Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default Wing

Any good wings we might be able to pick up with our early 2nd rounder?

I see on Tankathon that Allonzo Trier is mocked at 30 going to Boston. he certainly had a lot of points the first 2 games.

Definitely ball-hoggety and tons of just open looks.
however, looks to be very athletic with good enough handles to get to the rack.
doesn't appear to be much of a passer.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

I see on Tankathon that Allonzo Trier is mocked at 30 going to Boston. he certainly had a lot of points the first 2 games.

Definitely ball-hoggety and tons of just open looks.
however, looks to be very athletic with good enough handles to get to the rack.
doesn't appear to be much of a passer.
There's a handful of good wings, but it's a bit premature. The mock drafts always have some guys going in the first who will be second rounders or even undrafted and guys who are predicted to go second that will be firsts.

Honestly, if we don't win the lottery, I could see us picking up Doncic and then pursuing a center in the second round or free agency. Dude is so smooth for only 18. It's incredible how talented and smooth he is. Having Doncic at 18 and Smith at 20 would be a crazy young core of guys who are way smoother than their age should suggest.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
There's a handful of good wings, but it's a bit premature.
Yeah, it's way too early to have any idea about second-rounders... Really, anything outside the top 5-10 is pretty much just a dart throw at this point.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
There's a handful of good wings, but it's a bit premature. The mock drafts always have some guys going in the first who will be second rounders or even undrafted and guys who are predicted to go second that will be firsts.

Honestly, if we don't win the lottery, I could see us picking up Doncic and then pursuing a center in the second round or free agency. Dude is so smooth for only 18. It's incredible how talented and smooth he is. Having Doncic at 18 and Smith at 20 would be a crazy young core of guys who are way smoother than their age should suggest.
The only thing that holds me back from Doncic is him seemingly needing the ball in his hands to be effective. He looks like a very good passer/playmaker, and I think it might be more wise to go with a big if possible. However, if they rate Doncic as a higher ceiling than Dennis, then you gotta take him.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The only thing that holds me back from Doncic is him seemingly needing the ball in his hands to be effective. He looks like a very good passer/playmaker, and I think it might be more wise to go with a big if possible. However, if they rate Doncic as a higher ceiling than Dennis, then you gotta take him.
Yeah it's a bit of a concern, but LeBron/Kyrie both needed the ball and they both have a 'ship. Wade/LeBron are the same.

Heck, Thompson/Curry are both similar, although they're also amazing shooters from the pass.

Those pairings represent the 6 of the 7 championships since Mavs won.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I'm all about getting a big in this draft, but if we ended up with Doncic it would give us one of the most elite backcourts of the future. Maybe go after Bol Bol (Manute Bol's son) in 2019 if we can get another high pick... Although 2019 looks to be stacked with wings (Zion!), so this is really the year to grab a big.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #7
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've read that Doncic is also a little slow and that could hold him back from being a star at the NBA level. Dude is smooth though and looks to be the real deal.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote