Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #281
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
https://youtu.be/TCsn5bPSHis

Great BBALLBREAKDOWN video with analysis of Barnes' hot start. These videos are awesome because they show the action on the court and can give you a lot of good information even on missed shots that were still set up well. Highly recommended!
Wow, cool find.

I disagree though that Barnes is taking too long on the ISOs. He is clearly analyzing the defense and has the BBIQ to know what to do next. Taking his time is also teaching him to to be an ISO player. Also, the team just doesn't have much offense, especially with Dirk and Deron out. Not much choice but to let Barnes do his thing. I just think that if he tried too quickly on the ISOs that he'd make a bad decision. Maybe once he gets fully comfortable, then he can start to make quicker decisions.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #282
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

It was about time for BBallBreakdown to show some love for the Mavs. Have been waiting for Coach Nick to post anything about Mavs.

I am starting to believe that Barnes could become what Wade was to Lebron. Not just some 2nd option guy. I am trying to restrain hopes of something bigger, we will just have to wait and see, also enjoy the process he is going through.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #283
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
It was about time for BBallBreakdown to show some love for the Mavs. Have been waiting for Coach Nick to post anything about Mavs.

I am starting to believe that Barnes could become what Wade was to Lebron. Not just some 2nd option guy. I am trying to restrain hopes of something bigger, we will just have to wait and see, also enjoy the process he is going through.
HB and Josh Jackson would be a sweet combo for the next decade.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #284
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wow, cool find.

I disagree though that Barnes is taking too long on the ISOs. He is clearly analyzing the defense and has the BBIQ to know what to do next. Taking his time is also teaching him to to be an ISO player. Also, the team just doesn't have much offense, especially with Dirk and Deron out. Not much choice but to let Barnes do his thing. I just think that if he tried too quickly on the ISOs that he'd make a bad decision. Maybe once he gets fully comfortable, then he can start to make quicker decisions.
Ha that was my gripe too. Its not like he's catching up with 8 sec left then holding for 5. I mean I understand he's letting guys set in their defense but he's picking his spots and doing damn well at it so far. Still great video
Old 11-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #285
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ha that was my gripe too. Its not like he's catching up with 8 sec left then holding for 5. I mean I understand he's letting guys set in their defense but he's picking his spots and doing damn well at it so far. Still great video
I think that was basically giving him an A- and explaining the minus.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #286
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I was listening to the radio on my drive home yesterday and they were talking about whether they would trade HB, 1st pick, and contract filler for Porzingis and Noah. One guy said they would because Porzingis has superstar potential that HB doesn't. Just curious, but why can't HB be a superstar in this league? He clearly has the work ethic and desire to get better. He has a coach who sees this and does his best to put him in position to succeed. Can HB become a star in this league?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #287
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I was listening to the radio on my drive home yesterday and they were talking about whether they would trade HB, 1st pick, and contract filler for Porzingis and Noah. One guy said they would because Porzingis has superstar potential that HB doesn't. Just curious, but why can't HB be a superstar in this league? He clearly has the work ethic and desire to get better. He has a coach who sees this and does his best to put him in position to succeed. Can HB become a star in this league?
That's a great trade proposal. On one hand, I like Porzingis and his upside at 21 and on a contract much more favorable. On the other hand, no thanks to Noah and that awful contract. But I do think any team would have to take on some contract in addition to parting with a pick or two, and a talented player.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #288
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thats is an awful trade for us. Barnes, a first, and the albatross contract of Noah for Porzingis?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #289
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Thats is an awful trade for us. Barnes, a first, and the albatross contract of Noah for Porzingis?
Yea, that's why I was a "no thanks" to it.

Hypothetically, Barnes + 2017 1st round pick for Porzingis? It's interesting for sure, but think Knicks say no, while Mavs would be thinking long and hard about it, probably a no for them, too.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #290
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

You're basically betting on Porzingis becoming a superstar which is no guarantee. This is a superstar league and without one you're going no where. I don't think I'd pull he trigger on that deal either. What is lacking from HB's game though that he can't become a superstar?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #291
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're basically betting on Porzingis becoming a superstar which is no guarantee. This is a superstar league and without one you're going no where. I don't think I'd pull he trigger on that deal either. What is lacking from HB's game though that he can't become a superstar?
Not near enough is lacking in his game for us to trade the 1st pick

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #292
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Not near enough is lacking in his game for us to trade the 1st pick

That doesn't answer the question...
Old 04-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #293
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That doesn't answer the question...

Fair enough. Well then my version of answering your question directly:

Slashing (improve his handles a tad and he's got it), and consistency from the 3 pt line. He's not very far off on either of those.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #294
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes is a star, not a superstar. Teams can be successful with 2-3 stars and no superstar.

Porzingis isn't a superstar either, and I'd put the odds of either of them becoming a superstar at relatively the same level. Porzingis maybe has more chance of reaching that next level, but at 7'3", I also think that he's more likely to be injured and may never be able to put more muscle onto that frame.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #295
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Porzingis isn't a superstar either, and I'd put the odds of either of them becoming a superstar at relatively the same level. Porzingis maybe has more chance of reaching that next level, but at 7'3", I also think that he's more likely to be injured and may never be able to put more muscle onto that frame.
This is my worry with Porzingis. Would love to see him succeed but how many 7'1 and above players have there been without major injuries which affected their career?
Old 04-22-2017, 08:14 AM   #296
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

So many homeristic statements. The Knicks would laugh in our face if we tried to trade the 9th pick for Porzingis. Actually, they would laugh in our face if we offered Barnes with the pick. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Barnes has as much of a chance becoming a superstar as Porzingis.

Porzingis is three years younger, has a much better body, longer, more athletic for his position, already a better three point shooter on double the attempts Barnes averages, and a much, much, much better and more impactful defender. That's at year two, after coming from Europe as a supposed project.

But back to Barnes, what is he missing to become a superstar? Handles, penetration, elite three point shot, so basically the three most important things for a perimeter player. Him developing those skills at 25 would virtually be unprecented in NBA history. At 25, you either have those elite skills, or you don't. He doesn't.

That's not to say he will not be able to improve them, just that with Barnes those skills have a cap on them. His ISO ability was a nice surprise, and if we are lucky in the draft, our core will suddenly look a lot better. Barnes in a more limited role would be awesome, he could put more effort into his defense, and take even better shots on offense.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #297
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Derozan the 2nd worst contract at the 2 guard spot? Barnes the 2nd worst contract as a PF? What a joke... Who is this dude?
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #298
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Derozan the 2nd worst contract at the 2 guard spot? Barnes the 2nd worst contract as a PF? What a joke... Who is this dude?
Much is based on general doubt. Author admits he exceeded expectations last year, but to be "worth" his contract I agree he still needs to take another step. The mentioned playmaking and lack of free throws is definitely something I'd like to see vastly improved as well.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #299
Thebo

In my opinion the issue is simply that there are few really bad contracts in general at power forward position. This article is still subjective as it considers max contracts deserve to be for star players, even though the league has been handing out max contracts to pretty much everyone since the new cap.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #300
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares what some scrub Zach Lowe-wannabe says about Barnes? I think most of us agree Barnes has been great on and off the court and his work ethic bodes well for the future.

Last edited by tap2390; 07-18-2017 at 08:43 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #301
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXJxbzPAPfY/

Grats to Harry B.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #302
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #303
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2017/9...ions-to-answer
Old 11-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #304
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@IsaacHarrisNBA: Last year, @hbarnes pulled down 394 rebounds. Through 14 games this year, he already has 99

Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #305
GlowerPower
Banned

GlowerPower is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Barnes is a star, not a superstar. Teams can be successful with 2-3 stars and no superstar.

Lol
GlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #306
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowerPower View Post
Lol
Good comment
Old 11-13-2017, 09:13 PM   #307
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Pointless use of a quote.... Zinger wasn't a superstar last year, and the 2nd half of the quote which isn't bolded, presumably because it doesn't support the super insightful "lol" comment, clearly says zinger might have a better chance at being a superstar and also a better chance to have injury issues. So nothing stated was false, and it was last year, cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by some dude named Bryan_Wilson

Goran Dragic is an elite level pg in this league. If by league I'm referring to my local YMCA.
Hah! This Bryan guy, thinks Dragic is elite. I bolded the part u guys should read. Pay no matter to the rest it's unimportant.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #308
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@IsaacHarrisNBA: Last year, @hbarnes pulled down 394 rebounds. Through 14 games this year, he already has 99
After that slow start he's really come around. I like that he's attacking faster than he did last year. Last year he held the ball for 5-8 seconds sizing players up before deciding what to do. I really hope the rebounds stay, I doubt it but I hope so.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #309
Underdog

Quote:
After that slow start he's really come around. I like that he's attacking faster than he did last year. Last year he held the ball for 5-8 seconds sizing players up before deciding what to do. I really hope the rebounds stay, I doubt it but I hope so.
I see no reason why not, they don't come across as fluky -- from what I've seen, his anticipation, positioning, and outright hustle have improved.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #310
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes is Finley.

Porzingis could be Dirk.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #311
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hah! This Bryan guy, thinks Dragic is elite. I bolded the part u guys should read. Pay no matter to the rest it's unimportant.
lol
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #312
Underdog

More rebounds and more free throws were Harrison's two biggest goals coming into the season...

16-17: 35.5 MPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.6 FTA
17-18: 35.4 MPG, 7.1 RPG, 4.4 FTA

So far, so good -- keep up the good work!

Old 11-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #313
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More rebounds and more free throws were Harrison's two biggest goals coming into the season...

And those rebounding numbers make getting a center who can rebound this summer a priority. You might finally not be the worst rebounding team in history having a Barnes/Ayton at the 4/5.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #314
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:

I think that's been a huge part of his success but also his early learning pains. It's a lot like what Avery did with Dirk-- asked him to change his game. It really hurt us in the first year as he transitioned, but having that facet to his game made him unguardable in the championship season.

Barnes simply needed to play a game where he ended his possession closer to the basket to pick up rebounds. We're seeing early results from Rick's work with Barnes. The FTs need to go up, but considering that Barnes has the ball less with Smith, it's still a nice bonus to have those FTs.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-14-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #315
GlowerPower
Banned

GlowerPower is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Good comment
About as good as yours. Comparing the ceiling of Porzingis and HB is just laughable. HB has a fringe all-star player ceiling. He's a solid player, but dime a dozen. Porzingis is called the Unicorn for a reason...his ceiling is MVP level player. The dude is putting up 30 PPG on 60% TS% while blocking 2 shots a game. There is no reality where HB ever comes remotely close to such a thing. And we're talking *now*, in KP's 3rd year. So how can you say their ceilings are equal?
GlowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #316
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Its too bad the Celtics didnt steal KP while Phil was still there. Just for the sheer hilarity of it.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #317
Thebo

When it comes to KP, I would agree with higher ceiling, but at the same time history hasn't been generous to 7'1 and taller players when avoiding injuries. If he manages to avoid major issues, he certainly has MVP caliber, but one important injury and his defense and quickness at that size will change a lot. I fully hope he manages to avoid serious injuries and reach his ceiling.

When it comes to Barnes, it is good to see him develop and having DSJ may help him find his role even better.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #318
Underdog

@bobbykaralla: Harrison Barnes has shot 45 of 89 (50.6 percent) in the clutch since joining the Mavs. (Clutch is final 5 minutes, lead within +/- 5)

Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #319
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

but...but...it was the fault of Barnes that they threw away the championship!!!!!111111

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #320
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article why Barnes is a bad fit...

https://hoopshabit.com/2018/12/05/ha...las-mavericks/

I know the Mavs like him as high character guy and hard worker but he also is what he is: A ball stopper, black hole with tunnel vision, an average/below average iso scorer, plays best at the position of our new franchise player etc. Soon 27 and no, he wont change his game. I also dont see him improving his game, since he is basically the same player since he signed here 2016.

The FO is going to form the roster around Luka from now for sure. Barnes is obvious not a good fit. Makes me wonder if they are allready looking next summer to adress the issue (as example Julius Randle) to be set at the forward positions for years.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-09-2018 at 06:25 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote