Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-03-2015, 04:28 PM   #1201
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Funny, for a minute there I thought you were describing Rondo.
Funny, for a minute i thought you were funny.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #1202
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, even the biggest hater wouldnt put Beverly over Rondo...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #1203
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
You got that right. I despise that dude
Old 03-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #1204
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
We should really give this more time before calling it, imo, which is the real reason I brought up Kidd. The team looked TERRIBLE for quite a while after that trade, including the first playoff series, if I remember correctly.
Spot on.

I was against the Kidd deal and I was proven wrong. But it took a training camp to get that offense back in sync and I don't know if Rondo is interested in returning to this team.

I do like how coach is using Rondo in the post to carve up defenses. I think we will use that an increasing amount as the playoffs approach
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #1205
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And who's that?
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #1206
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
The Harris/Barea as point guards should be fine. It would be nice to get a backup shooting guard for Ellis so we don't have a small backcourt.
The Mavs can not win if they have to play JJB. He can be a great option, but he is so tiny, that teams always have success posting him up. When that happens, you have to bench him and put someone else in. If they don't post him up, he can be great. So he's effective against teams that don't have the personnel to go at him, or a coach smart enough to employ that strategy. In 2011, neither Miami nor LA had the kind of guards that could capitilize on JJB's weaknesses, nor could they keep up with his foot speed. Carlisle knows when and where to use him. But if he is your 1st or 2nd guard off the bench every night, and has to play 20-25 minutes every night, we are asking for trouble.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:45 AM   #1207
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I actually have to add that when I'm talking about Rondo, I'm talking about player who is willing and able to develop an outside shot. If he starts shooting threes with success, I have no problem offering him near max, if all starting five can be brought back.

If we are talking about Rondo that Mavs have now, I would have real problems offering him over 12 per year. If my options are to either have only Rondo or Beverley plus Aminu - then right now I'm leaning towards the latter.

Currently Rondo is playing like it's playoffs again but he should switch over to his regular season form within 10 games like he did once he first joined Dallas. I still think debating about Rondo's future should be done after the playoffs - if they exit before the finals, there will be plenty of time and if they reach the finals then there isn't anything to debate at all.

Whichever Rondo you have, this team needs continuity either way before you can assess if something is working or not.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #1208
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
The Mavs can not win if they have to play JJB. He can be a great option, but he is so tiny, that teams always have success posting him up. When that happens, you have to bench him and put someone else in. If they don't post him up, he can be great. So he's effective against teams that don't have the personnel to go at him, or a coach smart enough to employ that strategy. In 2011, neither Miami nor LA had the kind of guards that could capitilize on JJB's weaknesses, nor could they keep up with his foot speed. Carlisle knows when and where to use him. But if he is your 1st or 2nd guard off the bench every night, and has to play 20-25 minutes every night, we are asking for trouble.
this is a great post and shows the issue with Barea. Barea is really limited (mostly at D) and can really really hurt your team if you have to DEPEND on him.

He is great as an OPTION if the matchups are good. But you cant depend on him as starter or main backup. You always need to have the option to hide him on the bench and still win games or a playoff series with alternative player.

Last edited by sefant77; 03-04-2015 at 09:15 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #1209
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I actually have to add that when I'm talking about Rondo, I'm talking about player who is willing and able to develop an outside shot. If he starts shooting threes with success
He is shooting 40.0% from three while here. small sample size and who knows if it will continue, but he's certainly been better than people think.

Also, he isn't getting the max unless it's a desperate team like the Lakers. Rondo will not get max money from any legitimate contender-- more like 10-13
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #1210
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Harris/Barea as point guards should be fine.
There is nothing "fine" about a 2015 Western Conference team having Devin Harris and JJ Barea as its two point guards.

*edit* To be clear, I like both players, and Devin in particular has impressed all season. But that is nowhere near a viable solution.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-04-2015 at 11:51 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #1211
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
There is nothing "fine" about a 2015 Western Conference team having Devin Harris and JJ Barea as its two point guards.

*edit* To be clear, I like both players, and Devin in particular has impressed all season. But that is nowhere near a viable solution.
Absolutely. That's like the Spurs team winning a game without Duncan, Parker, and Leonard and saying that Baynes/Anderson/Mills is a legitimate starting lineup for a season. That lineup can win a few games, but it's nowhere near a team that you'd want to go to war with all season.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #1212
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
He is shooting 40.0% from three while here. small sample size and who knows if it will continue, but he's certainly been better than people think.
Small sample size for what? I didn't realize that people were guarding him so tight that he doesn't even have room to shoot threes.

Lets not start pretending like joining Dallas turned him into 3PT threat with his 40% average. He's made 14 shots from outside, 5 of which were from that crazy TD Garden's game.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #1213
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Quote:
Small sample size for what? I didn't realize that people were guarding him so tight that he doesn't even have room to shoot threes.

Lets not start pretending like joining Dallas turned him into 3PT threat with his 40% average. He's made 14 shots from outside, 5 of which were from that crazy TD Garden's game.
Did they move the line up for that game? Was the hoop bigger or something?

Why is making 5 threes in one game part of your argument about him not being able to shoot?
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #1214
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

It's not, it's the art of hating.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #1215
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But the fact that he is shooting 40% does matter because it goes in line with playing efficient basketball. That's where Rondo can be transformed from a wild and fun pg who puts up big stats to an efficient one who can be just as effective by knowing when and where to shoot.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #1216
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But the fact that he is shooting 40% does matter because it goes in line with playing efficient basketball. That's where Rondo can be transformed from a wild and fun pg who puts up big stats to an efficient one who can be just as effective by knowing when and where to shoot.
He needs to shoot more until defenses guard him properly. It's worth losing some efficiency to gain respect as a shooting threat and scorer. He did that perfectly last game.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #1217
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
He needs to shoot more until defenses guard him properly. It's worth losing some efficiency to gain respect as a shooting threat and scorer. He did that perfectly last game.
Who cares if they defend him properly? If he's open 9 times out of 10 and still shooting 40% from three, then I'd be happy with him taking/shooting open threes all game if his percentage is up.

Same thing with Kidd. Kidd was slow and couldn't shoot a layup so teams focused on other players and left him open. He wasn't ever the focus of defenses, but he was open and shot well enough to punish teams when they left him open.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 PM   #1218
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Quote:
Why do you want defenses to guard him tighter? Why do you not want 40% on open threes? What am I missing?

Who cares if people respect him or not? 40% is 40%.

Edit: didn't see Erica's post saying the same thing. Immediately responded to the ridiculousness of mavsfan1000 before continuing.

Last edited by Twenty4sevenn; 03-04-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #1219
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
Why do you want defenses to guard him tighter? Why do you not want 40% on open threes? What am I missing?

Edit: didn't see Erica's post saying the same thing. Immediately responded to the ridiculousness of mavsfan1000 before continuing.
Can't believe I have to explain this. The tighter he is guarded, the easier it is for him to get to the rim. It also helps spacing for Ellis and whoever attacks the paint. Rondo is not Jason Kidd. Totally different playing style. Kidd was bigger and stronger. But he was slower. I would compare Rondo more similar to Parker. And Parker was able to develop a consistent jumper over time. Hope Rondo can do the same.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:17 PM   #1220
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Somehow I feel I will be labeled as a troll regardless what I say. I don't get any recognition around here. Why do I even bother?
Old 03-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #1221
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Somehow I feel I will be labeled as a troll regardless what I say.
Maybe it's stuff like this:

Quote:
Can't believe I have to explain this.
Quote:
Yeah it was clear. But people have intentionally exaggerated my statements to make me look bad. I'm sick of that.
Quote:
Including this unnecessary thread.

And then this post.......
Quote:
I'm tired of this discussion about Rondo. I'm no troll.
Followed by all of this:

Quote:
He isn't so great on defense. Better than average but not great. See his recent performances against D. Williams and Westbrook.
Quote:
I stopped reading after that.
Quote:
I don't understand why Harris doesn't get a chance to start.
Quote:
Rondo once again getting burned. First by Westbrook. And now D. Williams.
Quote:
I think there is more than enough evidence to show Rondo's character. But I guess you can ignore it if you want.
Quote:
He's a headcase. Maybe grew up in troublesome areas. Whatever it is, not a fun person to be around.

Last edited by spreedom; 03-05-2015 at 10:25 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:23 AM   #1222
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Like I said, I'm done talking about Rondo.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:21 AM   #1223
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like I said, I'm done talking about Rondo.
*stores away for future use*
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:56 AM   #1224
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
*stores away for future use*
Monta Ellis is awesome.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #1225
Twenty4sevenn

Quote:
Can't believe I have to explain this. The tighter he is guarded, the easier it is for him to get to the rim. It also helps spacing for Ellis and whoever attacks the paint. Rondo is not Jason Kidd. Totally different playing style. Kidd was bigger and stronger. But he was slower. I would compare Rondo more similar to Parker. And Parker was able to develop a consistent jumper over time. Hope Rondo can do the same.
Why does he need to get to the rim? Why do you hate 40% on open threes? At what percentage would you hope for Rondo to continue to get open threes? 50%? 60%?

No. You want the defense to guard Rondo tighter so other people have room to shoot 40% from the three point range. Because Rondo shooting a high percentage just doesn't fit into your "Rondo sucks at everything" narrative.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:33 AM   #1226
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Um...what? 40% is not "40%". Context matters.

He almost never shoots threes. He's made exactly 1 in his last 8 games. He's made 14 total threes since he got here, and 5 of them were in one game. If you remove that incredible outlier, he's shooting 32% from three and averaging about 1 made three every third game.

The idea that Rondo's three point percentage is somehow a feather in his offensive cap is absurd. And Kidd...well Kidd averaged between 4 and 5 three attempts a game while here. Comparing Rondo's ability from three to Kidd (right now) is incredibly misguided.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-05-2015 at 09:37 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #1227
Twenty4sevenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Um...what? 40% is not "40%". Context matters.

He almost never shoots threes. He's made exactly 1 in his last 8 games. He's made 14 total threes since he got here, and 5 of them were in one game. If you remove that incredible outlier, he's shooting 32% from three and averaging about 1 made three every third game.

The idea that Rondo's three point percentage is somehow a feather in his offensive cap is absurd.
You're right. He should be penalized for making too many in one game.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #1228
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right. He should be penalized for making too many in one game.
It's not about penalizing, it's about assessing the value of the data and how reliable it is to predict future results.

Bottom line: Kidd made threes at a good clip when he was open. It was a valuable tool for the Mavs. Rondo makes threes at an ok clip every once in a blue moon. It's not when he's open because he's ALWAYS open at the three point line. That is NOT a valuable tool for the Mavs, and people should not be arguing that it is.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #1229
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Small sample of made 3s or no, the fact remains that Rondo is 266th out of 267 in TS% this year so the idea that he should sacrifice some efficiency to shoot more is absolutely ridiculous. He's already the second least efficient player in the entire league! There's just no way to make him work in this offense. He doesn't have the necessary skills. And if he keeps playing like this, pretty soon he's going to find it's not just Dallas where's a bad fit, it's the entire league. Guards who can't shoot just don't crack rotations in the modern NBA unless they're elite Tony Allen-level defenders, and as much as people want to give him undeserved credit for the Mavs defensive improvements, Rondo is nowhere near that level of defender.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #1230
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
Small sample of made 3s or no, the fact remains that Rondo is 266th out of 267 in TS% this year so the idea that he should sacrifice some efficiency to shoot more is absolutely ridiculous. He's already the second least efficient player in the entire league! There's just no way to make him work in this offense. He doesn't have the necessary skills. And if he keeps playing like this, pretty soon he's going to find it's not just Dallas where's a bad fit, it's the entire league. Guards who can't shoot just don't crack rotations in the modern NBA unless they're elite Tony Allen-level defenders, and as much as people want to give him undeserved credit for the Mavs defensive improvements, Rondo is nowhere near that level of defender.
It's funny you mention Tony Allen because that's exactly who Rondo needs to be if this is going to work with him shooting the ball poorly. Be a lock down defender and throw in some offense on the side. I just don't know that Rondo would be ok doing that and the position in the West does demand more. It's a tricky situation for sure.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 AM   #1231
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if this has been posted, but here's an extensive Rondo exclusive Q&A from Yahoo. Long story short, it sounds like he's still far more open to re-signing with Dallas than some folks would have you believe:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rajon-r...020922406.html

Favorite line:

Quote:
Q: What are your teammates like in Dallas?

"Dirk [Nowitzki] is funny as hell. Monta [Ellis] is like my brother. We're close. In the morning we go to practice as a team. It's a great group of guys. There are not too many knuckleheads like me."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-08-2015 at 01:49 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:06 AM   #1232
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Sorry if this has been posted, but here's an extensive Rondo exclusive Q&A from Yahoo. Long story short, it sounds like he's still far more open to re-signing with Dallas than some folks would have you believe:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rajon-r...020922406.html

Favorite line:
Nice find. I needed to read something like this from him.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 03-08-2015 at 08:11 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:33 AM   #1233
Kante
Diamond Member

Good read.

The offense will look sloppy the whole remainder of the season, that's what happens when midseason trades are made, see Kidd for example. In the summer you can work on that IF Rondo stays.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #1234
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Good read.

The offense will look sloppy the whole remainder of the season, that's what happens when midseason trades are made, see Kidd for example. In the summer you can work on that IF Rondo stays.
I don't really want to waste another year of Dirk. There will be only 1 or 2 more seasons left where Dirk can somehow be a contributor to this team.

He deserves to fight for a second title so I want Dallas to be a contender NOW rather than in a somewhat uncertain future. We have the material to be a strong team so I hope we can get something going as soon as possible although I doubt it will happen this season.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #1235
Kante
Diamond Member

Being healthy would help and this year Dirk is a part of the problem, not playing good for the most part.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:04 AM   #1236
Romus

Romus is infamous around these partsRomus is infamous around these parts

This year Dallas is not a contender, We have not a material to be a strong.
Ellis poor player, is not a top player, Dirk is so slow, so tired, so used, Rondo to slow, to clumsy, to temperamental, Parsons to fake pumper and to slow.
No fire shooter in this team, No a fiery character.
I'm so sorry.

Last edited by Romus; 03-08-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Romus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #1237
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Good read.

Rasheed Wallace ring a bell? A mid season trade that won the Pistons a championship.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #1238
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rasheed Wallace ring a bell? A mid season trade that won the Pistons a championship.
Congratulations, you named all one midseason trades that lead to a ring.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #1239
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Also about 1,000,000 times easier to work in a big than a guard.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #1240
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Just saying not all midseason trades take awhile to adjust. But as usual, I get a hostile response from you.

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat