Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Mavs sleepwalk through a win in Philly

Nice to see Dirk & Deron turn it on in the end to seal the W.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-16-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Almost didn't deserve it

Streak is 4. 7-4 overall to be above .600

Refs were insufferable. Really hate rubber-band refs who try to make the game more exciting by allowing an inferior team unlimited contact while continuing to call the superior team the way they should. Prevented the 30-point blowout, but it's not good basketball. Matthews gets called for a single bump. JJB, Harris, and FElton are bumped basically non-stop for 7 seconds without a call. Is significant contact to the ballhandler a foul or not? Parsons elbowed in the nose to the point he was bleeding all over. Ref right there. No call.

Mavs also obviously didn't scout and there may never be a reason to scout. Rick scouts the Rockets, Clippers, etc. and even draws up plays for the team to beat them. This one he just said "play."

Parsons was pretty much unstoppable. Minutes went up to 23. I wanna see this team when he can play all 40
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #3
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

OKC is losing to Memphis right now. Dallas could very well end up in sole possession of 3rd place by night's end.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I'm really starting to like thie team assembled. Already know trade talks are going to be mentioned. I think keeping the team together is fine. I'd really like Cuban to see what's going with Marion though. If he wants to comeback out of retirement when you can sign free agents. You think he would be a good role player for this team?
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Marion is done. And he is not coming back, specially with his new child...

Parsons, Smallball with Wes at SF, Anderson...no need for Marion anyway
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I'd really like Cuban to see what's going with Marion though. If he wants to comeback out of retirement when you can sign free agents. You think he would be a good role player for this team?
Nah, Marion is done... I'd rather suffer through growing pains with Evans than pull a broken-down Matrix out of mothballs.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-16-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:03 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
OKC is losing to Memphis right now. Dallas could very well end up in sole possession of 3rd place by night's end.
3rd in the West? Who would have thought that.

Rockets also looking to drop to 11th in the West
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Rockets were up something like 42-27 at one point in the second. Surprised they're getting fully blown out right now. I sense an implosion if things don't turn around soon for them.

Frustrating game for the Mavs tonight. They still need more time to figure each other out, but I like that they are continuing to trust one another even though nothing seems to be falling. At least, the Mavs got more late game pressure work in.

Last edited by jleefilled; 11-16-2015 at 10:20 PM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #9
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Rockets getting their arses handed to them again by the Celtics. Maybe the west won't be the juggernaut it's been in the past. I'm really beginning to warm up to the Mavs and the playoffs. I'm thinking 5 seed about now. Later, who knows? I hope tonight's Parson sighting wasn't a one off performance.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #10
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I hope tonight's Parson sighting wasn't a one off performance.
Yeah, I'm hoping this is just the beginning of a great season for Parsons...

Old 11-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win early on.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope this isn't going to be the norm for Matthews. He really needs a groove.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #13
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I know it's too early to talk playoffs... but man, a series against the Clippers would be amazing.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:51 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just hope this isn't going to be the norm for Matthews. He really needs a groove.
I think he will -- this team is still coming together, which might be throwing off his rhythm a bit... Let's see how everybody looks once they develop a bit more chemistry.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-16-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:52 PM   #15
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I know it's too early to talk playoffs... but man, a series against the Clippers would be amazing.
My god I don't know if I could handle that. A lot at stake that series would be.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:31 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The West is a little sluggish thus far. Nice to see the Mavs stacking up a few wins through hard work and consistent commitment to team ball. + Dirk is still breathing.

Go MAVS!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:23 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Say it ain't so, BG! ! ! ! ! ! !

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:17 AM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Say it ain't so, BG! ! ! ! ! ! !

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Yeah, we talked about that in another thread earlier...

Old 11-17-2015, 04:34 AM   #19
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

1. Golden State
2. San Antonio

That's pretty much what I expected from the 1 and 2. I feel like San Antonio can ultimately be the best team, but during the regular season with the way that Pop rests his guys they are unlikely to win as many games. For the Mavs to be the first team in the standings after these two teams ahead of teams like the L.A. Clippers, OKC Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, and Houston Rockets I am really impressed. I thought we'd be fighting for 7th or 8th with the Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, and New Orleans Pelicans. Instead the Pelicans are still working on their 2nd win.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #20
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Golden State
2. San Antonio

That's pretty much what I expected from the 1 and 2. I feel like San Antonio can ultimately be the best team, but during the regular season with the way that Pop rests his guys they are unlikely to win as many games. For the Mavs to be the first team in the standings after these two teams ahead of teams like the L.A. Clippers, OKC Thunder, Memphis Grizzlies, and Houston Rockets I am really impressed. I thought we'd be fighting for 7th or 8th with the Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, and New Orleans Pelicans. Instead the Pelicans are still working on their 2nd win.
It will not last but a better start than expected.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to enjoy this four game win streak because the Mavs have a tough schedule coming up and could easily be back at .500 by the end of November. Luckily the WC looks down as of now, but that could change.

@Celtics (who have beaten Atlanta, OKC, and Rockets)
-day off
Home to Jazz(will be tough to get a win there)
-day off
@Thunder
-day off
@Grizzlies
@Spurs

Spurs is a b2b. Would be nice to have a little bit more big help right now. Hopefully Parsons can start playing consistently.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I am going to enjoy this four game win streak because the Mavs have a tough schedule coming up and could easily be back at .500 by the end of November. Luckily the WC looks down as of now, but that could change.

@Celtics (who have beaten Atlanta, OKC, and Rockets)
-day off
Home to Jazz(will be tough to get a win there)
-day off
@Thunder
-day off
@Grizzlies
@Spurs

Spurs is a b2b. Would be nice to have a little bit more big help right now. Hopefully Parsons can start playing consistently.
Right off the bat I'm worried about the Celtics game. Like you said they've beaten 3 decent teams. Very young team, very scrappy, and deadly on the 3 point line. Not a good matchup for the Mavs.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #23
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nah, Marion is done... I'd rather suffer through growing pains with Evans than pull a broken-down Matrix out of mothballs.
I was thinking a veteran small forward. Primarily defensive player to be a role player off the bench can help. Marion was the only one I think of.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #24
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Right off the bat I'm worried about the Celtics game. Like you said they've beaten 3 decent teams. Very young team, very scrappy, and deadly on the 3 point line. Not a good matchup for the Mavs.
Yeah, me too. A team we could very easily take too lightly.
This team needs to focus every night because there appears to be a lot of parity this year...at least so far.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #25
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Yeah, me too. A team we could very easily take too lightly.
This team needs to focus every night because there appears to be a lot of parity this year...at least so far.
And the mavs dont have the ability to overlook teams. I trust that RC is doing his hw and saying hey guys bring your A game because Celtics are a scrappy team that can hit the 3.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #26
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I made two very small bets with a co-worker for the next game between the Mavericks and the Celtics. He said that the Mavericks would lose by 8. I took that bet with the line he created. Then I took a 2nd bet with simply who would win. The bets will essentially cover lunch. He is making the bets based on the loss against the Pelicans. Well, I don't see that happening, especially after the disappointing win over the 76ers.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 11-17-2015 at 10:52 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #27
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
I made two very small bets with a co-worker for the next game between the Mavericks and the Celtics. He said that the Mavericks would lose by 8. I took that bet with the line the created. Then I took a 2nd bet with simply who would win. The bets will essentially cover lunch. He is making the bets based on the loss against the Pelicans. Well, I don't see that happening, especially after the disappointing win over the 76ers.
If the Mavs come out aggressive, this would be a good spot for the Celtics to drop a game considering the crazy run theyve been on (Atlanta, Thunder, Rockets). But if the defense isnt there, Celtics could do a lot of damage.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #28
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
And the mavs dont have the ability to overlook teams. I trust that RC is doing his hw and saying hey guys bring your A game because Celtics are a scrappy team that can hit the 3.
The Mavs have been pacing this season with injuries and whatnot but we have a pretty rough stretch coming up that will require more of an "all hands on deck" course of action.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote