Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest disappointment of the season by far is Anderson. He really just doesn't have it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #42
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
That's with a healthy JJ.
i dont think we get to 11, we could be possibly seeing the worst nba season of a franchise, the 2012 bobcats got the record with 7 w..

Last edited by ffballer; 11-25-2016 at 09:55 PM.
ffballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #43
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Best thing was my old school stream. Looked like Washington Bullets
Old 11-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #44
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The biggest disappointment of the season by far is Anderson. He really just doesn't have it.
i was expecting MUCH more from our fresh new fracnhise player HB.. twelve points, -23 per, 0 from 3 behind the arc..
Old 11-25-2016, 09:59 PM   #45
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
i dont think we get to 11, we could be possibly seeing the worst nba season of a franchise, the 2012 bobcats got the record with 7 w..
And then whiff on the lottery draw.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #46
ffballer

if i were cuban by december i would've traded as many players for next year draft picks and start all over again
Old 11-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #47
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Quote:
i was expecting MUCH more from our fresh new fracnhise player HB.. twelve points, -23 per, 0 from 3 behind the arc..

He doesn't seem to play well with Dirk. They both operate in that midrange space. So with Dirk in I noticed Barnes ends up just kind of standing out behind the 3 point line on offense. Barnes needs his iso touches.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #48
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs should just forfeit games against the top tier to save themselves the embarrassment.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:05 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Two pages of GDT. We're leaning hard on that lottery season.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #50
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody watching the post game show with Harp and Followill?
These chicks behind them are hilarious sticking their asses up to the camera and the one of them is grabbing the other's ass and Harp and Followill are cracking up during the whole thing.
Best part of the night....
Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #51
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Anybody watching the post game show with Harp and Followill?
These chicks behind them are hilarious sticking their asses up to the camera and the one of them is grabbing the other's ass and Harp and Followill are cracking up during the whole thing.
Best part of the night....
haha
Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #52
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uh, he is Michael Jordan compared to Anderson.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:19 PM   #53
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
haha
Hot chicks in tight leather pants.
Followill and Harp's reaction to the situation was priceless.
Funny to watch them laughing while talking about the dreary play of the Mavs.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #54
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I want Dirk to demand a trade. I wonder if there will be any takers. I love Dirk, and I hope that a top tier team will be interested. I doubt this will happen. It's all hypothetical at this point. I'd rather him do this than retire really.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:27 PM   #55
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hot chicks in tight leather pants.
Followill and Harp's reaction to the situation was priceless.
Funny to watch them laughing while talking about the dreary play of the Mavs.
I did not even know, this is allowed in Texas
Old 11-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #56
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I want Dirk to demand a trade. I wonder if there will be any takers. I love Dirk, and I hope that a top tier team will be interested. I doubt this will happen. It's all hypothetical at this point. I'd rather him do this than retire really.
Matching that salary will be difficult....contenders normally don't have $25mil contracts they want to get rid of.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-25-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #57
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He is pulling a Dominique Jones this season
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #58
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
I did not even know, this is allowed in Texas

LOL...
Not sure how it was allowed on FSN

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-25-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #59
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
LOL...
Not sure how it was allowed on FSN
O´Reilly is an ass, too.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #60
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Matching that salary will be difficult....contenders normally don't have $25mil contracts they want to get rid of.
I know that there is no chance that it will happen. Just wish it could for his sake.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #61
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes had 13 shots in 30mins. 2 of those were put backs off rebounds. So he really had 11 shots in 30mins. Idk if it's an issue with RC calling plays or the players on the floor but we have 1 guy on this team who has been commanding double teams this year. 1 guy who has had games where he carried this pathetic offense. And for no reason at all we will have stretches where he will not even touch the ball for a good 3 to 5+ minutes. He has to work on a lot of other areas still and I want him getting to the FT line more but today he didn't feel like a #1 option in terms of plays we called for him. He didn't even feel like a #2. I think even though Wes only had 8 shots it seemed we made more of an effort to get him the ball than Barnes. I saw several possessions we wasted trying to post Wes up, none of them worked more than likely.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #62
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well Wes is a black hole on a team full of black holes. He only lasts because there is literally nothing to replace him.

The team misses Barea more than anyone because of his playmaking skills. He would get Barnes more interested in this game.

But why would anyone want to be interested when it clearly looks like a purposeful tank? Even the worst talented teams can show heart. This team is on empty when it comes to that.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:18 PM   #63
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pop manages to float in the upper regions every season. I wonder why we can´t do this.
If they hadn't draft Kawhi (and therefore hadn't signed Lamarcus) they'd be in the same boat right now. That being said no points against them for constantly drafting well. It's something we should have tried to do but remember Cuban wanted the extra million or so in cap space over Giannis and Schroder in 2013. We're feeling the effects of that sort of thinking now.

Same reason the Patriots are always successful. Solid drafting + great coaching + franchise player = elite organization. Right now we get in the way of ourselves when it comes to drafting, we don't have a franchise player (but hopefully our high pick this offseason is him), and we have a coach who is better suited for veteran teams.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #64
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk to Minnesota for Rubio/Pekovic works.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:06 AM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Daryl Morey is off his meds

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-26-2016 at 02:19 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:08 AM   #66
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
The idea of this makes me sad
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:11 AM   #67
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Looks like Morey is off the wagon again...
There was another CadBane sighting?
Old 11-26-2016, 02:15 AM   #68
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
There was another CadBane sighting?
Nah, Houston trolls... Typical front-running bitches who think flaunting their mediocrity over our full-on tanking is something to be proud of.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-26-2016 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:15 AM   #69
mac222b
Diamond Member

[QUOTE=Underdog;1410893]Looks like Daryl Morey is off his meds

What's this referencing UD? You're mad cryptic this evening
Old 11-26-2016, 02:18 AM   #70
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nah, Houston trolls... Typical front-running bitches who think flaunting their mediocrity over our full-on tanking is something to be proud of.
Yeah there roster objectively sucks. Capela is a decent piece. Harden is a selfish idiot. I don't care how many assists he gets. Do they even have any other assets? Sam Dekker? They held unto Montajunas and Terrence Jones and other youth a little too long.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:19 AM   #71
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yeah there roster objectively sucks. Capela is a decent piece. Harden is a selfish idiot. I don't care how many assists he gets. Do they even have any other assets? Sam Dekker? They held unto Montajunas and Terrence Jones and other youth a little too long.
They think Harden can flop his way to a ring, but the refs always shut that shit down in the playoffs.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:22 AM   #72
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If they hadn't draft Kawhi (and therefore hadn't signed Lamarcus) they'd be in the same boat right now. That being said no points against them for constantly drafting well. It's something we should have tried to do but remember Cuban wanted the extra million or so in cap space over Giannis and Schroder in 2013. We're feeling the effects of that sort of thinking now.

Same reason the Patriots are always successful. Solid drafting + great coaching + franchise player = elite organization. Right now we get in the way of ourselves when it comes to drafting, we don't have a franchise player (but hopefully our high pick this offseason is him), and we have a coach who is better suited for veteran teams.
And if the sun wasnt hot we'd all be dead. Come on the Spurs have been the Spurs for the better part of two decades. Franchises like that always find a way. If it wasnt Kawhi and Aldridge, it would be some other players and the Spurs would still be a top 3 seed. They will never be in the same boat as the Mavs.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:35 AM   #73
Underdog

Quote:
1) Dirk has a no-trade clause, so no.

2) Wishing Minnesota on him is a dick move... Don't be a dick to Dirk.

3) Why trade for Rubio when you can simply draft a younger version of him in Lonzo Ball?

4) I will personally break Rubio's knees if he ever puts on a Dallas uniform... Don't make me be a dick to Rubio.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #74
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Unfortunately Barnes is crashing back down to earth hard as well. Now at 21 points on 53,5%TS, below 30% three point shooting for the season. Could be an excellent second option next year though, next to our primed rookie (thinking Fueltz!).

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-26-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #75
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Unfortunately Barnes is crashing back down to earth hard as well. Now at 21 points on 53,5%TS, below 30% three point shooting for the season. Could be an excellent second option next year though, next to our primed rookie (thinking Fueltz!).
It's hard to get anything going when defenses can focus in on him and not have to worry about the other 4 players on the floor... Also, our schedule has gotten harder as of late.

But, yeah, I think Barnes as a 2nd option (with the ability to go off as a #1 some nights) has always been the idea. But it's not like anyone else is stepping into that #1 role right now, so all the weight is on him. I still love what I see so far, lots more potential for growth -- especially when we start adding more pieces.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-26-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #76
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Problem is that the losing/tanking mentality has already spread like wildfire so judging Harrison's performance lately doesn't mean much. If he averaged 40 a game but we win 10-15 games doesn't mean anything more than what he is doing now.

The season is already over.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #77
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think the key word is "contender".
Can't see us trading Dirk or him accepting any trade unless it is to a team that has a legit chance of making it to the championship.
Minny doesn't exactly fit that type of team.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:37 PM   #78
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I think, dirk is going nowhere. He will hang it up in May, and that´s it then
Old 11-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #79
Underdog

Quote:
I think, dirk is going nowhere. He will hang it up in May, and that´s it then
I wouldn't have it any other way... And just looking at how Dirk's contract is structured, he feels the same way.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-26-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:53 PM   #80
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

I think, the NHL is using similar contracts to shovel money into the player´s pockets, but decreasing. They can use the average pay to meet salary cap restrictions. But i´m not 100 % sure here. Flaco knows this better