Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I honestly am mixed on this. At least Mavs have nothing to lose here. It is a rare day when Bogut is healthy, as much can be said for D-Will. In the best scenario they end up warming the bench and Mavs have a legitimate chance on top-5 pick. Worst case, actually chasing 8th seed.

That being said, if Barnes is signed, then Mavs come out with a better team than things seemed 24 hours ago. I wonder who's going to start at center though? I know, already cutting Bogut out of it.

For the record, I do not consider Bogut to be bad or done.

That's a low bar to have. This offseason should've been about rebuilding or contending and none of these moves do that. I'm so confused about the Bogut trade. All it does is help GS out. Unless it helps us snag Barnes I don't understand. Bogut is a decent big but you could get his value for far cheaper.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
That's a low bar to have. This offseason should've been about rebuilding or contending and none of these moves do that. I'm so confused about the Bogut trade. All it does is help GS out. Unless it helps us snag Barnes I don't understand. Bogut is a decent big but you could get his value for far cheaper.
Sounds like GSW are relinquishing the rights to Barnes, making him an unrestricted free agent, who Dallas just got a viral agreement from... So, yeah, it looks like the Warriors are are returning the favor for us taking those guys off their hands.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-04-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #3
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yep Cuban should win GM of the year for taking Boguts contract for GS and giving them cap room to sign KD. It just delays rebuilding for another year with no future to speak of. I guess they want to miss out on big free agents next summer as well.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote