Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #3081
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Part 2
http://www.mavsfastbreak.com/2012/10...dirk-part-two/
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #3082
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/10...mp;feedID=3628
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #3083
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
hook shot? you got to be kidding me...
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #3084
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
hook shot? you got to be kidding me...
It's something he's thrown out a few times in a game, but he really wants to bring it into the mix on a regular basis.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #3085
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

He tried that quite a few times early in past seasons, but as the seasons went on he used it less and less. I think it's a personality thing. You can master it but never fall in love with doing it. I personally don't like throwing hook shots. Fade-aways just feel better than hook shots.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #3086
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

He should mix it up and shoot the hook some. The hook is an easier shot on your body that requires less space to shoot.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #3087
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Typical Dirk. He wants to do it perfectly with a high % that's why he hesitates. Almost like a rookie who is afraid of his coach. Dirk is afraid of himself and his high standards.

Last edited by markus1234; 10-05-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #3088
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk being real:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/...on-flops.html/

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 10-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #3089
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am expecting to see Ginobili lose 5 grands every week...

Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #3090
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs in Germany

Arrival

Sikeseeing

Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #3091
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs in Germany

Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #3092
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Mavs in Germany

Dirk honored

Rick

Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #3093
Geschwindner

Geschwindner is a jewel in the roughGeschwindner is a jewel in the roughGeschwindner is a jewel in the roughGeschwindner is a jewel in the rough
Default Fantastic Dirk & Holger Article

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-860109.html

Basketball star Dirk Nowitzki was but an awkward teenager when Holger Geschwindner first saw him play. But Geschwindner quickly took the young player under his wing and helped turn him into one of the best players the game has ever seen. The two spoke with SPIEGEL about the ups and downs of their relationship.

[...]
SPIEGEL: After you switched to the NBA, did you consider entrusting yourself to a US player's agent?

Nowitzki: Yes.

Geschwindner: There are a couple of funny stories about that.

Nowitzki: Do you know the movie "Jerry Maguire," starring Tom Cruise as an agent? We met a few guys like that for interviews. It was like stand-up comedy. With all of them, it was clear to me after only a few minutes that I didn't want someone like that around me -- and that I'd rather lose one or two endorsement deals for a little more peace and quiet.
Geschwindner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #3094
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle's a stud.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #3095
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geschwindner View Post

Basketball star Dirk Nowitzki was but an awkward teenager when Holger Geschwindner first saw him play. But Geschwindner quickly took the young player under his wing and helped turn him into one of the best players the game has ever seen. The two spoke with SPIEGEL about the ups and downs of their relationship.

[...]
SPIEGEL: After you switched to the NBA, did you consider entrusting yourself to a US player's agent?

Nowitzki: Do you know the movie "Jerry Maguire," starring Tom Cruise as an agent? We met a few guys like that for interviews. It was like stand-up comedy. With all of them, it was clear to me after only a few minutes that I didn't want someone like that around me -- and that I'd rather lose one or two endorsement deals for a little more peace and quiet.
Wow dude, amazing article. Thanks for posting that up!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #3096
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geschwindner View Post

[...]

That's easily the best interview with Dirk I've ever read - lots of elaboration on the details of his career that only hardcore fans would pay attention to. Very candid.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #3097
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It is so easy to see why people in Dallas welcomed this goofy kid from Germany.. He will be missed when that time comes.. Hopefully the Mavs can squeeze another decade out of him.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #3098
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely been a privilege. Thanks hotsch for posting it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #3099
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

So while Dirk was humble, quiet and likable, Kobe decided to say a few things about his (former) teammates.

"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team...[Smush Parker was] the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #3100
markus1234
Platinum Member

strong photo

Should be on SI cover once Dirk retires.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #3101
twelli
Diamond Member

I always wonder, why no German player has been able to follow Dirk's path. There are multiple players from Spain, France, Italy, Russia and so on in the NBA, but only one German. Two-thirds of Dirk's talent and some mentoring by Geschwindner should be enough to make it to the NBA.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #3102
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

1. This thread should never be in danger of dropping to page 3.

2. Has anyone got this one already? From what I read (about it), it seems to be really worth it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nowitzki-Die.../dp/386774212X

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #3103
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

2. Has anyone got this one already? From what I read (about it), it seems to be really worth it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nowitzki-Die.../dp/386774212X

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #3104
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in View Post

If I could read German... I would buy it.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #3105
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would too, since it's from holger I bet it is very interesting.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #3106
markus1234
Platinum Member

del

Last edited by markus1234; 11-07-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: double post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #3107
markus1234
Platinum Member

can't wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkFeJW3rjk
Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #3108
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaf3in View Post

Good find
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #3109
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY2X8Vj_TMY

Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #3110
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

"Singing" is generous.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #3111
twelli
Diamond Member

Hope this is not his career choice after his days in the NBA.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #3112
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

So is Dirk's progress a big secret? When he had the surgery it was 3-6 weeks. Well, it is now about 3 1/2 weeks. Any update on it? Any idea of a target for return?

Last edited by Bayliss; 11-12-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #3113
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
So is Dirk's progress a big secret? When he had the surgery it was 3-6 weeks. Well, it is now about 3 1/2 weeks. Any update on it? Any idea of a target for return?
Ya I've been itching for an update as well. Some rotoworld report had some NBA.com writers saying he was still a month away several days ago, but apparently they were generalizing.

Does BG have any inside information about his progress?
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #3114
BGMaverick9
Guru

I talked to him real briefly as I left the locker room. He said an update will come "soon." He didn't have a sleeve on his knee today. Didn't really seem to be laboring or anything when he was walking. He was in pretty good spirits. Lots of laughing and smiling. He's apparently going to be on the broadcast tonight.

Either way, they weren't going to reveal any information until there was an update really worth doing. They're not big on daily updates or progress reports when there's nothing to report.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-12-2012 at 07:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #3115
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We're all waiting. We all new gelling would be tough, but also being without Dirk and Marion has made this team almost unwatchable.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #3116
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Ya he sounded frustrated but everything is going as well as can be expected from the way he was describing the rehab. Looks like last week of November or first week of December is a realistic time to expect Dirk back. Let's hope the boys can hang on until then.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #3117
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk Nowitzki: Recovery Taking Longer Than Expected
by: Jeff Caplan http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...s=iref:nbahpts

DALLAS — Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki, who continues to rehab from arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, said the recovery process is taking longer than he expected.

Nowitzki spoke for the first time since shortly after the Oct. 19 procedure during the Mavs’ broadcast Monday night of their game against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Fox Sports Southwest. Team doctors initially said Nowitzki would be able to resume basketball activities in six weeks.

“At this point, I’ve got stay patient and do what the doctors and trainers tell me; just keep rehabbing and see how long it is,” Nowitzki said. “When I originally heard three-to-six weeks, in my mind I’m thinking ‘in two weeks I’m back.’ But unfortunately, this is not how it happens. My first knee surgery of my career and unfortunately this stuff takes longer than we expected.

“So I’ve got to be patient, do the smart thing and keep working.”

The Mavs need the franchise’s all-time leading scorer, badly. Also without forward Shawn Marion (left MCL sprain) for a third consecutive game, Dallas (4-4) lost its third in a row, 90-82, to a limping, but game T’Wolves squad that played without J.J. Barea, Brandon Roy and Chase Budinger, and then lost center Nikola Pekovic to a sprained ankle in the third quarter. Pekovic led the Wolves with 20 points. Of course, Minnesota was already without stars Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio, yet is off to a 5-2 start.

Nowitzki was in the Mavs’ pre-game locker room briefly Monday between workout sessions. He said on the broadcast that he recently started running in the pool, adding the activity to riding a stationary bike. He said he was hopeful of increasing his exercises next week.

Nowitzki has been incredibly durable throughout his career. He’s dealt mostly with ankle sprains at points during his previous 14 seasons, but he always managed to return to action quicker than expected.

He began to have trouble with his right knee at the start of training camp last season. He believed the quick start to the season after the lockout and a brief training camp irritated his knee, causing swelling and discomfort. He missed four games early on to help strengthen the knee. He suffered similar issues early during this training camp and hoped to avoid surgery.

Nowitzki, who did not indicate that he’s had any setbacks, said it’s been difficult from a mental standpoint to be patient during the rehab process when he’d prefer to be on the floor with a team that is blending nine new players.

“I just want to be out there,” Nowitzki said. “To me, the recovery is not as quick as I was expecting. I had some down days, so I’m working on being in a good mood and still firing the guys up and being there every day, working out and working hard on some other stuff.”
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #3118
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I originally heard three-to-six weeks, in my mind I’m thinking ‘in two weeks I’m back.’
Classic Dirk. Body doesn't heal as quickly as it ages though... sorry bionic man. I think we're all used to him beating healing time expectations, but it doesn't seem like there's anything to be worried about yet.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #3119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dirk will always come back as soon as the major doubts are gone from his trainer's head. He is the hardest working guy in the league, rehabs hard and doesn't dilly dally. When he can come back, he will. I'm just going to worry about this team until he gets back. With a few weeks left, we need to welcome him back into the lineup closer to 10-10 than 5-15.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #3120
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
we need to welcome him back into the lineup closer to 10-10 than 5-15.
my thoughts and hopes - exactly
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer