Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I like the idea of getting Scola in part because we have 2 front court guys with frequent injuries in their histories. We also have a high value guy in Wright. We are paying him less than 1 million but he's playing like he's worth 3 or 4. Scola is still the better player, but I think Wright is the kind of guy who could get teams to take DoJo's 2.2 million or Roddy's 3.3 million in exchange for a very good shooting guard. I'd hate to lose him, but if we can get a better than average 2 out of the deal, this team could really make some noise.
Dojo's number for next year that you cited is a team option. And I think we'd all obviously be shocked if they picked that up.

And I'd also be pretty shocked if it took BWright for someone to take Roddy's one year contract next off season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #122
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously, my lineup wasn't serious. However, I suppose going with Scola isn't a bad option if you're unable to pick up a SG.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #123
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yeah, I'm not going to throw a fit if they bid and claim him. Although I'm a little more set in my opinion than I was yesterday. I'll always wonder what they could've done at SG if they get him and just sign Delonte.
Delonte plus a decent two and I'd be quite content....

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #124
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

As would I..
Old 07-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #125
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Scola would be a really good dirk backup, much better than wright (can't shoot), but it would seem pretty crowded with kaman/brand taking all of the center minutes. You might get kaman/brand to really challenge shots and play balls to the wall ( is that acceptable? ) so that their minutes are reduced and you have Scola entirely backing up the dirkster.

He would be a really nice luxury but some shooters seems to be a bigger need.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-15-2012 at 11:57 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #126
Murphy3
Guru

I just don't see how there's enough minutes unless you're going to go with 3 bigs from time to time (5 minutes a game or so). That would really be the only option that I can see. Dirk will surely get at 32-33 minutes. 24 for Brand, 24 for Kaman, 24 for Scola.
That would get you up to 105 minutes. Everyone would be able to stay relatively fresh. Obviously, those minutes would be helped out by injuries.. could get away with 5 minutes a game with 3 bigs playing with the rest of the per game minutes being covered by injuries. Most of them are old.. they would all likely miss a handful of games.

It could work. However, you have to decide that it's the way you want to go. You'd be building up an awfully nice asset pool.. An asset pool of guys that can actually play, not just expiring and/or cheap contracts. And you'd probably also have to come to the conclusion that there's no one out there that you want to pick up at the SG spot with the money that you'd need for Scola.

Even at that, I still think there's some better options out there.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #127
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

When you pick up guys with injury histories like Brand and Kaman, you need a backup plan. I say bring him in.

Last edited by xrobx; 07-15-2012 at 12:00 PM.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #128
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Lets say we signed Scola and Aaron Brooks how would our lineup shake out?
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #129
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

i dont want scola, id rather give PT to Wright!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #130
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
i dont want scola, id rather give PT to Wright!
Huh? Wright already is losing PT with the Kaman and Brand signings, Scola is a PF
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #131
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
Huh? Wright already is losing PT with the Kaman and Brand signings, Scola is a PF
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...shakeconan.gif

Last edited by clutch#41; 07-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #132
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Tough to post just the pic it seems...

As expected:
Quote:
Source: #Cavs put a bid on Luis Scola
http://cleveland.sbnation.com/clevel...cavs-mavericks
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #133
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Tough to post just the pic it seems...

As expected:

http://cleveland.sbnation.com/clevel...cavs-mavericks
I'm glad. Regardless of whether the Mavs get him, I was really hoping somebody would bid. Seeing him go to SA for chump change would have hurt.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #134
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Is today when they announce the winning bid? I hope Cleveland or Charlotte get him.

I don't see Scola playing anything but PF. There is no a big lineup, big enough to have him playing SF. Can you imagine Scola dribbling around the perimeter or trying to guard the average SF? There is no a small lineup, small enough to have him playing Center. Name one starting center in the league not licking his chops at that thought?

I really don't know how many minutes Scola played as SF or Center just my eye test.

All consider, If he falls in our lap, i will not be that disappoint

Last edited by pepe; 07-15-2012 at 02:18 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #135
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

On offense, Scola could easily play the center position. On defense, it's obviously a little more tricky, but he could play with Kaman on the floor, or even with Dirk, Dirk can guard any center not named Bynum, Howard, or Pekovic. He would be a great depth addition (him and Brand could play 24-24 minutes, keeping Dirk and Kaman's minutes around 30), no to mention, a very good asset. I hope we get him too.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-15-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #136
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
Is today when they announce the winning bid? I hope Cleveland or Charlotte get him.
Yep, around 5pm ET we know who gets him. Or maybe earlier per twitter.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #137
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
On offense, Scole could easily play the center position. On defense, it's obviously a little more tricky, but he could play with Kaman on the floor, or even with Dirk, Dirk can guard any center not named Bynum, Howard, or Pekovic. He would be a great depth addition (him and Brand could play 24-24 minutes, keeping Dirk and Kaman's minutes around 30), no to mention, a very good asset. I hope we get him too.
IMO Dirk and Scola on defense will not be fun and why shift the burden in defense to Dirk...He should be able to coast as much as possible on defense guarding the opposite offensively challenge 4/5.

Looking as his minutes distribution the last 3 years he played center in occasions maybe RC will find a way to get him some minutes there
Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #138
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
On offense, Scola could easily play the center position. On defense, it's obviously a little more tricky, but he could play with Kaman on the floor, or even with Dirk, Dirk can guard any center not named Bynum, Howard, or Pekovic. He would be a great depth addition (him and Brand could play 24-24 minutes, keeping Dirk and Kaman's minutes around 30), no to mention, a very good asset. I hope we get him too.
For those against the Scola pickup, Against s team that plays PF/C with little to no low post game like OKC : (Ibaka, Collison, Perk) he could easily play along side dirk, kaman or Brand. Talent first, worry about the scheme later. That's carlisle's job. I hope we snag him.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #139
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Guys with a post game in the west that require guarding in the post:
Al Jefferson
Bynum
Marc Gasol
Duncan
Z-Bo
Pau Gasol
Millsap
Griffin *

Thats matchup " uses" with only Utah, Lakers, Memphis, SAS, and possibly Clippers w/ Griffin. I'll take my chances

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #140
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
For those against the Scola pickup, Against s team that plays PF/C with little to no low post game like OKC : (Ibaka, Collison, Perk) he could easily play along side dirk, kaman or Brand. Talent first, worry about the scheme later. That's carlisle's job. I hope we snag him.
That's exactly my point...What would Duran, Westbrook and Harden do knowing that Scola and Dirk are the last line of attack?

Scola is a hell of a player, High BBIQ and crafty like I said before much rather go somewhere else but if he end it up here, I probably warm up to the idea
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #141
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's exactly my point...What would Duran, Westbrook and Harden do knowing that Scola and Dirk are the last line of attack?

Scola is a hell of a player, High BBIQ and crafty like I said before much rather go somewhere else but if he end it up here, I probably warm up to the idea
Being that our perimeter defense is light years ahead of last year's squad, I think that you could manage a few minutes with Dirk and Scola on the floor at the same time. Spacing would be huge with both Scola and Dirk having the ability to score from distance and up close.

Scola would also be a huge dangling carrot for sweetening a trade, but even if he were to stay, you have a guy that can spell Dirk and absolutely cause fits coming off the bench. Having high value/low salary guys filling out your roster will also entice free agents to come here.

I would much rather flip some of our young role players to get a viable SG than pass up instant offense coming off the bench. Also, this league is getting smaller and smaller in regards to lineups, so the vast majority of teams in this league don't present a viable post presence worthy of passing on a player of Scola's quality.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #142
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Being that our perimeter defense is light years ahead of last year's squad, I think that you could manage a few minutes with Dirk and Scola on the floor at the same time. Spacing would be huge with both Scola and Dirk having the ability to score from distance and up close.

Scola would also be a huge dangling carrot for sweetening a trade, but even if he were to stay, you have a guy that can spell Dirk and absolutely cause fits coming off the bench. Having high value/low salary guys filling out your roster will also entice free agents to come here.

I would much rather flip some of our young role players to get a viable SG than pass up instant offense coming off the bench. Also, this league is getting smaller and smaller in regards to lineups, so the vast majority of teams in this league don't present a viable post presence worthy of passing on a player of Scola's quality.
Good post.
I only like Scola if they are planning on using as trade fodder, but still, I like your optimism.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #143
pepe

If Scola end up with the Mavs, I imagine that this has RC blessings and he will find a way to get him minutes in the floor and contribute. The guy is too good not to be in the floor at least 24 minutes.

Honestly as long as the signing will not the derail the Mavs from upgrading the G spot I am OK
Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #144
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just not convinced that Scola is a huge trade asset, even at his lowered price.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #145
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

If there was a SG like Courtney Lee to be had for the money that's left, I'd definitely prefer him over Scola due to our lack of shooters. However, Scola would certainly be better than a mediocre SG and could turn into a very nice trade chip next year. The most important thing is that he gets claimed by one of the eligible teams to not end up in Miami, Brooklyn or San Antonio. Since the Cavs seem to have made a bid, things look good in that respect.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #146
pepe

Looks like the Cavs and Mavs are the only bidders...just a rumor

Last edited by pepe; 07-15-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #147
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Scola is a very nice talent and had the Mavs not gotten Brand and Kaman, I woul;d love the Mavs to have him. But with those guys already here... not enough minutes for everyone. It would be the 2003-2004 season all over with 3 of your best players playing the same position.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #148
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Scola is a very nice talent and had the Mavs not gotten Brand and Kaman, I woul;d love the Mavs to have him. But with those guys already here... not enough minutes for everyone. It would be the 2003-2004 season all over with 3 of your best players playing the same position.
There will be enough minutes, especially once somebody inevitably goes down with an injury.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #149
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looks like the Cavs and Mavs are the only bidders...just a rumor
Annoying Cavs. Go away!

Scola would get us a very nice G at the trade deadline or next summer. Think big!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #150
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, Phoenix won.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #151
pepe

Phoenix bound as per Stein
Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #152
Kante
Diamond Member

Yep, it's Phoenix:
Quote:
Phoenix Suns are awarded ex-Rockets forward Luis Scola, per league sources. Houston used amnesty clause on Scola Friday.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #153
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There will be enough minutes, especially once somebody inevitably goes down with an injury.
I'm not talking about injuries. In the playoffs, having those 4 will not be a good thing for cohesion with the team. Sure Brand comes off the bench. He'll like that. But then who do close with? Dirk obviously but then? Then you have two of the guys not really defensive players so if you pair them together you have the Antoine/Dirk situation as well.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #154
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Scola and Gortat is a nice front court. A little bit like (poor man's) Dirk and Tyson.

Last edited by markus1234; 07-15-2012 at 04:13 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #155
Bayliss

It's moot now anyway.

Funny, two Rockets playing together again in Phoenix.

Last edited by Bayliss; 07-15-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #156
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dragic is going to have some nice bigs to work with in Phoenix (Gortat and Scola).
Old 07-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #157
pepe

I am glad he got claimed from waivers and the Mavs didn't get him. The Suns are trying to assemble a team and he will fit there.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #158
Bayliss

Josh Childress just got amnestied. Sign him up Mavs.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #159
pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Josh Childress just got amnestied. Sign him up Mavs.
Why not at this point the Mavs are amnesty happy, keep making bids at a minimum. Who is next?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #160
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

That's a perfect fit for Dragic. Bring him a familiar big man.