMO..I didnt even know he was available.
He may not be right now. I saw a tweet from a Portland beat writer saying that Przybilla was planning to play but wasn't in any hurry to pick a team or get in camp.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #1559
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing that concerns me with him is his health, which has been noted here. Honestly, we're just looking for a guy that could top out at 15 minutes (in a real bind) and be ready to protect the rim and be physical. I have faith in Mahinmi being able to handle the backup position as best as he can. The big question will be Haywood and his motivation. I think he should fare well in the situation. I think Carter's Carolina connection can only help the situation.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #1560
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping Ian makes the leap, and believing it since he gave us quality minutes in the Finals, but we need another 7 feet defender in case of injury, foul trouble or hack-a-wood.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote