Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-26-2015, 12:15 AM   #161
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Odds of a pick turning out (based on 1989-2008 draft info. Crunches by 82games)
21nd
Star 10%
Solid 40%
Role player 20%
Deep bench player 15%
Bust 15%

52nd
Star 0%
Solid 0%
Role player 10%
Deep bench player 30%
Bust 35%
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2015, 01:49 AM   #162
dirkhorse

dirkhorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
They made the smart choice about Jones. Too bad Wright was taken. So much for EL saying he was going to be available in the second round.
Sources tell DB.com that the Mavs view Finland native Petteri Koponen as a point guard with such promise that he might trump any PG available at No. 21 in this NBA Draft. The exclusive, inside:
dirkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:05 AM   #163
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkhorse View Post
Sources tell DB.com that the Mavs view Finland native Petteri Koponen as a point guard with such promise that he might trump any PG available at No. 21 in this NBA Draft. The exclusive, inside:
http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/5/...-guard-finland

From a month back, don't know if it was posted before.

--Edit--

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/...-summer-league

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 06-26-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:15 AM   #164
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

My thoughts on Anderson

Hey plays great defense and shot 48.5% from downtown before getting hurt. We're paying him rookie money. The Warriors showed us that long athletic guys that can shoot the three and play perimeter defense is important. That's exactly what this guy does. I like the pick. I know landing LA is a pipe dream, but if it happens, I like where this is going.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 06-26-2015 at 08:16 AM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #165
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

At least we finally got a 2-way player in a draft.
He seems to have the tools to eventually be a solid starter in the league and the will to improve his game.
Didn't like the pick at first but am beginning to think he was the best available for this team at pick 21.
Listened to him on the FAN this morning and he seems pretty intelligent and seems to have connected well with Parsons and Harris.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-26-2015 at 09:21 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #166
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
My thoughts on Anderson

I like the pick. I know landing LA is a pipe dream, but if it happens, I like where this is going.
I actually think Jordan would be the better choice because of age and a more realistic way to go this off-season.

Mavs really need to bring Alexander and Upshaw in because those both have the potential to be very good players.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #167
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this pick makes a lot of sense paired with Jordan. I feel like the FO will put a lot of athletic defensive guys around Dirk and Parsons. Sign Jordan, keep Aminu, maybe get a Beverly-type. Mavs do need to get a pg.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #168
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yeah, this pick makes a lot of sense paired with Jordan. I feel like the FO will put a lot of athletic defensive guys around Dirk and Parsons. Sign Jordan, keep Aminu, maybe get a Beverly-type. Mavs do need to get a pg.
Who are some of the available FA PGs next year?

I'm wondering if Rubio would be a decent fit with this team now.
Not a big fan of his but he might be a fit now that we have a legit 3D guy and he is about the only thing that might be available now.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #169
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Rubio is fun to watch and everything, but his defense is horrible and he can't shoot the ball. I'd rather he stay on the Wolves and get to watch him a few games a year.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #170
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Rubio is fun to watch and everything, but his defense is horrible and he can't shoot the ball. I'd rather he stay on the Wolves and get to watch him a few games a year.
I'm still full from the crow I ate from the last pg who couldn't shoot or play defense coming off an injury. I'll pass as well.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #171
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Yeah....I'm afraid we're getting down to either Beverley or Lin or someone similar.
Think we'll have PG by committee next season.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:52 AM   #172
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Who are some of the available FA PGs next year?
When you say "next year", do you mean this upcoming season, or 2016 when the cap spikes?

And just so you know, Rubio is under contract until 2018-19, so you'd have to trade for him...

2015: Goran Dragic, Patrick Beverly, Wesley Matthews, Jeremy Lin, Mo Williams, Aaron Brooks, Nate Robinson, JJ Barea
2016: Mike Conley, Brandon Jennings, Jarrett Jack, Ramon Sessions, Mario Chalmers, DJ Augustin, Greivis Vasquez, Shaun Livingston, Raymond Felton
Also, Damian Lillard will be a RFA and Deron Williams may opt out of the final year of his contract in 2016-17.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #173
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
When you say "next year", do you mean this upcoming season, or 2016 when the cap spikes?

And just so you know, Rubio is under contract until 2018-19, so you'd have to trade for him...

2015: Goran Dragic, Patrick Beverly, Wesley Matthews, Jeremy Lin, Mo Williams, Aaron Brooks, Nate Robinson, JJ Barea
2016: Mike Conley, Brandon Jennings, Jarrett Jack, Ramon Sessions, Mario Chalmers, DJ Augustin, Greivis Vasquez, Shaun Livingston, Raymond Felton
Also, Damian Lillard will be a RFA and Deron Williams may opt out of the final year of his contract in 2016-17.
Yes, 2016.
Rubio and Lawson are the only two PGs I've heard were on the trade blocks.
Our PG situation looks pretty scary for the next few years.
Dragic would be nice on this team but not a reality.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #174
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Dragic, IMO, is probably a much more attainable signing than LMA or DJ. But who knows...
Old 06-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #175
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Not that I particularly like him but Gary Neal could be the next bargain basement buy. He was awful for Charlotte but then again looking at Stephenson there and how bad he was it could just be bad fit for both. When Neal was with Minny his shooting numbers went back up in the small sample size.... and that's Minny for God's sake. Just seems like a guy who needs good players around him and space to play well. I wouldn't mind kickin the tires on him at the minimum off the bench.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #176
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Not that I particularly like him but Gary Neal could be the next bargain basement buy. He was awful for Charlotte but then again looking at Stephenson there and how bad he was it could just be bad fit for both. When Neal was with Minny his shooting numbers went back up in the small sample size.... and that's Minny for God's sake. Just seems like a guy who needs good players around him and space to play well. I wouldn't mind kickin the tires on him at the minimum off the bench.
I´m all in on this one. Wanted to post exactly the same thing. This could be a typical Rick-Carlisle-re-establishing of a player.

Last edited by Thukydides; 06-26-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #177
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Gary Neal is bad, really bad.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #178
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Dragic, IMO, is probably a much more attainable signing than LMA or DJ. But who knows...
Dragic is all but locked it all up to come back to Miami imo