Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-11-2003, 02:00 PM   #1
TexRich23

TexRich23 is on a distinguished road

ESPN.com news services

It looks like the pieces are nearly in place for Annika Sorenstam to become the first woman in 58 years to play in a PGA Tour event, according to a magazine report.

Will Annika Sorenstam's short game be enough to make her competitive on the PGA Tour? We might find out at the Colonial.

Sorenstam could be offered an exemption to the Colonial in May, and sources have indicated that -- if offered -- she would accept, Golf World reported Monday.

Golf World cited unnamed sources as saying Bank of America, in its first year as the title sponsor, wants Sorenstam to play. The Colonial is May 22-25 in Fort Worth, Texas.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Taking the tee off from the men's championship marks? She has no chance, I suppose.
Old 02-11-2003, 02:47 PM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

she has a good chance as any other male player at the colonial.

her avg drive off the tee last year was 265 yrds.

nick price, the player who won the colonial last year, his average drive was 266 yrds. the course isnt made for big drivers. its made for people who are accurate and can place the ball on the narrow greens.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

So my brother is a member of Colonial, and we had dinner on Sunday. My dad asked him straight up if they were pursuing Sorenstam for the Colonial? My brother said they weren't. Lying jackass.

Aexchange, I see you were listening to the mix between Norm and BAD Radio today.

She will get pummelled. For every driver she hits, Justin Leonard will be pulling a 3-iron and Tiger will using a 5-iron.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #5
TexRich23

I bet she has a good showing
Old 02-11-2003, 03:04 PM   #6
TexRich23

according to Phil Mickelson, she win not win if she uses Nike Clubs.

(drum roll)

Old 02-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< So my brother is a member of Colonial, and we had dinner on Sunday. My dad asked him straight up if they were pursuing Sorenstam for the Colonial? My brother said they weren't. Lying jackass.

Aexchange, I see you were listening to the mix between Norm and BAD Radio today.

She will get pummelled. For every driver she hits, Justin Leonard will be pulling a 3-iron and Tiger will using a 5-iron.
>>

indeed i was. i dont know if she is going to get pummelled or not. i would almost be willing to bet that she wont get beat down. the field is sort of watered down this year, so i wouldnt be too surprised if she finishes in the middle of the pack.

i dont think she is going to win however. i dont think it will be her skill level that prevents her, but rather her nerves.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:22 PM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The Colonial is a mid-major. It will be well attended. Last year, they had 19 of the top 20 U.S. players. Only Tiger missed it, and that was because his sponsor wouldn't let him. Tiger is expected to play this year. So that is 20-20 and it doesn't conflict with the Deutchbank tournament either. I bet she doesn't make the cut.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 02-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #9
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I will be very suprised if she's even in contention with the &quot;leader board&quot;.

So does this open the doors to letting Tiger compete on the womens tour?
I'm sure they need the ratings.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

This is the only Women's Tour I think Tiger is interested in.

Old 02-11-2003, 06:35 PM   #11
TexRich23

he he[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2003, 02:42 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

When is the cut? 'til friday?
Old 02-12-2003, 02:44 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

she will beat several players i'm sure, but by no means will she be towards the front
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 04:01 PM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< When is the cut? 'til friday? >>

Well, first of all the cut is after Friday's round; so, yes. Second the particular Friday in question is mid-may.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I like to be prepared with enough time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]