Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 1 33.33%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 33.33%
Mavs lose by 10-19 1 33.33%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Curry good at putting ball in hole from far away
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Jax to Curry
Old 08-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs are capable of a rally.

-22 to +10
Old 08-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #44
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this game will help to get some of the role players going tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #45
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest comeback since 2016- 22 points. Hell of a 4th quarter! I didn’t catch any of the game due to early tip-off, but good to see the reserves finish strong.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #46
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea. I'm watching it delayed on DVR... It was from a turnover and was only a 2 pointer btw.

Burke turned it over shortly after that timeout the same way and the same result happened.

If we only gave minutes to players who never missed a rotation or played consistent awesome defense, we couldn't even field a starting lineup. Lol.
Gotcha, thanks.

I agree with your point that there aren't a lot of plus defenders on this team (or at least plus defenders who are good enough on offense to play consistently), but I just feel like Boban hurts you so much on defense in certain matchups, especially when he's out there too long.

I LOVE what he gives you on offense. Love it. I think he's a great player to have on the roster.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #47
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair Utah was running an almost summer league like lineup out there. Still, props for not giving up and getting the job done

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take any win without Luka and KP.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #49
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
For sure.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #50
KillerLeft

Carlisle is praising MKG, who was +21 in 18 minutes without taking a shot. That's pretty impressive, actually.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:38 PM   #51
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Love Trey Burke's game

This is why I still believe he helps more than Brunson he can actually create off the dribble.

Good to see Curry get going and obviously I I'm always a fan of Boban getting minutes.

The only thing that upsets me is the fact that the mavs could have avoided the Clippers if they just avoided some of those blown lead games.

I think this team matches up very well with Denver and could have really had a legit shot of getting out of the 1st round had the basketball gods saved them 2-3 times in those games they choked away.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:41 PM   #52
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Love Trey Burke's game

This is why I still believe he helps more than Brunson he can actually create off the dribble.

Good to see Curry get going and obviously I I'm always a fan of Boban getting minutes.

The only thing that upsets me is the fact that the mavs could have avoided the Clippers if they just avoided some of those blown lead games.

I think this team matches up very well with Denver and could have really had a legit shot of getting out of the 1st round had the basketball gods saved them 2-3 times in those games they choked away.
Part of me agrees, because there's no way in hell this team can hang with the Clippers in a series right now. Then again, part of me doesn't mind Luka getting manhandled by those long defenders in his first playoff series. The Mavs aren't winning it all this year anyway, and this might inform him on how he needs to prepare for the future.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Part of me agrees, because there's no way in hell this team can hang with the Clippers in a series right now. Then again, part of me doesn't mind Luka getting manhandled by those long defenders in his first playoff series. The Mavs aren't winning it all this year anyway, and this might inform him on how he needs to prepare for the future.
I basically said the same thing a few days ago. Although, the way Luka handled Giannis was pretty impressive.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #54
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
They were just talking about this after the game on nba TV.

Kevin McHale said Denver would have been a more effective matchup for Luka giving the mavs a great chance.

Not so much vs the Clippers they said who won by an average of 11 ppg vs the mavs this season.

My thought process is Portland will be a dangerous matchup for the Lakers if they get that 8th seed.

I feel as though there will be a surprise team that crashes the WC party and one of the LA teams won't get to the WCF'S this year.

Last edited by Dallas41; 08-10-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #55
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Mavs win out and take 5th place!
Old 08-10-2020, 08:15 PM   #56
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think that's just the brain trying to find a silver lining, sounds like some media BS to me . I doubt he needs to be manhandled in the playoffs, IMO he knows what he has to do and will grow anyway.
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:35 PM   #57
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought for sure we lost this game but they wouldn't give up. Good win by the nah-stars tonight. We will need contributions from the other guys to be successful.

Rajon Tucker has game. Too bad THJ doesn't have that level of aggression. He got caught by Maxi on one dunk attempt but that guy was trying to throw everything down if he had any space.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #58
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
How so? We are 1.5 games back of OKC for the 5 seed with 2 games left.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:32 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
How so? We are 1.5 games back of OKC for the 5 seed with 2 games left.
Statistically we cannot get 5th place at all. Not even if we went 2-0 in our last two.

However, if we can win our next two games (hard as we're playing Blazers on a B2B and then the unbeatable Suns)

Worst Jazz can do is 43-29 (.597)
Best Mavs can do is 45-30 (.600)

I have no idea how things would go with this weird season (Mavs will have played 3 more games than some teams), but I assume that would mean that we'd be 6th?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:20 PM   #60
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Statistically we cannot get 5th place at all. Not even if we went 2-0 in our last two.

However, if we can win our next two games (hard as we're playing Blazers on a B2B and then the unbeatable Suns)

Worst Jazz can do is 43-29 (.597)
Best Mavs can do is 45-30 (.600)

I have no idea how things would go with this weird season (Mavs will have played 3 more games than some teams), but I assume that would mean that we'd be 6th?
They are using PCT.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #61
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Quote:
For sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xub8nqHVZ1g

Quote:
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #62
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
I think that's just the brain trying to find a silver lining, sounds like some media BS to me . I doubt he needs to be manhandled in the playoffs, IMO he knows what he has to do and will grow anyway.
Michael Jordan, the greatest of all time, got his ass kicked for seven years before he figured out how to reach the top. I’m not saying it’s absolutely necessary, but it’s not “media BS” to suggest that Luka having the opportunity to face the league’s best team so early in his career MIGHT accelerate his learning curve a bit.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:17 AM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
They are using PCT.
I misread and Jazz are .606 and the best we can do is .600 so we are stuck at 7

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-11-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #64
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Jazz have one game left and if they lose their record will be .597

If we win out our record will be .600 and we'll get the 6 seed
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #65
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

If the Thunder lose both their remaining games they will be 43-29 and their record will be .597

AND if the Jazz lose their one game they will also be 43-29

If we win out our record will be .600 and we'll get the 5 seed
Old 08-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #66
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
If the Thunder lose both their remaining games they will be 43-29 and their record will be .597

AND if the Jazz lose their one game they will also be 43-29

If we win out our record will be .600 and we'll get the 5 seed
As I stated originally. Doubting the mathematics and statistics guy I see.

Chances of it happening? Let's see.

Mavs finish 0-2. We're not moving up regardless of whether the Thunder finish 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 and also the Jazz have finished 0-1 or 1-0. 6 different scenarios. All end with Mavs in 7th place.
Mavs finish 1-1. We're also not moving up regardless of whether the Thunder finish 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 and also the Jazz have finished 0-1 or 1-0. 6 different scenarios. All end with Mavs in 7th place.
Mavs finish 2-0. Again we're not moving up if Thunder finish 1-1 or 2-0 and also the Jazz have finished 1-0. 2 different scenarios. Both end with Mavs in 7th place.
Mavs finish 2-0. Mavs move up if Thunder finish 0-2 or Jazz finish 0-1. 1 scenario. Mavs in 6th place.
Mavs finish 2-0. Mavs move up if Thunder finish 0-2 and Jazz finish 0-1. 1 scenario. Mavs in 5th place.

In 2 out of 16 scenarios Mavs move up in rankings. In 1 out of 16 scenarios Mavs climb up to 5th place.

Mavs play Trail Blazers today and Suns on Thursday.
Jazz play Spurs on Thursday.
Thunder play Heat tomorrow and Clippers on Friday.

Problems I see with Mavs moving up? Lillard and the Suns are both on fire. Also the Clippers may rest the team for the playoffs, giving the Thunder an easy win.

Both the Spurs and Heat should be tough opponents in the other games. Let's see what happens! If Mavs win today, then 6 scenarios are gone. If Mavs lose, then all hopes in moving up are gone.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 08-11-2020 at 02:33 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #67
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I believed you but I wanted to show the math