Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #41
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I'm more than a little concerned/perturbed w his rebounding numbers. Not acceptable...even for a 35yr old. If you're going to play PF on the Mavs, you need to grab a few boards.
Dirk has never cracked a double digit rebounding average and it ain't going to happen now. He's well below his average now, but I'd be shocked to see him with less than 6 RPG by mid season. but if you're hoping for 7+ you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You better get used to it for the regular season - rebounding is the most wear and tear that Dirk can put on his body... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the #1 cause of injury in his career (including all the minor ankle rolls and tweaks).

I expect Dirk to play conservatively around the hoop as long as this team is still playoff-bound... He has a "just get in" mentality about seeding anyway - it's how you perform in the Second Season that matters. Just get through the 82-game slog healthy, no points for style.
Yeah when I was younger I loved playing inside. Once I hit 30 I just got to a point where I was tired of getting hurt all the time so I started playing more outside. Dirk isn't the guy we need fighting down there. Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to do it so he can just avoid it altogether.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We currently have the same record at the Heat, Rockets, Warriors, Clippers and the surging Sixers.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
Dirk has never cracked a double digit rebounding average and it ain't going to happen now. He's well below his average now, but I'd be shocked to see him with less than 6 RPG by mid season. but if you're hoping for 7+ you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.
Well, that's slightly unfair. Twice he averaged 9.9. And at least one of those seasons he was averaging 10 going into the last game of the year. Nelson played him like 15 minutes (there was no reason for him to even play the game...playoff seeds were locked) and he had 3 rebounds. Dropped him below 10 for the year. I was pissed.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote