Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #2601
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Mulford
@TheMulf
·
9m
On Simmons’ pod, Jackie MacMullan said she heard that Lauri Markkanen wants to go to Dallas to team up with Luka and KP.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #2602
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Mulford
@TheMulf
·
9m
On Simmons’ pod, Jackie MacMullan said she heard that Lauri Markkanen wants to go to Dallas to team up with Luka and KP.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #2603
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Michael Mulford
@TheMulf
·
9m
We would have to trade KP there's no way Lauri and KP would work together.

We need a big 3 or 4 team blockbuster where we get Lauri + another good player and give away KP and Powell or somebody.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 12:21 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:21 PM   #2604
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
I agree but I believe the last 2nd tier players we even signed were Parsons and Monta Ellis, and that's been over half a decade ago. So it's not like we're just not landing stars but we're getting good players. We usually end up with players like Delon Wright.

Ok Seth Curry would probably be the last one, then we screwed that up.
Barnes was a good 2nd tier get.. If we had Seth and Barnes instead of Richardson and whatever came from Justin Jackson, I think the Mavs could have made the finals.. a shooter and a shot creator with size/defense/championship exp./veteran presence is exactly what we are looking for now. It was incredibly short sighted to trade away Barnes, what to make space for Danny Green chase or to give Luka more control of the team? Not to mention Barnes and Seth were pure Mavericks, they wanted to be here.

Last edited by Robillion; 08-02-2021 at 12:26 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #2605
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Barnes was a good 2nd tier get.. If we had Seth and Barnes (instead of whatever came from Justin Jackson), I think the Mavs could have made the finals.. a shot creator with size/defense and a shooter is exactly what we are looking for now. It was incredibly short sighted to trade away Barnes, what to make space for Danny Green chase or to give Luka more control of the team? Not to mention Barnes and Seth were pure Mavericks, they wanted to be here.
I agree with you on your entire post. But I remember lurking here and another Dallas Mav forum and people seemed thrilled that we traded him for a candy bar.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:00 PM   #2606
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Barnes was a good 2nd tier get.. If we had Seth and Barnes instead of Richardson and whatever came from Justin Jackson, I think the Mavs could have made the finals.. a shooter and a shot creator with size/defense/championship exp./veteran presence is exactly what we are looking for now. It was incredibly short sighted to trade away Barnes, what to make space for Danny Green chase or to give Luka more control of the team? Not to mention Barnes and Seth were pure Mavericks, they wanted to be here.
Good point and I don't know what Barnes stats were but I know he was playing some great basketball last year for the Kings.

Never thought I'd say this but I do miss Barnes being here.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:23 PM   #2607
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
NFL is no comparison because players there have far less choice, and much shorter careers. Every really good NBA player who's still playing by age 28 gets to choose where he wants to go, and few choose Dallas. Plus, the Cowboys remain a prestige team with the biggest TV audience. Notice how many ex-Cowboys land big time TV gigs? Its the exposure, baby. And the Mavs were pretty much no-shows on national TV until we got Luka.

As for more fun cities, NY, Phily, DC, ATL, LA, MIA, HOU, CHI, NO, BOS, SF, CLT all have more prosperous and vibrant black communities. That's a dozen cities and 14 teams. Meanwhile, Seattle and Portland are just more hip for everyone. Dallas, on the other hand, is just a great place to make a living.
That's not true. The NFL has just as many options if not more. IF Amari Cooper wanted to go to another team he would've had plenty of teams lining up for him.

In regards to "more fun cities".....I don't see any free agents running to join the Wiz, Hawks, Houston, Chi, NO.........

At the end of the day KD didn't join the Warriors because of how "fun" the Bay Area is....he went to join a championship winning team and maybe being close to Silicon Valley......

These guys don't care about "fun" lol. These guys half of the NBA season are playing on the road and during the summer they are living wherever they want to live.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:54 PM   #2608
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
That's not true. The NFL has just as many options if not more. IF Amari Cooper wanted to go to another team he would've had plenty of teams lining up for him.

In regards to "more fun cities".....I don't see any free agents running to join the Wiz, Hawks, Houston, Chi, NO.........

At the end of the day KD didn't join the Warriors because of how "fun" the Bay Area is....he went to join a championship winning team and maybe being close to Silicon Valley......

These guys don't care about "fun" lol. These guys half of the NBA season are playing on the road and during the summer they are living wherever they want to live.
Right. Most of these guys making that kind of money aren't sitting around the house where they play during the offseason thinking of cool places to go within driving distance to do ...community things. Everyone's different yet from fans perspective it seems like every offseason free agents turn into college kids on spring break and only want to live in night life cities.

Philly, DC, Houston, SF, Boston, Atl are mehhh

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #2609
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Now being said Mavs are not expected to be the team to land either of Demar or Lowry.

I’m already tired
Old 08-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #2610
JustJay

Why would anyone leave the Cowboys. If you're good (good does not mean all time great just good) Jerry will make you the highest paid player for your position in the entire league. He did it with Dak, Zeke, Amari, Demarcus Lawrence, some of the o line too. And they've never sniffed a Super Bowl.

Meanwhile look at the Patriots, no one including Brady got top dollar and they won 6.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:12 PM   #2611
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Now being said Mavs are not expected to be the team to land either of Demar or Lowry.

I’m already tired
I would love Powell (Norman not Dwight) or Otto Porter Jr, but I've not heard a peep about them.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #2612
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I’m already tired
Grant Afseth is not on Stein level. Doubt Mavs feeding this dude info, or any other teams.

It's fun for drama but vast majority is semi-educated guessing.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #2613
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We would have to trade KP there's no way Lauri and KP would work together.

We need a big 3 or 4 team blockbuster where we get Lauri + another good player and give away KP and Powell or somebody.
With toronto drafting Barnes and shopping Siakum then maybe KP to Toronto for Siakum. They need bigs and Barnes/OGA can play the forward positions. Maybe they'd like home boy powell to help with center depth.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #2614
JustJay

Mutual interest between the Knicks and Demar Derozan https://sny.tv/articles/knicks-free-agency-notes-8-2-21
Old 08-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #2615
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I’m already tired
I saw that tweet. I think it was by one of the many dudes who are below Fish though so I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt until otherwise.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #2616
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Why would anyone leave the Cowboys. If you're good (good does not mean all time great just good) Jerry will make you the highest paid player for your position in the entire league. He did it with Dak, Zeke, Amari, Demarcus Lawrence, some of the o line too. And they've never sniffed a Super Bowl.

Meanwhile look at the Patriots, no one including Brady got top dollar and they won 6.
Byron Jones left and became the highest paid corner in the league for the Miami Dolphins.

And in 2010 Tom Brady was the highest paid player in the NFL.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #2617
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I’m already tired
I can't really blame the Mavs here. I guess they just didn't tamper hard enough? How can you even tell Derozan that he is walking away from a huge pay day if he has already made up his mind?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:37 PM   #2618
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mutual interest between the Knicks and Demar Derozan https://sny.tv/articles/knicks-free-agency-notes-8-2-21
Stein has already reported that Derozan is likely going to Miami with Lowry. I suppose anything can still happen, but I'd say it's 90% likely at this point.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #2619
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Right. Most of these guys making that kind of money aren't sitting around the house where they play during the offseason thinking of cool places to go within driving distance to do ...community things. Everyone's different yet from fans perspective it seems like every offseason free agents turn into college kids on spring break and only want to live in night life cities.

Philly, DC, Houston, SF, Boston, Atl are mehhh
Exactly. I think some fans sort of put themselves in these guys shoes but they are in a completely different life and schedule. Not only that but its 2021.....you can find "fun" places in every single city...Mike Conley sure thought it was "fun" going to Utah. Last place id' want to go lol.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #2620
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Victor Oladipo could possibly be a 1 year, minimum deal option for the Lakers as the market could be drying up for him. ��

(h/t
@JakeLFischer
on Spaces)

I feel like if stuff like this is true than teams should just offer him 10-15 million just to see how much he really wants to be a Laker. The minimum? The hell?
Old 08-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #2621
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Victor Oladipo could possibly be a 1 year, minimum deal option for the Lakers as the market could be drying up for him. 🤔

(h/t
@JakeLFischer
on Spaces)

I feel like if stuff like this is true than teams should just offer him 10-15 million just to see how much he really wants to be a Laker. The minimum? The hell?
Old 08-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #2622
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yep. Looking like another terrible FA per usual. Oh well.

Old 08-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #2623
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't think Derozan is going to Miami. Stein said they are looking for SnT options for Derozan, meaning he's not taking the MLE to get there. They are also trying to keep Robinson, who reportedly could be offered deals in the 15-20m per range and not lose Herro either.

I'd be legit shocked if San Antonio helped Miami with a SnT when they can't offer them anything to make it worthwhile.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #2624
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

2 hours
Old 08-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #2625
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I still don't think Derozan is going to Miami. Stein said they are looking for SnT options for Derozan, meaning he's not taking the MLE to get there. They are also trying to keep Robinson, who reportedly could be offered deals in the 15-20m per range and not lose Herro either.

I'd be legit shocked if San Antonio helped Miami with a SnT when they can't offer them anything to make it worthwhile.
Heat are trying to do A LOT and I know they have 20 million but that doesn't seem like enough to do what they're trying to accomplish.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:19 PM   #2626
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

Has to hammered home...if Derozan wants to go there, then they will make it work. Period.

Player. Run. League.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't be open to other teams, but players almost always go where they want to in these types of scenarios.

Old 08-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #2627
JustJay

First of a double that someone posted in between.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #2628
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Mark cuban such a big dummy honestly. Lucky got Dirk and Luka otherwise would have been trash for 25 years. SIGN the best unrestricted young players -sg/sf and center. ASSET ACQUISITION. Need get talent don’t over think it - stop being a dummy.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #2629
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Mark cuban such a big dummy honestly. Lucky got Dirk and Luka otherwise would have been trash for 25 years. SIGN the best unrestricted young players -sg/sf and center. ASSET ACQUISITION. Need get talent don’t over think it - stop being a dummy.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:22 PM   #2630
JustJay

LOL Lakers are still trying to get Buddy Hield, they probably will too. I don't think a team is allowed to continually say no to the Lakers or they get fined 1 million or something.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #2631
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
The best unrestricted young players don't want to come here, what are you talking about?
Old 08-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #2632
Amarelooms

Quote:
The best unrestricted young players don't want to come here, what are you talking about?
Money talks!!! Overpay a little. Instead they do nothing and pickup scraps. BAD MENTALITY.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #2633
JustJay

Overpay who what. And by definition if you overpay, that means that player isn't worth that money. If 36 year old Kyle Lowry can get 30 millon, that means anyone decent player will already get overpaid. John Collins will probably get the max. This isn't 2005 anymore, everybody overpays for anyone who's not a superstar. The rare superstar is probably underpaid compared to what decent players get paid.

If it's true Derozan takes the MLE, I guarantee we would have offered more and still got turned down. They just don't want to come here period, and usually other teams can overpay just like we can. We're basically Charlotte or Memphis no one cares about the Dallas Mavericks except us fans.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:33 PM   #2634
Amarelooms

Quote:
Overpay who what. And by definition if you overpay, that means that player isn't worth that money. If 36 year old Kyle Lowry can get 30 millon, that means anyone decent player will already get overpaid. John Collins will probably get the max.

If it's true Derozan takes the MLE, I guarantee we would have offered more and still got turned down. They just don't want to come here period, and usually other teams can overpay just like we can. We're basically Charlotte or Memphis no one cares about the Dallas Mavericks except us fans.
Loser mentality like our front office. Get dragic and sign athletic sg/wings. Plenty options out there. Don’t need Timmy hardaway we seen him and not that good. Young players!!!!
Old 08-02-2021, 03:34 PM   #2635
JustJay

Did you just say Dragic and get young players in the same post? And Dragic was the only name you could come up with?

I've seen enough from you.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:35 PM   #2636
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Mavs facilitate S&T between Heat and Raptors with end result being Lowry to Heat, Dragic to Mavs, and D.Powell + Burke + M.Brown (can he be traded with other players?) or T.Terry to Raptors. Precious also ends up in Toronto. Raptors desperately need some help at the 5, so maybe Powell (the Canadian) would be attractive.

Last edited by purplefrog; 08-02-2021 at 03:37 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:35 PM   #2637
JustJay

Double

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #2638
Amarelooms

Quote:
Double
Trading for him with just year left!!! I’m not signing old players to long contracts. Signing YOUNG talent. Then when I have to trade I got assets. Right now we have hardly no young talent. Without that we can’t get better!!!!
Old 08-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #2639
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Has to hammered home...if Derozan wants to go there, then they will make it work. Period.

Player. Run. League.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't be open to other teams, but players almost always go where they want to in these types of scenarios.
It is a player run league but this isn't a 5 or 10mill discount. In order for Heat to sign him without a SnT the best they can offer is the 9M MLE(x2-3 yrs). He could get 30mill on the open market per year. Off the top of my head I can't name 1 player who took a 21m discount annually or took a deal so cheap it was 1 years salary across 3.

And again all Stein said was that Miami was exploring SnT scenarios for Derozan. No mention of them being the favored that I saw.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #2640
JustJay

I tend to believe that report about Derozan and the Knicks. They'll sell him on being king of New York (well, king of Madison Square Garden anyway) and they were a playoff team with good players. They have the cap space. I'm sure the Heat are his #1 choice but only by a sign and trade where he can get close to the same amount, but then the Heat will have to lose some good players and maybe they value those players more than Derozan. I don't know we'll see, but I sure haven't heard any rumor like Dallas and Derozan have mutual interest like the one with the Knicks.

Last edited by JustJay; 08-02-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks