Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2021, 03:52 PM   #2641
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
I tend to believe that report about Derozan and the Knicks. They'll sell him on being king of New York (well, king of Madison Square Garden anyway) and they were a playoff team with good players. They have the cap space. I'm sure the Heat are his #1 choice but only by a sign and trade where he can get close to the same amount, but then the Heat will have to lose some good players and maybe they value those players more than Derozan. I don't know we'll see, but I sure haven't heard any rumor like Dallas and Derozan have mutual interest like the one with the Knicks.
I just hope they have a solid plan. Picking up Willie to me has to signal some kind of plan. He's the definition of a JAG center to me. Picking up his option I hope means they have an idea of how they will use his salary in a trade or they had an idea that Powell was going to be dealt. I really don't want to punt FA with an Oubre signing. I would love Derozan, I would love to trade THJ and Powell for Hield and Bagley somehow, I'd love to trade for Rozier... I mean there are a lot of options that don't make this a failure but damn... I've been conditioned to believe this is where my misery starts.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2021, 03:53 PM   #2642
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, Nico!
Old 08-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #2643
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Sheeeeeesh a lot of forgone conclusions and debbie downers up in here, and FA hasn't even started. We've got tabloid links swaying opinion and creating chaos lol I'll check back after something actually happens...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:06 PM   #2644
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Windhorst says Bulls interested in Derozan via SnT with Lauri and others.

I could see Bulls going for him. Lavine Derozan Vuc is not bad.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #2645
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Sheeeeeesh a lot of forgone conclusions and debbie downers up in here, and FA hasn't even started. We've got tabloid links swaying opinion and creating chaos lol I'll check back after something actually happens...
Very much this. Fellow posters, rinse yourselves off before coming back in here from twitter lol.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #2646
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Windhorst says Bulls interested in Derozan via SnT with Lauri and others.

I could see Bulls going for him. Lavine Derozan Vuc is not bad.
Yeah I'm not sure what bonified contender he can go to if not the Heat, or the Lakers if he wants the MLE. He will have to settle for a playoff team like Chicago, New York...or Dallas? I think we're better than either of Chicago or New York personally but Dallas is not Chicago or New York.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #2647
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Do you guys need optimism to make you feel better about yourself? What difference does it make if some of us don't believe we're going to do well in free agency or not. If we do well, you can rub it in our faces. But who cares either way. Pretty sure it's not true that just because everyone believes in the tooth fairy, it becomes real.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #2648
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bey not extended.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #2649
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

No after the last 2 Off seasons and having ppl blow smoke up my ass and try to pass off piles of crap as premium soil with Delon Wright and holding powder for Giannis over Bogdan I'm gonna be pessimistic if I want to be this time.

I'll keep it in check until things are official though.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #2650
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Bey not extended.
Just about to post this. Curry trade now officially an epic fail. Really can't believe they extend to Hinton but not Bey.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #2651
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you guys need optimism to make you feel better about yourself? What difference does it make if some of us don't believe we're going to do well in free agency or not. If we do well, you can rub it in our faces. But who cares either way. Pretty sure it's not true that just because everyone believes in the tooth fairy, it becomes real.
Can you really argue with Willie?

Old 08-02-2021, 04:30 PM   #2652
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

THJ and Boban re-signing
Old 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #2653
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Maybe Mavs facilitate S&T between Heat and Raptors with end result being Lowry to Heat, Dragic to Mavs, and D.Powell + Burke + M.Brown (can he be traded with other players?) or T.Terry to Raptors. Precious also ends up in Toronto. Raptors desperately need some help at the 5, so maybe Powell (the Canadian) would be attractive.
31 seconds ago – via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype
Some around the league believe the Dallas Mavericks will consider trading for Goran Dragic should he end up going to Toronto in the Kyle Lowry sign-and-trade deal with Miami, as ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski mentioned. Dallas can be added as a third team in the Lowry sign-and-trade deal where they get Dragic. The Mavericks can also trade for Dragic separately with Toronto. Both avenues can happen using Dallas’ cap space.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #2654
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
THJ and Boban re-signing
Well I guess we just hope we spend the rest of the money wisely and make some trades using the contracts we have.

I'm depressed as of this moment though.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #2655
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We love our boys in blue!

Old 08-02-2021, 04:38 PM   #2656
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well I guess we just hope we spend the rest of the money wisely and make some trades using the contracts we have.

I'm depressed as of this moment though.
Cuban you dummy. Better not pay thj more than 15-16 a year. Too streaky a player. Not that good.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #2657
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Brunson guaranteed. We have a year to extend or he becomes a UFA (albeit one with full bird rights) next season
Old 08-02-2021, 04:45 PM   #2658
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
THJ and Boban re-signing
So, let's say they sign THJ ($20M) + Boban ($4M)to $24M. Does that mean they only have about $9M left to spend on other FAs? Can they wait on these signings, sign one or two others, and then go over the cap when they sign their own FAs?
Old 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM   #2659
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We love our boys in blue!
You're being a pessimist, you're supposed to hate our boys in blue.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #2660
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...10886245535751
Old 08-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #2661
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Mavs should be all over that.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #2662
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I'd be happy with keeping THJ and adding Collins.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #2663
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Absolutely not. Nothing for restricted players.
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #2664
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Another Wesley Matthews + Deandre Jordan Deal? Hey Tim... if Collins comes take a starting salary of 14m if he doesn't come though we will give you <insert fort knox here>!!

inb4meltdown.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #2665
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
Absolutely not. Nothing for restricted players.
It would be for a S&T. Don't think the Mavs could do it with keeping THJ.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #2666
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

THJ 4yr 72m
Old 08-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #2667
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

That's not terrible, but I'm still meh til we get Luka some actual help.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #2668
JustJay

Quote:
THJ 4yr 72m
No more cap space?

Still confused about that.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:05 PM   #2669
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

18 isn't bad honestly.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #2670
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

With having his rights we can backload the contract more than others I believe? We can maybe start him at 14.5 or so?
Old 08-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #2671
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

THJ is back for 4/$72.

I don’t hate it. He’s movable at $18 per.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #2672
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hardaway getting 18m per year btw
Old 08-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #2673
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
No, but you all are exhausting.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #2674
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

THJ. At least we didn't overpay.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #2675
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If you needed proof that we Love our boys in blue.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #2676
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
No more cap space?

Still confused about that.
Operating over the cap I imagine. So I can only see MLE being left. Only other additions I think will be trades.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM   #2677
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
It's the over reaction after every rumor by any random guy reported on Twitter. I totally get the frustration of Mav free agency and am not afraid to pile on here and there.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:17 PM   #2678
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Operating over the cap I imagine. So I can only see MLE being left. Only other additions I think will be trades.
Yea. While THJ is meh, at least it looks like we're spending...?

Old 08-02-2021, 05:17 PM   #2679
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Probably got a discount at 18, but who knows.

I'll be a little overwhelmed if we don't get at least one more starter
Old 08-02-2021, 05:17 PM   #2680
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Probably got a discount at 18, but who knows.

I'll be a little overwhelmed if we don't get at least one more starter

Tags
jack.kerr aucks