Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2020, 03:20 PM   #201
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Assuming that the coach is unaware of what you guys notice doesn't seem plausible to me. What does seem plausible is that there are other, less obvious considerations being balanced against the ones fans notice, and that a calculated decision is made, for better or worse.

Since we're not involved behind the scenes, where the preparation, teaching and planning occurs, we simply won't understand everything they do.

The way to judge the team is pretty simple, however: Win/loss record. Since the Mavs' win total has already matched what they accomplished for the entire last season without playing a single post-all star break game, I think it's safe to declare that the majority of what their head coach has done to this point has been successful.
This post is full of obvious. Not wrong, but not much else.

It seems that there is a lot of extremes in some who are defending this situation. More minutes doesn't mean maximum minutes. Rick does puzzling shit doesn't mean Rick sucks and isn't successful. We already won more games than last year defines some success but not all of the success we want or could have. If we are satisfied then why finish the season. Who dare have hopes beyond this, we are ahead of what we thought. Hey it's already a success, anything above here is icing.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #202
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Hey it's already a success, anything above here is icing.
This actually IS how I feel, to a certain extent. Of course I want the team to keep going and improving, but there's very little that can happen for the rest of this season to dramatically lower my spirits. I'm here to enjoy the ride, and for the first time in almost a decade, the team is actually headed in the right direction. Way more quickly than could have been reasonably expected, too.

I'm sorry to point out the obvious (because I agree, it is obvious) but I often feel that opinions from certain people here are so extreme and miss so much of the obvious that stuff like what I wrote needs to be out there.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #203
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Maybe some guys need more time than others but I recall THJ playing right away following the trade with NY last year. He must have learned the playbook really quick and he was considered by most mavs favs a backup SG that just so happen to be a starter on the poor Knicks

I really don't see much difference between WCS and THJ in terms of the requirements to get minutes after a trade doing mid season especially since both players were previous starters elsewhere
Why does it matter what Mavs fans think? How could that be even remotely relevant? Maybe THJ is a sponge. Maybe he has more intuition, more background knowledge, or already understood exactly what Carlisle wants from him on the floor. The Mavs were also not trying to make the playoffs at the time, so maybe they just wanted to throw him out there, to see what he’s got. They did the same thing with Noel the year they traded for him.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #204
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Ian Begley: Sources: Willie Cauley-Stein has signed with Adie von Gontard of Young Money APAA Sports for representation. Cauley-Stein, who is not in the bubble due to personal reasons, has a $2.3 million player option for next season. Interesting young player for teams w/cap space like NYK
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:33 PM   #205
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Ian Begley: Sources: Willie Cauley-Stein has signed with Adie von Gontard of Young Money APAA Sports for representation. Cauley-Stein, who is not in the bubble due to personal reasons, has a $2.3 million player option for next season. Interesting young player for teams w/cap space like NYK
You think he's going to opt in?
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #206
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I highly doubt that WCS takes his PO. I fully expect him to be a FA.

Kinda don't blame him. I know Rick is very conservative with new players getting minutes, but WCS was put at the end of the bench, which kinda ruined his ability to get a big contract next season. If he opted in, he could work his way into the rotation, but then again, he could get 5-8 million from some team and a longer term commitment.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #207
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
You think he's going to opt in?
You usually don't hire a new agent if you intend to opt in

So I think he's gone
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #208
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I highly doubt that WCS takes his PO. I fully expect him to be a FA.

Kinda don't blame him. I know Rick is very conservative with new players getting minutes, but WCS was put at the end of the bench, which kinda ruined his ability to get a big contract next season. If he opted in, he could work his way into the rotation, but then again, he could get 5-8 million from some team and a longer term commitment.
Still don't understand why he wasn't used more. Same goes with Bobi.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #209
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Once Powell comes back, he would be behind 3 players on the depth chart, and he can’t play the 4.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #210
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Once Powell comes back, he would be behind 3 players on the depth chart, and he can’t play the 4.
How many players come back to form after a torn achilles?

Old 07-20-2020, 04:39 AM   #211
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
How many players come back to form after a torn achilles?
JJ Barea cheif maybe learn
Old 07-20-2020, 08:45 AM   #212
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
JJ Barea cheif maybe learn
Chief* and he is NOT the same player. Good grief. And even if that were true, Barea doesn't rely on athleticism the way Powell does. Achilles injuries kill the athletic part of the player's game.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:38 AM   #213
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Chief* and he is NOT the same player. Good grief. And even if that were true, Barea doesn't rely on athleticism the way Powell does. Achilles injuries kill the athletic part of the player's game.
Cheif, JJ Barea has married Miss Universe twice. Achillies has never played for the Mavs so your point is irrelevant.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #214
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
He wont resign in Dallas but imo he's a better overall player than Powell.

I hate the fact that Powell couldn't rebound or provide any paint defense.

His entire game was just occasional lob dunks.

You could get that and more with WCS for a cheaper deal.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #215
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
He wont resign in Dallas but imo he's a better overall player than Powell.

I hate the fact that Powell couldn't rebound or provide any paint defense.

His entire game was just occasional lob dunks.

You could get that and more with WCS for a cheaper deal.
Yeah, I didn’t see him being signed either. Mavs have already given Powell the money, and wcs will be looking for more money and opportunity than the Mavs will likely be able to provide.

Tags
size queen