Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-01-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

This may seem weird to some people, but give it some thought.

Think about it the other way around. Do you think Garnett would be the player that he is if he had played for Portland? Don't you think Wallace would be better if he played for Minnesota?

To me, i would say that Wallace is the better player
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2003, 02:37 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Garnett is the greatest second fiddle in the game. Better than Pippen in every aspect of the game. But Garnett has never had a number 1 option to rely on like Pippen had for so many years in Chicago. If Garnett was on the Blazers, he would still be dominant (although the first 2 or 3 years he wouldn't have put up great numbers a la Jermaine). Garnett would be the best player the Blazers would have, but Garnett would be surrounded with a more skilled core.

Wallace on the other hand is a classic underachiever. He could probably put up Duncan, Webber, Dirk, KG numbers but **never has**. He is satisfied with 17 and 8. When Rasheed plays with passion he is a good/great player. But those nights are few and far between. Put him on the Wolves and Sheed would still be putting up 17 and 8, and causing the same problems off the court.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 02:46 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Raheed would get the ball a hole lot more in the paint if he played for Minnesota. Garnett would never get the ball in Portland. I think Garnett was put in a place where he could pad his numbers more.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 02-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Bayliss agree with you 100% on this one. Only thing that I might add is put KG on the Blazers to start his career and he might have developed serious off the court problems as well with bad influence on a young teen.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

No I don't think so. Garnett is longer and not a hothead crack head like Wallace. Garnett makes his team better Wallace has people saying "Rasheed" who Dale Davis. Enough said Wallace may have equal or better talent, but by far KG is the better player. Wallace can't take the reigns like KG so no I don't think so.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:39 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

If you want to see who's better by making his team better, then Wallace has the edge b/c they have the better record

~The Salesman
Old 02-01-2003, 11:19 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< If you want to see who's better by making his team better, then Wallace has the edge b/c they have the better record >>

But the Pacers have more talent that most teams in the league excluding Wallace. Even including Garnett the TWolves can't make that claim. Wallace plays on a better team, its not necessarily the better team because Wallace plays on it.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:02 AM   #8
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I hear this second fiddle thing a lot on this board, concerning Garnett, and I got to say it is ridiculous. KG is a top 10 player in this league, and that is not second fiddle.

And to compare Wallace and KG... PLEASE. The isn't a GM in the NBA who would compare the 2.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 01:18 AM   #9
LRB
Guru

<< And to compare Wallace and KG... PLEASE. The isn't a GM in the NBA who would compare the 2. >>

Oh I'm sure they would compare them, just not for longer than a second.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:46 AM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Ya'll have to have an open mind about this. Don't ya'll think Garnett would do something similar to what KG is doing if he played for Minnesota?

~The Salesman
Old 02-02-2003, 01:50 AM   #11
LRB
Guru

<< Ya'll have to have an open mind about this. Don't ya'll think Garnett would do something similar to what KG is doing if he played for Minnesota? >>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Garnett = KG and both do play for the TWolves.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:53 AM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

If WALLACE was on the T-Wolves, wouldn't he do the same thing as Kevin? Or close to it?

~The Salesman
Old 02-02-2003, 01:58 AM   #13
LRB
Guru

<< If WALLACE was on the T-Wolves, wouldn't he do the same thing as Kevin? Or close to it? >>

Ah, that makes sense. But no, I don't think Rasheed with do as well as KG on the TWolves. IMO KG is just a much better player. Rasheed is a very good player though. He might do better than his numbers at Portland, or he might not. 2 ways of looking at it.

1. At Minny he's the main guy and doesn't have to share the ball as much and gets more shots and more points because he is more of the focal point of the offense.

2. At Minny he's the main guy and doesn't have as many other offensive players to occupy the defense and gets poorer shots and scores less because he is more of the focal point of the defense.

Either way, I don't think he does as well as KG.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:24 AM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< I hear this second fiddle thing a lot on this board, concerning Garnett, and I got to say it is ridiculous. KG is a top 10 player in this league, and that is not second fiddle. >>

Pippen was a top 10 player for the Bulls and he was the second fiddle.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:01 AM   #15
Neger Kalle
Banned

Neger Kalle is on a distinguished road

<<

<< Ya'll have to have an open mind about this. Don't ya'll think Garnett would do something similar to what KG is doing if he played for Minnesota? >>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Garnett = KG and both do play for the TWolves.
>>

Neger Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:21 AM   #16
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

As a big fan of KG I would say he's a second fiddle too. Scottie Pippen has always been the best comparison. He's a very good all around player and a capable scorer but is not a #1 franchise player in the truest sense of the term. He is however such a great combination of rebounding, defensive ability and capable scoring that he can easily be mistaken for a #1. KG may very well be a top 10 player. Stephon Marbury isn't a top 10 player. But Stephon Marbury can take over a game and win it for you unlike KG even though KG might be an all around better player. As for KG vs Wallace I consider Wallace to be basically a second option too. He's a good player, but not a great player. It would depend on the circumstances of other people on your team but overall I think KG brings you more.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 09:27 AM   #17
Neger Kalle
Banned

Neger Kalle is on a distinguished road

<< This may seem weird to some people, but give it some thought.

if he had played for Portland? Don't you think Wallace would be better if he played for Minnesota?

To me, i would say that Wallace is the better player
>>

SEASON AVERAGES
Rebounds
MPG FG% 3P% FT% Off Def Tot APG SPG BPG TO A/TO PF PPG
35.9 .458 .389 .702 2.0 6.1 8.0 2.2 0.8 1.1 1.8 1.2 3.2 17.6

SEASON TOTALS
Rebounds
G GS Min FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A Off Def Tot Ast Stl Blk TO PF Pts
38 38 1363 254-554 56-144 106-151 75 231 306 84 32 40 70 123 670

SEASON AVERAGES
Rebounds
MPG FG% 3P% FT% Off Def Tot APG SPG BPG TO A/TO PF PPG
40.6 .480 .356 .768 2.8 10.0 12.8 5.7 1.4 1.5 2.8 2.0 2.4 21.8

SEASON TOTALS
Rebounds
G GS Min FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A Off Def Tot Ast StlBlk TO PF Pts
47 47 1907 388-808 16-45 235-306 130 470 600 268 68 70 132 115 1027

&quot;if&quot;...i like both of them and mr.garnett could've been
even better if he would've played for the blazers...
Neger Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:58 AM   #18
ma-gaga

ma-gaga is on a distinguished road

games suspended:
KG = 0
Wallace = 7

You tell me who helps their team more?
ma-gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

<< games suspended:
KG = 0
Wallace = 7

You tell me who helps their team more?
>>

Don't forget the key marijuana arrests statistic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 12:25 AM   #20
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I hear this second fiddle thing a lot on this board, concerning Garnett, and I got to say it is ridiculous. KG is a top 10 player in this league, and that is not second fiddle. And to compare Wallace and KG... PLEASE. The isn't a GM in the NBA who would compare the 2.

-- A definitive, thread ending comment. Very well said, GRBH.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:36 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Rasheed is one of the most underrated players in the NBa. The only thing stopping him from being a top 10 player is his attitude. He has the talent and the skills to be a top 10 player but his attitude and his frustration makes him play stupid. If Rasheed had attitude of KG I would compare the too and might give the edge to Rasheed. KG is a terrific passer but Rasheed has a nice 3 point stroke. If Rasheed would take his game inside and then come out his game would be more comparable to Garnett's.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote