Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #321
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'll retract my suspicion of the NYDN tweet since this is now being reported by other sources. I will not, however, retract my statement that the NYDN is a gossip rag.
Well, obviously it's a gossip rag - do they cover any athletes who DON'T have a reality TV show?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #322
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
Did it just get fatter in here?
Certainly did, that boy has officially demanded a trade and has sat the last 2 games.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #323
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Dirk's gonna have to let LO know Cubes will be Cubes. True he made a couple of bone headed decisions on those two plays, but we seriously have other players *cough* JET *cough* who make bone headed plays every time they touch the ball.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #324
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Well, obviously it's a gossip rag - do they cover any athletes who DON'T have a reality TV show?
They rode LINSanity like you wouldn't believe, especially Lupica. Sucking it for all it's worth over here in NYC.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #325
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

What exactly am I looking for. And is that at 1:00:05? I didn't even see odom in the game then.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-07-2012 at 09:10 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #326
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Knicks get the rebound and push the ball upcourt at about 1:00:22. Watch Odom -- he doesn't get above a lazy jog at any point in the approximate 30-second time frame leading into the timeout. Gets in a defensive stance for less than 5 seconds against Chandler but loses him right before getting beat up and down the court (literally) by Landry Fields.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #327
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I also saw a rotten attempt to stop ball against Lin.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #328
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Odom is making it hard to root and cheer for him...I know he's playing SF and a little bit of PF in Dallas but he still seems like he could care less.

I don't remember the last Mavs player I seen get this many free passes like Odom is getting, I don't think Josh Howard got this many free passes when he was here.

Odom has the same body language as Josh Howard after the Devin Harris trade from what I seen this season, Howard was never the same after the Devin trade.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #329
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

On the Cuban/Odom interaction after Odom failed to run the floor... I just happened to be sitting three rows back, between Cuban and the basket, last night. Unfortunately, I was too involved in yelling at Odom to get back on D to catch the very beginning. But I'll relate it as accurately as I can.

On the previous offensive possession, Odom didn't really get into the play. There was either a turnover or quick shot and long rebound, and the Knicks got the ball back up the court in a hurry. Odom was the only Mav who had so much as a chance to get back in time to be anywhere near the paint, and he gave up on the play around 20 feet out or so.

Knicks score, Rick calls a timeout, I stand up and yell at Odom to get back on D. Where I was sitting, the basket stanchion blocked my view of the left side of the court. So I stood up to see if any other Mav was near the play, in front of Odom, as I yelled. So I turned away from the bench and Cuban. Cuban is yelling, but it's usual Cubes volume/passion so it doesn't register with me right away.

Rather than go to his right, towards the huddle, Odom walks more through the paint and towards the baseline where Al Whitley sits. He looks pissed in a simmering sort of "I'm trying to be calm but want to kick someone's ass" way. I didnt see what he was mouthing, except that it ended in, "...fucking basketball."

About that time it dawned on me that he was directing his words to the far end of the bench, I looked over and saw that Cuban had sat down. Concurrently, the shorter black dude that sits on the floor by Al stood up, patted Odom on the chest, and sort of turned him back towards the huddle. Odom kinda had a head-shaking disposition about him.

That was all...the guy sitting next to me said that Cuban had yelled "run the floor!" I didn't hear specifics myself, and assume more words were likely said on both sides.

Also, and I could kick myself now for not paying better attention, but at one point, Cuban sat on the bench next to Lamar and looked to be encouraging him and having a generally positive exchange about the game. I don't know if this was before or after the other situation. It could have been either. Also, of note, Cuban had similar on-bench exchanges with Kidd, Carter, and Marion throughout the game that I saw.

Last edited by Rhylan; 03-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #330
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What exactly am I looking for. And is that at 1:00:05? I didn't even see odom in the game then.
That is the one hour mark not one minute mark. If you just go to that point, that's when the plays that are talked about are unfolding.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #331
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

@RealLamarOdom: Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #332
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Odom spelled the first name wrong, but you get the point:
Tweet -
"Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro."

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 03-08-2012 at 12:40 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #333
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Who's Frank?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #334
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Who's Frank?
Frank Gallagher

or

this guy
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #335
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon if you watch the video there is no doubt about it. Lamar loafed and Cuban yelled at him for it.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #336
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Odom spelled the first name wrong, but you get the point
Whoops, I just changed ALOT of Marc's to Mark's on youtube and MMB
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #337
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
That is the one hour mark not one minute mark. If you just go to that point, that's when the plays that are talked about are unfolding.
Thanks...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #338
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
@RealLamarOdom: Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro.
Man...he's worrying about the wrong things.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #339
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Man...he's worrying about the wrong things. If he were in the gym, he wouldn't have time to care about this stuff.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #340
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man...he's worrying about the wrong things. If he were in the gym, he wouldn't have time to care about this stuff.
Just seems like there is always some dramatic issue with this guy. He needs to quit that absolutely terrible tv show and yes hit the damn gym.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #341
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Cmon if you watch the video there is no doubt about it. Lamar loafed and Cuban yelled at him for it.
That's true, but Cuban yells at everyone the whole game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #342
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Frank Gallagher

or

this guy
He does have a picture of Italy as the world cup champions, so there is definite reason to hate on him.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #343
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
He does have a picture of Italy as the world cup champions, so there is definite reason to hate on him.
+1
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #344
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think there's any problem with him taking 20-30 seconds to write a tweet that dispels the myth that there's bad blood between him in the owner. Seems like the right thing to do, in fact. Better to not let those rumors fester.

And I know you weren't really being literal, but nobody spends all day in the gym. These guys have some semblance of free time, just like any other professional.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #345
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I don't think there's any problem with him taking 20-30 seconds to write a tweet that dispels the myth that there's bad blood between him in the owner. Seems like the right thing to do, in fact. Better to not let those rumors fester.

And I know you weren't really being literal, but nobody spends all day in the gym. These guys have some semblance of free time, just like any other professional.
I have no problem with someone responding to friends about tweets etc. But back and forth with the media ala Lebron...I don't know..It sort of comes across to me as someone who is way more interested in their persona than needed.

I mean Marion is tweeting all of the time about who the heck knows what, but rarely do you see him engage back and forth with someone, it's a losing battle imo. It's not a message board for goodness sakes!

IMO Odoms best course of action is to be very diligent about doing his job and let the other stuff roll off his back. If this tweet from some journalists bugs him how does he deal with boos at the AAC.

The fella just seems fragile to me...The whole thing is hardly worth his time to think about.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #346
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no problem with someone responding to friends about tweets etc. But back and forth with the media ala Lebron...I don't know..It sort of comes across to me as someone who is way more interested in their persona than needed.

I mean Marion is tweeting all of the time about who the heck knows what, but rarely do you see him engage back and forth with someone, it's a losing battle imo. It's not a message board for goodness sakes!

IMO Odoms best course of action is to be very diligent about doing his job and let the other stuff roll off his back. If this tweet from some journalists bugs him how does he deal with boos at the AAC.

The fella just seems fragile to me...The whole thing is hardly worth his time to think about.
I actually agree with you generally about letting the extraneous stuff "roll of his back," but this particular one implicated his owner as well.

And we all know he cares about what people think of him. That'll never change. He was the exact same way when he was playing incredibly well with the Lakers, so it doesn't preclude being good at his job. He's gotta figure out a way to do both, because that core aspect of his personality isn't going anywhere.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #347
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I seem to remember people saying similar things about JET last year...

Your premise of Lamar not changing is horribly flawed, being that there has been a clear change from last year to this year. So change happens. The notion that human behavior is fixed in some artificial vacuum is completely disprovable by even the most cursory analysis of basic human psychology.

Dirk changes for the playoffs, getting to the rim more, Kidd looks to score more, even Barea changed his game as the season progressed last year. Being that Lamar's problems seem to be psychological from most of the reports and interviews I've read, there is really no way to forecast what will happen. His skillset hasn't diminished, nor has his size, so all that is required for him to do to turn things around is a mental adjustment, albeit a significant one. If that happens, I think that many fans will come to appreciate what he can bring. If it doesn't, then your view of him being just a body to give Dirk rest will be accurate.
I just dont think there is anything that can be said or done to make Lamar Odom buy into this team this year, whatever the reasons are. All the chances, the overwhelming support from everyone involved, and a personal meeting with the guy that signs his check. Its just not working in my mind.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #348
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more with MacMahon's take on the Cuban yelling at Odom...

Quote:
If Mark Cuban yelling at a player was always headline news, we’d never have time to write about anything else around these parts.

As Cuban told ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM’s Ben Rogers via text: “I yell at all of our guys. From top to bottom when I think they need to hear it.”

No, Cuban yelling at Lamar Odom during Tuesday night’s win over the Knicks isn’t a huge story, and Cuban points out that Odom wasn’t the only player who was the target of his raised voice that night.

Odom took to Twitter to do his part in putting out this mini-firestorm, which was sparked by a series of tweets by New York Daily News scribe Frank Isola.

“Me and Marc Cuban are cool! Frank u can't lie 4 a story. Unethical Bro,” Odom tweeted.

A misspelling can be forgiven in the NBA, even if it’s the name of the man who signs the checks. Loafing shouldn’t be so easily overlooked.

And that’s the real story here. Who cares that Cuban yelled at a player? Let’s focus on why he yelled at Khloe’s little Lam Lam.

Cuban’s little outburst came after one of Odom’s least energetic sequences of the season, and that’s really saying something. Odom failed to get past midcourt on a Mavs transition possession and still allowed Landry Fields to run right by him for an uncontested layup.

A few games back from a bizarre 10-day hiatus, less than a week after coach Rick Carlisle publicly demanded that Odom play like his "pants are on fire," and Odom doesn't even bother running the floor in either direction?

Cuban has been yelling at players since he was an anonymous fan. That’s not going to change.

Odom has been loafing all season. That has to change.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...cubans-yelling

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #349
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

we need him in this b2b2b...weak up lamar!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #350
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Exactly.
Even then, he went to the AAC before the team departed yesterday to get some more work in with the coaching staff.

So, yeah.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #351
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's true, but Cuban yells at everyone the whole game.
Yeah. I just don't get the lying and unethical charges. The tweet looks like pretty reasonable description of what happened.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #352
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Slow news day, so I'm going to re-post this blurb from Stein, even though he doesn't think will happen:

Quote:
A trade scenario involving Kaman that is making the rounds in Dallas -- which would call for the Mavs to send Lamar Odom (plus at least one more small piece) to New Orleans in a deal for the burly center -- is feasible mathematically.

Just don't expect it to actually happen.

Sources say that Mavs owner Mark Cuban is adamant about wanting Odom to finish the season in Dallas despite Odom's well-chronicled struggles to adapt to post-Laker life. The Mavericks also don't have the spare first-round pick the Hornets would want for Kaman after using their 2012 first-rounder in the swap with the Lakers to get Odom.
Kaman is an expiring contract and might even be a solid Plan B center to re-sign this summer if Dwight Howard doesn't materialize. We could still amnesty Haywood, or depending on how everything goes down, we could roll with a two-headed Kaman/Haywood tandem at the 5 next season.

Just food for thought...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #353
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Just food for thought...
Food that I'm enjoying the taste of!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #354
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

How poetic would it be for Odom to end up in New Orleans anyway.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #355
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

This team needs more than Odom standing around and jacking up shots. Other night vs Phx, he finally faked out someone & drove the baseline and dunked the ball. That was Odom of the Lakers but very seldom does he want to give that much effort. It is easier to just jack up a shot and jog back to the defensive end. Almost like, please give me away or send me to California.

In the playoffs and in the second rd on, you have to be able to score inside also. This team is trying to drift back to Nelson ball but we are old playing that way. If this team had some size down low, in the painted area, and a man that could score the ball, it would take pressure off Kidd, Terry and Dirk. it would be good if the big man played good defense as well. If we are hot(Finley/Nash days) then we can win but if we are not, we have nothing inside to score easy baskets & just go ahead shooting outside jumpers. Instead of Odom playing inside/outside and taking a smaller man down in the post, he just does his best LaFrenz with jacking up long shots. Marion needs some help with a work horse in the painted area. So does Dirk.

Atleast Kaman will try. Kaman will also stay in the painted area. Odom won't try & doesn't seem to care. I would rather Dirk, Terry, Carter, Kidd shooting than Odom. His size would have been good(Odom) and if he had been 50% what he was with the Lakers. It is going to be hard to do much in the playoffs, playing the style we are but maybe the Mavs have no other choice because they traded inside offense & defense for a LaFrentz in Odom. It hurts also West got hurt and he was alot better than i knew. Odom is just not good & his minutes takes shots and time from others.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #356
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

That would be a perfect trade. We would again have a center who is an offensive threat. Also, one with size. With Wood out/injured/in foul trouble, we lack an alternate legit sized center.

But I doubt it happens.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #357
LonghornDub

What's Kaman's contract look like? Team option?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #358
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
next year he will be FA! no options!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #359
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My understanding is that he's just an expiring.

I have a hard time imagining Dallas and NO working anything out before the trade deadline, but I won't at all be surprised if Kaman ends up being a pretty high priority (tier 2, after DD) free agent target for the Mavs this offseason. And I have no doubt that they'd love to sign him to finish out the season if he gets waived this year.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 03-10-2012 at 08:15 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #360
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

I thought sources said NO wanted something for Kaman. They aren't just going to buy him out. It makes no sense to do that.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hopehegetsgilloolyed, lamar odom > cadbane, lol khloe, odom's bag of rocks, odom's empty bag