Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-01-2001, 02:04 AM   #1
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Ahhhh I have exams for the next two weeks, PEACE OUT!
Old 06-01-2001, 07:20 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Jesus, exams? I haven't had to deal with those in about a month!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I think they tell time differently in Australia. It's like december there right now. Something to do with relativity.
Old 06-02-2001, 02:39 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Scooter--that sucks! Im done with all that stuff, thank you very much.

Hang in there, it'll be over soon.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:01 PM   #5
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Dude...I made a 98 on my Spanish final!
Old 06-05-2001, 10:14 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Flying Tiger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2001, 10:19 PM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Thanks...I struggled through the whole year. It was Spanish II and know I'm through with Spanish. It kinda sucks because the only thing that is keeping me from graduating with distinguished honors is my 3rd year of Spanish, but I don't think that I could pass it.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:36 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

OMG, I was the same way. I took the required 2 years of Spanish (or some other foreign language) and left it at that. Your first year is the easiest, my second year was a total joke because we went through 4 teachers and we didn't learn a thing, let me tell you. I started out my 3rd year and could tell I wasn't going to make so got out of that thank you very much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2001, 04:48 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

yeah, that sucks...I'm not ever going to use Spanish. I don't think that foriegn languages should be required.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I made the mistake of trying to do a spanish double major in college (took five years of it previously)..ended up just minoring in it b/c I really couldn't stand it after the second year.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 04:53 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

lucky me, i took 0 foreign languages in college
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 11:46 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

no kidding murph... what kind of school requires no foreign language credits?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 08:14 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

alot of business schools don't require a foreign language.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:23 AM   #14
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I finished all my exams, I'm very very tired.
Old 06-13-2001, 08:50 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

welcome back scooter. i have an exam thursday night
Old 06-13-2001, 11:23 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Biological sciences majors don't have to take foreign language credits either. I think the deal is that math-type courses are considered "on par" with a foreign language.
I love foreign languages though! I used to speak a some German (spent 3 months in Austria/Germany), but, with no one to converse with, it fades. This brings up how I got introduced to the NBA! A family friend wanted to introduce me to Dirk since she thought he might be lonely for someone who could appreciate his background, and that we'd have fun hanging out. I wasn't comfortable with such an idea, but I did come to love the team as I learned about the kind of character they possess. Once I started to learn about NBA ball, I became pretty crazy about it.
(I'm probably going to get it for making this post, but I let the excitement get to me)
Old 06-13-2001, 12:31 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

no, you're not trying to brag about who you know or anything, just letting us know about a personal experience..which is cool