Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The Cavs were allowed to do whatever that wanted, and Steph was ticky tacked out of the game.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:59 AM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
The Cavs were allowed to do whatever that wanted, and Steph was ticky tacked out of the game.
This. Can't believe no one has mentioned how they've let the Cavs manhandle them- while calling ticky tack on Curry

Problem for GS is who do they turn to? Bogut out hurts. He can't consistently get it done anymore but is still their best rim protector and has his moments. Ezelli and Varajao are shells of their former selves. Speights is too slow.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:08 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
This. Can't believe no one has mentioned how they've let the Cavs manhandle them- while calling ticky tack on Curry

Problem for GS is who do they turn to? Bogut out hurts. He can't consistently get it done anymore but is still their best rim protector and has his moments. Ezelli and Varajao are shells of their former selves. Speights is too slow.
I intend to watch the game again, but honestly I didn't see it that way at all. It looked to me like the Cavs had more than their fair share of BS calls as well, and the fouls I saw on Curry seemed perfectly legit. Sure, they were they kind of "ticky tack" fouls that usually don't get called on superstars, but from what I saw they were indeed fouls. He just played stupidly, always gambling trying to get the steal when he should have just focused on staying in front of his man and contesting the shot. I might see it differently on a second viewing, but right now I don't get the outrage about GSW getting "manhandled."
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:21 AM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Haha. I'll emphasize the "IMO." If Kyrie had grown with the Warriors the way Steph has we'd all be discussing him as an all-time great. Steph is the best shooter in the league, but Kyrie has better handles, finishes at the basket better, and is able to get contested shots off better... All while being four years younger. When he hits his prime in a few years he will be unguardable.

These playoffs Kyrie is shooting better than Steph (48.2% vs 44.8) while averaging the same amount of points (25.3) and nearly half the amount of turnovers (4.2 vs. 2.3). Again, he's four years younger. So yeah, give me Kyrie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I intend to watch the game again, but honestly I didn't see it that way at all. It looked to me like the Cavs had more than their fair share of BS calls as well, and the fouls I saw on Curry seemed perfectly legit. Sure, they were they kind of "ticky tack" fouls that usually don't get called on superstars, but from what I saw they were indeed fouls. He just played stupidly, always gambling trying to get the steal when he should have just focused on staying in front of his man and contesting the shot. I might see it differently on a second viewing, but right now I don't get the outrage about GSW getting "manhandled."
Tristan Thompson is allowed to push and grab and camp in the lane. There was one play where he pushed Klay down low and he missed a layup couldnt believe they didnt call it. Garretson made the call on Curry, the clean steal which would've been a layup, from the other side of the court shielded while another had a better angle. The last Curry foul call was terrible too. LeBron flopped into Curry.

Maybe manhandled was a bit strong. I definitely think the games have gotten more physical and that has benefited Cleveland. The calls skewed their way in this one IMO. That said, GS needs to man the F' up

Last edited by mac222b; 06-17-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #5
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Maybe manhandled was a bit strong. I definitely think the games have gotten more physical and that has benefited Cleveland. The calls skewed their way in this one IMO. That said, GS needs to man the F' up
This is where I'm at as well. I think Cleveland has been allowed to get away with a lot more physical game resulting in Curry and Thompson not getting their normal shots. The main thing about this is that it is in direct opposition of what the league's stated goal of "opening up more movement". And it seems the deeper in the playoff you go, the worse it's become. I just told the wife last night that I have no idea what a foul is right now and no hope of knowing how the refs are going to call the game. Yes, Curry fouled ... but seriously those were touch fouls and nothing compared to what Curry and Thompson have had to deal with.

On top of those fouls, the moving screens are absolutely insane! The players can practically run up and hug the defender right now.

However, all that said, if Curry is a legit MVP, he needs to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. He seriously needs to step up, man up, whatever you want to call it. He's got to figure out a way to force the defense to back off his shot. And this should have happened 3 or 4 games ago honestly. Lebron trash talking (flaunting tech foul???) is a huge indication of where Curry's head is at right now ... afraid to even look at Lebron. Hell, Curry should just get into it with Lebron and have them both kicked out of the game. GS wins easily at that point.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
This is where I'm at as well. I think Cleveland has been allowed to get away with a lot more physical game resulting in Curry and Thompson not getting their normal shots. The main thing about this is that it is in direct opposition of what the league's stated goal of "opening up more movement". And it seems the deeper in the playoff you go, the worse it's become. I just told the wife last night that I have no idea what a foul is right now and no hope of knowing how the refs are going to call the game. Yes, Curry fouled ... but seriously those were touch fouls and nothing compared to what Curry and Thompson have had to deal with.

On top of those fouls, the moving screens are absolutely insane! The players can practically run up and hug the defender right now.

However, all that said, if Curry is a legit MVP, he needs to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. He seriously needs to step up, man up, whatever you want to call it. He's got to figure out a way to force the defense to back off his shot. And this should have happened 3 or 4 games ago honestly. Lebron trash talking (flaunting tech foul???) is a huge indication of where Curry's head is at right now ... afraid to even look at Lebron. Hell, Curry should just get into it with Lebron and have them both kicked out of the game. GS wins easily at that point.
Agree and good point about the moving screens. Again, Tristan Thompson is allowed to move, grab, push in a way that the other players aren't. He's playing extremely well, don't get me wrong. But I think I counted one moving screen called on him the whole night. Not sure what adjustment the Warriors can make. Ezelli is pretty worthless. They just have to go small with occasional doses of Varajao. Assuming Iggy is moderately ok
Old 06-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think he gambles so carelessly because he really cant guard/defend that well.